Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

CD,

I think shoulders look slightly wide but you can chalk it up to style; I don't think it's "wrong," I mean.

Agree on the patch pockets, but I've been meaning to pick up a few of the linen or wool-cash jackets and they all have patch pockets. I need a nice navy one, as I don't have a navy jacket.

Thoughts on single French cuffs? I converted a shirt with a double cuff to a single and love it. Dude who sold me the shirt freaked out and said it wasn't possible, my tailor laughed and did it for me.

2. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or

3. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

Sweet! I have to pick this up :)

Would you say this is as versatile as a brownish jacket, if close enough in shade? Or does the copper undertone make it less versatile?

Seems like a nice take (copper) on a simple, versatile piece. I'd probably skip a plain brown one if I got this.

4. NefariousSabatour

NefariousSabatour Senior member

i've seen it in person. it's on the light side, but it's still very versatile.

5. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Senior member

just a typo, its 100% linen and it's the one on the webstore.

I wore it again today,
    [​IMG]

6. LEgoiste

LEgoiste Senior member

They are perfect for my built shoulders. (Honestly, I'm afraid it might get a little tight if I bulk up more.)

7. gratedwasabi

gratedwasabi Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I ended up buying the 40L Antra Napoli and I absolutely love it. I had considered the faux uni but really wanted the darker shade. I think it fits really well. Had pants shortened about an inch and a half, Brought the waist in two or so inches to a 33 and had the square back neck modified.

Last edited: May 21, 2014

8. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

9. Irish

Irish Senior member

I don't mean to parachute into the thread but after reading through posts on the Napoli I can't tell if it runs big in general or just compared to other SS lines?

I'm 6'2" 185. Typically I buy 42L (18.5-19" shoulder) and have it taken in. I'm curious if anyone has thoughts on whether I should size down to the 40L? I emailed them for the shoulder measurement but I'm interested in what experiences have been here. Thanks.

10. gratedwasabi

gratedwasabi Member

I am typically a 42R ( sometimes even a 44R with more alterations) but that was too big in the shoulders for me with the SS Napoli. I have the 40L on in the photos above as an example and I have 19 inch shoulders.

11. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Wider compared to other SS lines.

For comparison, I own the same size in a napoli, lazio, and havana. The Napoli is definitely wider in the shoulders compared to the other 2.

When I first discovered Suit Supply, I was still in department store suit mode. I found that the Napoli fit in the shoulders similar to what I had purchased in the past, so I have been happy sticking with that size.

That being said, good starting point is to pull the shoulder measurement off the website and compare to other jackets you own.

Last edited: May 22, 2014

12. Szeph el raton

Szeph el raton Senior member

Today I've worn the Soho DB sportcoat in the blue wool-linen mix the first time to the office. I've gotten 5 different nautical comments incl. the captain of the love boat plus one weirdo who asked where I've parked my airplane.

Jacket ist unaltered in EU 48 at 1.76m and 70kg.

[​IMG]

13. se4n

se4n Member

Looking for some fit feedback on this Havana.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

^ shoulders look pretty clean. Maybe a nip to the front waist. someone will bitch about the closed quaters :) If that is the blue wool, I have that same jacket sitting in a box on my front porch.

@ Szeph, people comment on what they don't understand, or aren't willing to do. I like it.

Last edited: May 22, 2014

15. ScottMC

ScottMC Senior member

Shoulders and waist/button tension look good. The button position is a little high, but that comes with the territory. Sleeves maybe .25" long. Is this is the new Havana Blue Plain in VBC wool? I've been wondering how dark the blue is...