• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DartagnanRed

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is possible due to lack of fabric, but has anyone ever had their Napoli suit pants made even slightly less tapered? The Napoli is the only cut that I think works for me due to broad shoulders, but the taper of the pants is annoying me.

Irish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my first SS jacket -- the Havana Light Brown, 42L. Awesome jacket, ideal for summer. And it fits perfectly in the shoulders and chest. Length is spot on too. But these sleeves! I need closer to 25.5" than 26.5". Do I have any options besides dropping to the 42R and resigning myself to a more cropped jacket?

Has anyone had luck shortening even half an inch? I imagine I'd need to have a tailor take it in at the shoulder to get the full inch I want, but that's messy and $$.

I would definitely recommend the jacket, by the way. It looks better in person than it does in the pics I saw here. Just these damn working cuffs.

kashmir

Reaction score
yeah the sleeve length issue is keeping me from buying 42L havana too. its freaking dumb. how tall are you? i own a 42r soho that is a hair too short for my 184 cm (6ft) with big butt frame. london or york cut in 42r seems to be the perfect fit judging by the measurements, but the cut is not casual.

mfridman

Reaction score
I got my HAVANA 42L shortened in the sleeves about 0.5 CM last summer, and everything was fine. I left it to be done at the store.

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
42L havana fits me and my monkey arms perfectly. Literally no alterations needed. Just bragging here.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just got my first SS jacket -- the Havana Light Brown, 42L. Awesome jacket, ideal for summer.  And it fits perfectly in the shoulders and chest.  Length is spot on too.  But these sleeves!  I need closer to 25.5" than 26.5".  Do I have any options besides dropping to the 42R and resigning myself to a more cropped jacket? 

Has anyone had luck shortening even half an inch?  I imagine I'd need to have a tailor take it in at the shoulder to get the full inch I want, but that's messy and $$.

I would definitely recommend the jacket, by the way.  It looks better in person than it does in the pics I saw here.  Just these damn working cuffs. 

I had one of my Havana's taken almost all the way to the bottom button, as far as the way the cuff is constructed would allow. I think that was about 5/8". Just leave the bottom unbuttoned and all but the purists won't notice.

I'm not sure if this is possible due to lack of fabric, but has anyone ever had their Napoli suit pants made even slightly less tapered? The Napoli is the only cut that I think works for me due to broad shoulders, but the taper of the pants is annoying me.

I am wearing a pair today. Just rolled up the leg and only see about 1/4" to let out at most.

SuitsHarvey

Reaction score
Which jacket length do you recommend for a person who is around 188cm/6ft 2 Inch tall? I'm not sure if 77cm jacket length is enough or if I should go for 79/80. It's essential for the fit I'm looking for because some fits won't go for me(either jacket length or shoulder problems).

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Which jacket length do you recommend for a person who is around 188cm/6ft 2 Inch tall? I'm not sure if 77cm jacket length is enough or if I should go for 79/80. It's essential for the fit I'm looking for because some fits won't go for me(either jacket length or shoulder problems).
That should be a "Long" designation, but I guess it depends on length of torso in proportion to legs. I'm 5'7 and hem all my jackets to a 28" length, shirts to 26".

Last edited:

Jeff Nguyen

Reaction score
Also posted this in the Tailor's Feedback thread. I just bought a SuitSupply London Cut in 34R. I sized down from my normal size of 36R, but I fear the length may now be too short. The Napoli in 34R was even shorter I think. For reference, I'm 5'9", and the BOC length is 28.25". Thanks for the feedback!

http://imgur.com/a/EiPT2

nostalgiaultra

Reaction score

ckoolmike

Reaction score
Long for sure. I'm the size height and contemplating between 42 R and 42L ....at the end, the 42L looks better.

ckoolmike

Reaction score
I have the same suit but have you noticed how wide the chest/pocket square area is? I can't seem to fold it to STAY PUT like the one you have in the picture. How did you do it?

ckoolmike

Reaction score
This tie in real life, with navy Napoli suit. It says it is silk on the description, but there is a texture to it sort of like linen. I think it is a nice spring/summer color.

I have the same suit but have you noticed how wide the chest/pocket square area is? I can't seem to fold it to STAY PUT like the one you have in the picture. How did you do it?

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
While we're talking about Mr. Dounuts....looking sharp, dude.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads