1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. tungpham

tungpham New Member

Hi guys, could you please give me some advice about size. I just ordered 44 but i think it's small, maybe 46 's better. There are some pics about my Napoli:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you so much

2. Pb924

Pb924 Senior member

Anyone ever have a problem where the suit supply site doesn't translate to english properly? something son the site just don't translate. Im in the US and I jut made a purchase. Even the email confirmation is partly in spanish...

3. CaptainTohm

CaptainTohm Senior member

4. Rugger

Rugger Senior member

Looks too small on you IMO. While there aren't any obvious pulls aside from below the button..it just looks small on your frame. Have you tried the 44 or a Napoli?

5. slickslickslick

slickslickslick Active Member

I certainly wouldn't size up if I were you. In fact, I think that the suit looks pretty good! The first pose is incredibly peculiar and doesn't do any favors to people trying to objectively critique the fit of your suit, though.

I echo what Rugger says, sort of. The suit fits you quite nicely, but it does appear to be "smaller" than how I imagine the Sienna to look in my head. There's nothing wrong with this, though; I just think you aren't the intended frame for SuitSupply as a man who has added more to his deadlift recently than I'd imagine most SuitSupply models and wearers, myself included, could do to begin with.

6. Rugger

Rugger Senior member

I can do 495# for reps and fit into a 42! :slayer:

7. CaptainTohm

CaptainTohm Senior member

Thanks slick! I agree, the first picture isn't a great angle. I was super excited while trying on the suit, I didn't even open the vents yet! I'm quite happy with how it looks, and I'll probably post a picture after alterations.

Rugger, I'm actually a little jealous. I squat mid 400's for medium reps, but wouldn't mind slightly smaller legs...

8. tungpham

tungpham New Member

Thank for your advice, but in this photo, it's look like my shoulder not fit this suit, and the trouser waist 's very tight.

[​IMG]

9. tautology

tautology Well-Known Member

Tungpham: you need a suitsupply fit with a higher shoulder to waist ratio to fit your body shape better, or go made to measure. If you just size up, you will end up with a jacket that is too long ( this one is already long) and too loose for your waist. With your thin trousers and long jacket this suit is making the overall appearance unpleasant.
    Your Trousers waist can be let out by a tailor easily. The fit on the legs is very slim but can be let out due to 2 inches of excess fabric suitsupply leaves. Bring the suit to a tailor- I think the result would be better than sizing up.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  10. slickslickslick

slickslickslick Active Member

Sorry, I wasn't referring to your first picture. Glad you like the suit and hope that it looks even better after alterations.

I think that the shoulders look way better there than they would in a size 46 and, as tautology mentioned, you can have the waist taken out. You're never going to get a perfect fit if you don't go MTM, and I really don't think this looks bad on you... certainly the lesser of two evils versus a 46, in any event.

11. Pb924

Pb924 Senior member

The legs of the trousers can be let out on a suit supply suit? this is good to know if its possible. I wouldn't mind a slightly wider leg.

12. tautology

Yes you can let them out about 2 inches or less, at least in the porto trousers in a Copenhagen suit and separate trousers in the multiple fits. People with other suit fits may be able to confirm that there is quite a bit excess fabric for that. It makes sense they do that because in some fits the difference between a 36 and a 38 is over 2.5 inches. In some cases, getting a long one will get you a value in between but then that also affects jacket fit. My suggestion holds, get the best jacket fit and tailor the trousers.

13. Swy5

Swy5 New Member

I need a fitcheck on my suit. It's the lazio model size 44(34R in US sizes i think).
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. MrTopCat

MrTopCat Senior member

Wonderful fit off-the-rack. Especially the trousers.

Only alterations I see are trouser length, sleeve length, and possibly get a tailor to clean up the lower back a bit (seems to be excess material).

There does seem to be some minor sleeve pitch, but it's barely noticeable so I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

Trouser thigh and lower leg tapering seem to be perfect, same with the jacket chest, shoulders, length, and waist. Definitely a keeper.

Oh and the last picture with your hands raised is completely unnecessary.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  15. murakamiharuki

murakamiharuki Member

second all this, but i'm not sure about the shoulders; while they do look OK (maybe even a little too large by a minor amount, like ~.3 in on each side or something), there's also a bit of stretching (as far as I can see) on the back shoulder blades

16. VincentVogan

VincentVogan Well-Known Member

@Swy5 : what leg opening do you have for the trousers? They look slim, but not gay-ish slim. Just what I'm looking for.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  17. ferdsje

ferdsje Well-Known Member

Looks good on you, wich model is it?, Cheers.

18. Swy5

Swy5 New Member

Guess i have to get my shoulders to grow .3 inches then.[​IMG]

Quote:
    on their site it says 18.5 cm

Quote:
    Product code is P3963

http://eu.suitsupply.com/en/suits/l...it&start=12&cgid=Suits&prefv1=Klassisch-Lazio

19. tautology

Nice fit. Second what was said earlier. Releasing the vents may make the excess fabric relax. Suitsupply suits do not give you wings, redbull does.

20. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Are you talking about the waist or thru the legs? Methinks you mean waist, but the question was the thighs. My SS pants don't have 2 inches to let out in the thigh.