Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery Senior member

I like some of the Jort suits but they are a little too flashy - and I'm concerned I couldn't pull off a DB. And I don't think patch pockets work with their single breasted suits, given the formality of the fabric.

2. coldsalmon

coldsalmon Senior member

Cross-post with WAYWRN, since we have been talking about the excellent Napoli Faux Uni:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Senior member

I love this fabric! Great fit on you, coldsalmon!

4. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Looks good. Do you by chance also have the standard issue charcoal? I'm looking for a slightly lighter but still fairly dark grey

5. TimNguyen

TimNguyen Well-Known Member

Have you seen my post about it yet?

http://www.somethingbespoke.com/suit-supply-mtm-part-1/

I saw the suit on Saturday but had to make some final adjustments. Picking it up this Friday.

6. myphriend

myphriend New Member

Longtime lurker here, appreciate this forum.....

I'm traveling to Sydney at the end of the month and need a jacket for the flight and a convention. Business casual. Weather will be high of 65F.

I really love this blue linen, but I imagine some of you would advise against linen on a plane, and I'm not sure it'll be warm enough at night (maybe 55 degrees). It'll get more use the rest of the summer though...

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/jack...2=collection&prefv2=Spring/Summer&prefv1=Blue

Or this cotton...

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/jack...prefn2=color&prefv2=Blue&prefv1=Spring/Summer

But I'm wondering if it'd be wiser to just go with wool? Both for weather and wrinkles. ..

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/jack...2=collection&prefv2=Spring/Summer&prefv1=Blue

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  7. TimNguyen

TimNguyen Well-Known Member

I personally feel like a wool one will suit you better because it won't look too casual during your meetings. I mean yeah sure you are gonna be on the plane for a long time but thats not when you need to make an impression.

8. coldsalmon

coldsalmon Senior member

No, the only SS suits I have are the Napoli Navy, the Napoli Faux Uni, and the Lazio Linen Blue Check. I find that the white thread in the Faux Uni makes the color change significantly based on the light, i.e. it looks a lot lighter in sunlight than it does indoors in the shadows. It is difficult to photograph for this reason; I actually darkened the closeup photo a bit to try to get a truer tone.

9. CousinDonuts

Not really guidance, but some general thoughts:
    Wool - definitely get full year use. More standard business-y (even though that color is a lighter blue)
    Cotton - wrinkles less but I find sometimes they feel a little heavier. If the conference is less formal, then the cotton would be fine.
    Linen - lightest but wrinkles the most. Ditto on the conference comment.

10. MacGuffen

MacGuffen Senior member

Is that this Grey Faux Uni pictured below (P2505)? I wasn't sure if you had an earlier model. Looks fantastic, by the way.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  11. MacGuffen

MacGuffen Senior member

I'm curious, what is the standard issue charcoal, or rather, what product number is it? Is it one of the two "Dark grey", or perhaps the Faux uni? There's a pinstripe, which earlier was called charcoal pinstripe, but they've changed the name of that one.

12. CousinDonuts

They used to have a Napoli that was listed as dark gray I think, which I bought circa fall 2011. It might be the same as what they are calling Antra now., which appears to have a little less white speckle.

13. roncfp

roncfp Member

Correct, the Napoli Antra Plan is their darkest charcoal grey. I have it along with the Napoli Faux Grey-Uni and the Antra Pinstripe and can confim it is slightly darker than the latter two materials.

14. jungleroller

jungleroller Senior member

Yeah I think that's what I have.

Not a great pic but.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. MacGuffen

MacGuffen Senior member

So THAT's the Antra. They're selling it as "Dark grey" in Europe. I really wish they would make the Dark grey/Antra pinstripe... without the pinstripes. It has the perfect shade of warm charcoal. The plain Dark grey/Antra seems slightly too "cold" (blue-ish) from the pictures, though I haven't seen it in person.