1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. jtorres94

jtorres94 Senior member

THAT LAZIO! That's the original suit I wanted but they no longer have it in my size. I knew I should've jumped on it when I first seen it but I missed out. I love the color and just the style of the material on it, I say get it before you have regrets. I did end up purchasing the Lazio I linked even though I wasn't a huge fan of the lighter blue color, since I prefer a more traditional darker blue/navy, but the advice from two women told me to get it since they love the color. Can you post a picture of the Havana? One of the ladies was convinced it was a Denim suit or was meant to look like one.

2. Peaked

Peaked Member

I got home too late to get pics that actually show the color; I'll take some tomorrow in natural light. It doesn't look like denim in person, and the fabric is lightweight with the barely noticeable texture of the weave. I was surprised by how smooth it is.

At your suggestion I pulled the trigger on the other Lazio. It's shipping from the Netherlands, and I'm thinking it must have been a return.

3. jtorres94

jtorres94 Senior member

The weave on the Havana is my favorite part of the suit. I love the color personally, I think the only issue I had was the patch pockets. Look forward to seeing how it looks when you get the chance,and also seeing a picture of that Lazio you got.

4. steadywaters

steadywaters New Member

Hello, new to the forum here. Discovered SS by lurking in this forum and just wanted to say thanks to everyone for making such an informative thread.

Stopped by the Soho store last night about 20 mins before closing and I was fitted for a suit by closing time. Ordered the Napoli Dark Grey in a 36R with just a couple of alterations. I'm 5'9" at about 158 lbs with an athletic build and the jacket fits great, as did the pants (30). The sleeves were a little short, they'll be lengthen a bit. Trousers hemmed as expected.

They said the alterations should be done by Monday (3-4 day turnaround), so I'll share pics after I pick it up!

5. Chulillo

Chulillo Senior member

Great news! They really do have a very good in-store and online service. Looking forward to your pictures.

6. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SuSu Soho
    The lack of light on this grey, December day does not do the color of the suit justice. The color is brown. The tie is blue.

I had the alterations done in the store (Chicago). Fortunately, it all came out well.

8 people like this.
  7. Peaked

Peaked Member

Here are (somewhat terrible) pics of the Wool/Silk/Cashmere Havana. 38R probably needs some work on the sides and a hem, but a 36R was far too short in the tail and sleeves.[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Disregard the mess, my girlfriend had an early morning and decided that all of her clothes were options. The texture is wonderful; very visible but barely noticeable to the touch.

1 person likes this.
  8. SS 376

SS 376 Well-Known Member

I see there is a new Washington on the US website. Is it me or do the lapels look much, much smaller than on other Washington designs?

[​IMG]

9. ScottMC

ScottMC Senior member

@clarinetplayer Very Nice, looks better in the wild. Would you say the weight is only appropriate for F/W?

10. Peaked

Peaked Member

They do look smaller, but I think it's an illusion caused by the 3/2 roll not rolling as much in that photo as on the other Washingtons. That fabric is gorgeous, though.

11. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

The fabric is not too heavy. But, yes. I'd wear it only in F/W.

[​IMG]

If you can visualize the color as being brown, this is a good representation of the fabric.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  12. Chulillo

Chulillo Senior member

Woah @clarinetplayer it looks superb! I really, really like it. And it fits you like a glove, congrats!! :)

13. jtorres94

jtorres94 Senior member

Suit looks really good! May need a little work on the sides, can't tell much, the length is right on definitely. You have me considering buying this suit.

14. virgocluster

virgocluster New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

new to forum. Bought the Napoli in 40/R.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  15. MrTopCat

MrTopCat Senior member

It's because the lapels are rolling quite a bit just above the buttoning point, making it look more like a 3 button jacket than a 2.5 button jacket.

If the lapels were pressed slightly, they'd probably look the same as the others.

16. rye225

rye225 Active Member

Looks great. Really thinking about pulling the trigger on a double breasted suit and the Soho in grey has caught my eye!

17. qinglizi

qinglizi Active Member

looks good. Link of the product please?

18. qinglizi

qinglizi Active Member

Congrats, fits you perfectly. How tall are you and what size do you wear?

19. Meekus

Meekus Well-Known Member

20. jtorres94

jtorres94 Senior member

I purchased the same suit, will be arriving Tuesday so I'm excited to see how it looks in person. Ties are basically all the same style and will easily match the suit since it's a basic dark brown. If you want to save a few bucks, go to Tiebar.com since it looks like you just want a brown tie with dots.