1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. bearsfan172

bearsfan172 Well-Known Member

Ordered the burgundy overcoat in my regular size (38). Really hoping it works out, since the 40 is out of stock...

2. MRMstl

MRMstl Well-Known Member

What is the shoulder measurement on a stock 40r Havana? Quick answer would be super appreciated. Thanks!

3. breakaway01

breakaway01 Well-Known Member

It's on the website. You will see the link when you select the size advisor.

4. Peaked

Peaked Member

I wish the size advisor wasn't so wildly inconsistent. I just got a new Havana in 36R, which should fit the same (per the size advisor) as a Soho 36R. The sleeves are a good inch shorter than my Sohos so I'm trying a 38L, which is cut trimmer than the 38R through the body.

This fabric in person though is incredible. I'm really hoping I can get the sizing figured out.
    http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/havana-blue-plain/P3925I.html?start=20&cgid=Suits

5. qinglizi

qinglizi Active Member

looking really nice! could you please share the link of the suit? thx a lot!

6. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Well-Known Member

I think what you are describing is a QC issue, not the size advisor. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if the uploaded sizes were off.

7. MRMstl

MRMstl Well-Known Member

False.

Chest, sleeve, waist, and length are the only measurements provided on the size advisor.

I want to know the shoulders.

Thanks if anyone can share.

8. MRMstl

MRMstl Well-Known Member

9. yanagi

yanagi Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  10. MRMstl

MRMstl Well-Known Member

11. Peaked

Peaked Member

You're probably right; I have two Washingtons with very different measurements. I wonder if models of the same fabric are consistently different or if even they have a lot of variation.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  12. novaeagle

novaeagle Well-Known Member

There is a reddit user who has that exact jacket for his S/S lineup in DC. Here's a link to his profile, scroll through and you'll see some of his posts where he's wearing it. http://www.reddit.com/user/Captainsaicin?sort=top .

Also here's a direct link to one of his fits, in case you don't have RES: http://i.imgur.com/qlNzxX2.jpg

13. MRMstl

MRMstl Well-Known Member

14. Holidaypartysui

Holidaypartysui Member

15. Holidaypartysui

Holidaypartysui Member

Thanks for the response 1Up and double zero. What do you think of this fit?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. qinglizi

qinglizi Active Member

17. dodd

dodd Member

Are they going to restock soon? It seems like every suit I'm interested in, my size is out of stock.

18. CaptainTohm

CaptainTohm Well-Known Member

Long time lurker here. After reading about 600 post, I haven't found anyone with the same problem I'm experiencing.

I purchased a Havana jacket (http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/jackets/havana-blue-plain/C701.html?vpid=C70105)
    And the fit is very snug on my almost 17 inch arms, but fit decently, but snug, in the chest and stomach. I decided to buy a Napoli suit in the same size, hoping the more generous cut would give me more room.

But the suit shows up, and it looks and feels completely shrunken compared to the Havana. I'm a moron and kept it and paid my tailor $100 to let everything out on it, but of course it's still tight and a bit chopped.

So my question is, are the blazers sized completely differently from the suit jackets? Or did I just get an oddly sized jacket? I measured my Napoli and it's very close to exact to the online measurements. I'll be measuring my Havana later today, just wanted to know if anyone has had a similar problem.

19. Ironballs

Ironballs Well-Known Member

Well between different models the fits vary quite a bit. The Havana jackets fit like the Havana suits, notwithstanding QA issues. The Napoli is roomier in the shoulders and has structured shoulders, though Havana and Napoli are drop 6. You can't really expect them to fit exactly the same, though quite closely insofar as the size similarity permits.

It may be that the Havana is a better fit on you because of the lack of structuring. You could always try the Havana suits, although they are slightly more casual with the patch pockets.

20. CaptainTohm

CaptainTohm Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply! Maybe the lining and padding is what makes the Napoli fit me so tightly. Perhaps I should try the Sienna, since it has natural shoulders.