1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Mahoney320

Mahoney320 Well-Known Member

Did the vest have peak lapels or a shawl collar?

2. Jeroen Vriend

Jeroen Vriend Senior member

Peak lapels, but the vest in Long sizes is to short.

3. jayzus

jayzus New Member

what's the quality of the shirts??

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  4. Turpentine

Turpentine Active Member

So it's accepted wisdom that the Napoli pants are way too slim for most? Good to know, I was about to order a Napoli suit, I guess I'll reconsider...

5. ScottMC

ScottMC Senior member

I think the $79 blue line shirts are a good value. I have 3 of the slim fit/cutaway collar. They have soft interlinings on the cuffs and collar, and a good slim fit. If you must have MOP buttons you could simply have them changed out. I can't find a shirt I like better for $79 with free shipping and returns. I plan to buy more.

6. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Senior member

Personally, I really like mine (the blue line), they have quite a few nice staple colors and for the price range, they do the job. I think the curved cutaway collar is nicely done! Keep in mind I haven't experienced higher end shirts so I have nothing to compare it too. On another note, I should get around to losing the few pounds I gained during my vacations (drank and ate too much good stuff in Portugal), because now it fits a little too snug.

7. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

I still contend that it all depends on your build. I'm also picky about the way my pants fit and move.

8. qinglizi

qinglizi Active Member

[​IMG]

Look at Charles. I know it must be a Saville Row Bespoke, but I truly think it`s very similar to a Soho haha[​IMG]

9. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Senior member

Sometimes I wish Suit Supply made their trousers fuller like this, so they could fit my hefty carcass better!

10. SS 376

SS 376 Well-Known Member

I have 3 of the Napoli suits, all from the 2014 F/W collection. The pants are a bit slim and have a relatively low rise, but they're not uncomfortable or impractical for me. I think the best thing to do is to try them on yourself--it's hard to draw broad conclusions based on idiosyncratic tastes and others' body types.

11. complexstyleblog

complexstyleblog Senior member

Got a Washington and Soho in 38 for sale if anyone's interested.

12. brillopad

brillopad Senior member

Does anyone know if there will be any more outerwear drops? I would love to get one of their merano coats, but not in the aggressive patterns and colors they have now. A simple navy or cream color like these ring jacket overcoats would be great, but they seem to only do them in loud fabrics this season.

On a similar note, does anyone know if their "Bleecker" fit has the same back details as the Merano?

13. qinglizi

qinglizi Active Member

[​IMG]

And me in a Soho jacket hehe~ [​IMG]

14. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

[​IMG]

A SuSu day: suit (Lazio), shirt, tie, and PS

5 people like this.
  15. patliean1

patliean1 Senior member

Photos? Or is it already in the sale section?

16. Turpentine

Turpentine Active Member

a

17. Turpentine

Turpentine Active Member

Alright, will try, the UPS guy is now used to climb the coffins to the third floor of building anyway ;) Plus, I can mix jacket and pants of different sizes for two of the Napoli models, a good thing as the SS drop has been an issue for me.

I notice that in my size (42L), the Napoli sleeves are indicated as being 1cm or 0.4in shorter than on the Havana. Have people noticed that the Napoli tend to have shorter sleeves than other models? I'm slightly worried since I've got long arms and already had to have one of Havana sleeves extended...

18. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Yes. You worry too much. Just order and return.

19. dodd

dodd Member

delete

20. dodd

dodd Member

I'm thinking about buying a Lazio. This looks great. Do you have any or criticisms or general observations with the fit/comfort level?