• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep! Good eye -- although I liked the sienna (esp the shoulder), body a bit boxy on me. the higher armhole and nice lines/ fit at underarm and sides on spalla won me over

looks really good to me, what model is that?

edit: la spalla, right?

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep! Good eye -- although I liked the sienna (esp the shoulder), body a bit boxy on me. the higher armhole and nice lines/ fit at underarm and sides on spalla won me over

Makes me want to invest
fistbump.gif

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Some more details might help:

Afternoon / evening
Summer / winter
Indoor / outdoor
Church /registry

coldsalmon

Reaction score

Not a very good pic / doesn't seem to capture what I thought was a damned good fit on a simple solid charcoal suit.

Do you guys think/ is it your experience shoulders settle out after some wear? They have the hallmark shoulder pleats but seem peaked up a bit right now

The shoulders on my Napolis have not settled down, and I have worn them quite a bit. I favor a more natural shoulder so it's a bit annoying. Napoli and La spalla are different beasts of course.

PapaRubbery

Reaction score
For those interested in the outlet proxy, I'll keep posting in this thread as things progress.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking for a few opinions here. I want to grab a more casual, lighter blue sportcoat for this spring and summer. Something that would mesh well with chinos or denim. I own a pure wool Havana from last spring/summer, so I'm covered with the "standard" navy sportcoat for more business casual attire. This time, I'm thinking of trying a Washington with the peak lapels. Which one of these would you recommend, or do you suggest something else from the Havana fit?

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/jack...n2=fit&prefv2=Washington&prefv1=Spring/Summer

Also, would this particular Washington suit be casual and textured enough to pull off as separates if I wanted?

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/washington-light-blue-plain/P3862.html?vpid=P386203

FWIW, I'm also considering grabbing this Havana linen suit based on the pics from another SF poster earlier in this thread. Would this fabric and pattern work for a separate as well?

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/havana-light-brown-houndstooth/P3838.html?vpid=P383803

Thanks a bunch for any thoughts!

Mahoney320

Reaction score
Just got in a light grey la spalla, but it had no suit bag (save for the small nylon bag). Is this a new thing, do la spalla's not come with a bag, or is it just missing?

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got in a light grey la spalla, but it had no suit bag (save for the small nylon bag). Is this a new thing, do la spalla's not come with a bag, or is it just missing?

All of my SS suits have come with a hanging bag, so I would assume that it's missing. You should contact SS customer service to be sure, although they should send you one regardless.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of garment bags, do you store your clothes in them, actually? I'm guessing if the suit gets weekly use, there's not much use for a garment bag except for transport during travel and to the dry cleaner. What about occasion suits (i.e.: tuxedo)? Should I store my SS tuxedo in the provided garment bag to protect it from dust and cat hair/claws?

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Speaking of garment bags, do you store your clothes in them, actually? I'm guessing if the suit gets weekly use, there's not much use for a garment bag except for transport during travel and to the dry cleaner. What about occasion suits (i.e.: tuxedo)? Should I store my SS tuxedo in the provided garment bag to protect it from dust and cat hair/claws?
Yep, that's right. I only use a garment bag when I travel or for a suit (like a tux) that I don't wear often so that dust won't accumulate on it.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I use them to store seasonal stuff.

Mahoney320

Reaction score
I keep mine in their bags, but I only wear a suit a few times a month.
Speaking of the la spalla, what do you think of this fit - I'm aware of the poor quality, but I was in a hurry, and am trying to decide whether to take it to the tailor today, or do a different size.

MacGuffen

Reaction score
I keep mine in their bags, but I only wear a suit a few times a month.
Speaking of the la spalla, what do you think of this fit - I'm aware of the poor quality, but I was in a hurry, and am trying to decide whether to take it to the tailor today, or do a different size.
At first glance it looks a size too large, but it's hard to tell from the picture. I recommend you take a new picture with a buttoned up dress shirt and tie. It's ALOT easier to judge a fit that way.
smile.gif
Or even better, take it to the tailor anyway and hear what he has to say first. Likely, his advice will be the best.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics