1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. CaptainTohm

CaptainTohm Senior member

Measured my Havana and the sleeves are almost half an inch longer than the measurements on the site. There seems to be some extra room in the chest, as well. Hmmm, I guess I received a dud, of sorts. I'll make the necessary adjustments when ordering again.

2. Skatenc123

Skatenc123 Senior member

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  3. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

While in Chicago, I popped into the SuSu "penthouse" store with the intention of picking up a tie or two. Instead, I walked out with two suits, ties, and PS's. Vah!

• Napoli Plain Grey suit
    • Soho Brown solid dark brown (which I do not see on the website)

Recalling the positive impression by @Holdfast of his Soho DB, I was curious to try it on. The color and texture attracted my eye immediately. The fit was spot on. The coat and trousers need to be brought in just a touch.

Smartly or stupidly, I had the alterations done by SuSu. Last year, I purchased two suits, and their alterations person did a terrific job. But, to do so, IMO, is always a gamble.

The suits are finished and should arrive in a few days. Will post.

There were many fun looking patterns and colors, but I chose the solid grey and brown because these are suits I can wear more than once a week, and no one will notice. Changing the tie, PS, and shirt changes everything. The Napoli is very sleek. Also, a plain color allows for more adventuresome shirt patterns and colors.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
    2 people like this.
  4. Skatenc123

Skatenc123 Senior member

@clarinetplayer did you size the same for Napoli and Soho? much appreciated.

5. clarinetplayer

I wear the same size in all SS suits.

1 person likes this.
  6. clarinetplayer

[​IMG]

This is the Soho that I ordered. The website picture does not do justice to the color. At first, I had misgivings about the flapless pockets. But, the overall fit was so darn good that found it easy to overlook this. I should receive the suit by the end of the week.

7. razl

razl Senior member

I think I've come to prefer flapless (jetted?) pockets on DBs. The flaps add too much visual weight at the waist contributes to the "boxy" appearance; my eye says removing them lends to a sleeker look.

1 person likes this.
  8. Chulillo

Chulillo Senior member

LOVE Soho suits/jackets. They fit to perfection. Post pictures when you get yours @clarinetplayer please. I would really like to see the real color. Thanks.

1 person likes this.
  9. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Senior member

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but are wide are Soho's lapels anyway? And I believe that Madison's are slightly wider, am I right?

10. jtorres94

jtorres94 Senior member

Have been trying to decide which suit to get, been looking to add another blue one to my collection. Here are my two favorite that are available in a 34R. [​IMG]
    http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/havana-blue-plain/P3925I.html

[​IMG]

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/lazio-blue-plain/P3966I.html?start=7&cgid=Suits

I love the color of the Havana and just the uniqueness of that material that adds something
    to the suit. The only problem I have is the patch pockets. I'm not a fan of them, probably because they remind me of a guy I knew who would tuck his sweater vest in his pants. Anyways I also really like the Lazio with the vest, and I do like the color, just not sure if to light of a blue for my taste. Hard to say for sure when suits constantly look different from their website. Another problem I have is I've only ever tried on and purchased Soho fits, so I'm not even sure how the Havana or Lazio will fit me. Any tips? I may just purchase both compare and return the one I dislike most if not both.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  11. Chulillo

Chulillo Senior member

I couldn't tell you right now how wide they are exactly. I have mine stored already because they are not for Winter but I find them simply perfect (at least for me they are).

Here is a picture of mine so you can see how wide they are "in context".

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Senior member

Thanks, I always ask because I'm pretty hefty, and regular lapels (Havana) looks quite slim on me. Not fashion-skinny, but slim.

13. Chulillo

Chulillo Senior member

You are welcome Shawn. I have pretty broad shoalders. I like to work out so these lapels fit my taste to perfection. Not too wide not too thin, just right.

14. jtorres94

jtorres94 Senior member

The Madison lapels are certainly wider and look a lot wider especially on a thinner frame. The Soho lapels are wide but look perfect on the db suit. When I tried on the Madison, the lapels distracted me. Just my opinion, of course.

15. Christopher Essex

Christopher Essex Senior member

I've been reading this thread since July or August of this year and have yet to see a definitive comparison of lapel widths between all the jacket types offered.

I would do it myself, but the nearest SuitSupply is in Seattle, and I don't get there that often.

Looking at the photos on the site, it's difficult to tell if there's much difference in lapel width between the Havana, Madison, Sienna etc.

Do you know if someone has done this recently (since the F/W 2014-15 stuff came out)?

I ask because I'm a fan of the Howard Yount jacket lapels, so would prefer something similar to those in width.

Thanks to anyone that responds!

16. ERok32

ERok32 Member

Does anyone know if the clearance site is going to be back this season?

17. SS 376

SS 376 Well-Known Member

The word around here has been that they won't bring the clearance site back (at least in the US) because they got burned by people buying a slew of suits and then returning most of them the last go-round. That explanation doesn't make sense to me because the usual practice for any retailer is to make all sales final for clearance sales. I might swing by the local store and ask them if they know anything.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  18. clarinetplayer

The suits arrived. The brown on the Soho is quite different than what you see on the website. Will post some picks on Friday.

19. Chulillo

Chulillo Senior member

Thanks for letting us know @clarinetplayer . I'll check out the pictures when you post them. It'll be nice though, SuitSupply suits are usually very nice looking.

20. Peaked

Peaked Member

jtorres94,

I'd purchase both. I just got the Havana you linked, and it's beautiful, though trying to nail down my size in the cut is proving frustrating. I'm not wild about that Lazio, but I adore this one: http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/lazio-blue-plain/P3963I.html?start=13&cgid=Suits and I'm thinking about cycling that in an my standby blue suit out.

I'd order both and see what you like in person. One thing I've found is Lazio sleeves run really short; I wear a 38L in it and a 36 in other cuts.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014