Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

I think it is. Cotton linen that was oddly $99. Very nice jacket.

2. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

3. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

$99? Where? [​IMG]

I think they have it in here, in Messico, but at a regular price!

4. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

Lo siento Betel.

It Was last year on line. Maybe in their sale section. I think it was a computer glitch. But they honored it.

5. iheartangels

iheartangels Senior member

Had a chance to pick up the Napoli in 40R - for reference I am about 6'0" 185lbs? I have a couple things in mind for alterations, but wanted to see what others thought. Only alterations were hemming the pants length (dry cleaner job unfortunately, but was in a time crunch)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

The pants look similar to what mine did on a 40R (6'1" 180lbs) and the tailor was able to hem them only on the bottom and it fixed most of the bunching issue you are having. As for the waist on the pants...are they too big? The front picture has some bunching (no cock jokes) around the crotch which looked similar to how some of my old bigger pants fit.

As for the jacket, it looks like you either let the right sleeve out a little or take the left one up. I find it more of a personal decision on the amount of cuff you show. As for the back picture it almost seems like you rolled your shoulders back or is there possible collar gap? Others will know a lot more than me but those are my observations.

7. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

@iheartangels

How does the fabric on the jacket feel?

That looks close to the navy jacket I'd want for an all occasion piece. Shame it's only part of a suit.

Looks great on you.

8. Trompe le Monde

Trompe le Monde Senior member

Jort-line lux shirts:

-mop buttons too thin
    -would have prefer full placket (instead of french)
    -strange cuff button config: (1) shouldnt need double buttons on a sleeve-length-specific shirt! (2) left cuff is single button to accomodate wristwatches... what if wearer is left-handed!
    -cuff shirring a bit too blossomy for me
    -collar unlined and thin... maybe a tad short (worn under SS' own jackets!)

not a great value for 150 EUR but i kept mine anyway

9. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Senior member

I hope the cotton jackets have price drops this year like last year. I remember it happening around August .

10. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery Senior member

Cheers for the review, much appreciated!

I bought one of their 99USD shirts - not bad at all - not as good as Kamakura for the money, but this was very eurotrash - extreme cut away collar, lilac small gingham fabric.

Has anybody bought any of the Jort-line suits? I'm super curious about the thigh allowance - where does it sit on the scale of Sienna/Havana to the oddly-tight Napoli?

Also Monkeyface - mind me asking your height and weight, and if you sized up from your regular size for that BD? Looks killer.

11. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

A tad over 6'2", 188lbs. That's a 40R, my regular size. I would've preferred a 40L, but the sleeves are way too long.

12. iheartangels

iheartangels Senior member

Thanks! The waist is perhaps a bit big, maybe .5" to .75", which was surprising. Definitely need to get a better tailor to re-hem them to see if any of the bunching can be fixed.

Most likely will let the right sleeve out, as that arm is a tad longer. I'll try to get a better picture of the back, with a more natural shoulder position.

Thank you! Fabric is very nice for the price point ($499), even given the high expectations I had based on the reviews here. Definitely a staple navy, which would look great in almost any setting. You might be able to get the jacket only as part of their "Blue Line Personal Tailoring" : http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/content-page-tailoring-blue-line-personal-tailoring.html

However, given the price (starting $409), you may be better off going with the suit if you fit well into the OTR cut.

13. chocsosa

chocsosa Senior member

man, I wish I could cop Kamukara shirts..but with my 38.5 inch arms they dont have any shirts with sleeves that long..shame

14. taibeebee

taibeebee New Member

[​IMG]

Just went to Shanghai Suitsupply in Jiangan area, a very nice shop and bought a few things.... including this Single Monk Suede.

15. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Senior member

Suppression looks great in the after photo. Is that the soho 'purple plain'? http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/jack...n&prefn2=fit&prefv2=Soho&prefv1=Spring/Summer

Last edited: May 29, 2014