1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. freddych

freddych Senior Member

Ugh... what law firm is this? The only law firm i know of that is business full time was Cravath.

2. Andolin

Andolin Well-Known Member

It's a European law firm, we tend to be a bit more conservative this side of the pond it seems…

3. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Distinguished Member

Might want to consider a 38R, 38L, and 40R.
    Might be the picture angle, but looks like the right shoulder has more prominent roping than the left. Does it cover your arse?

Last edited: May 20, 2014

4. MrNestor

MrNestor Senior Member

Been a longtime lurker here and finally this is my first post.

I have a sizing question, well more advice I guess.
    The following measurements will be EU since I'm from Sweden.

I'm 187 cm (6'1 I think) and 75 kg, so on the weak and small side.

I ordered a Havana jacket in 94 (48L) since a 48R is way too short in the sleeves. I also ordered a Madison suit in 94.
    The problem is I think they are too long, 78 cm. Ofcourse that length isn't too long in any sense of the word since it covers my behind just perfectly but I can't help but prefer slightly shorter jackets.

What would you do, try to alter the length a few cm's or search for another brand since the 48R is a no-go because of the 2-3 cm too short sleeves?

Thanks in advance.

What's the perfect length for you guys?

5. jjzara

jjzara Member

You're already 6'2", if you wear your jacket chopped at the tail, and you're on the thin side, you're going to look like you're 6'6" and 150 lbs. It's been said before, but this trend is eventually going to end, so if you want a suit that's gonna last you more than a couple years, you have to make sure you LITERALLY have your ass covered.

I am a full 2 inches shorter than you and most of my jackets measure 77-78 cm, some even more than that.
    The suit is REALLY tight pretty much everywhere. The quarters on the front-side should stay fully closed when the jacket is buttoned and there shouldn't be any pulling on the back as well. Also, in my opinion, you definitely should have gone with wider lapels (if only for the fact that the lapel "roll" on a full-canvas suit is a beautiful thing, and with skinny lapels a detail like this is unnoticeable). I agree with Monkeyface on the fact that the sum of these issues make you look much heavier than you are.

I'm not sure what they can do about the sleeves, but they should be able to let out the jacket's waist and chest pretty easily. Are alterations on MTM orders included in the price of the suit?

6. Andolin

Andolin Well-Known Member

Another question actually: it seems very few people here seem to be taking the small sizes, but this is what was recommended to me on site and in the shop (a 40S to be precise). Does this tend to be too short (perhaps not in SuitSupply terms, but in the real world). I'd be about 6 foot tall, with 45.5 inch chest, 41 inch upper waist and 44.5 inch lower waist.

7. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Distinguished Member

Don't go with a short if you're over 6 foot. A regular will already be on the short side.

8. mimo

mimo Pernicious Enabler

That's a "no", then?

9. TimNguyen

TimNguyen Well-Known Member

Yeah the alterations are included on MTM orders so I am taking it back today to have all the changes made. I think if there was an option to get 3" or 3.25" lapels it would be perfect because the full 3.5" seems a bit much for my body.

So lets make a list of the things I need to have addressed so I dont forget later:

- let out the waist
    - fix sleeve pitch
    - hem slightly shorter

Anything I am missing?

10. Monkeyface

I don't think they have an online resource, but you could try emailing customer service. That navy saloro that Timotune commissioned does sound interesting.

11. TimNguyen

TimNguyen Well-Known Member

Are you talking about for their MTM stuff? You gotta visit a store to see all that.

12. mimo

mimo Pernicious Enabler

Yeah, I guess. Always worth checking, though, if some SF uber-geek has taken pictures of hundreds of swatches somewhere. Thanks anyway. :)

13. Monkeyface

Chest and lower back area, the vents don't lay nicely as well. Have them put cuffs on your trousers while you're at it. When it comes to lapels, look up the bntailor Instagram account. Those guys rock pretty wide lapels an it looks great on them.

14. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Senior Member

They always do the current collection of Ariston Napoli.

15. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator