• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

facet

Reaction score
I like the second one better; the first looks too tight/small to me.

himaroto

Reaction score
Ok thanks.

So I would go with the second one. Does the jacket need some alterations ?
I will shorten the trousers and maybe get the upper part slimmer. Regarding the jacket I am likely to shorten the sleeves, a bit.

But don't know if I need to adjust it too, especially around the (natural) waist.

MrTopCat

Reaction score
Ok thanks.

So I would go with the second one. Does the jacket need some alterations ?
I will shorten the trousers and maybe get the upper part slimmer. Regarding the jacket I am likely to shorten the sleeves, a bit.

But don't know if I need to adjust it too, especially around the (natural) waist.

The second one fits you much better.

I think you could probably get away without shortening the sleeves, but if you prefer them shorter, go for it!

The trousers do need to be hemmed, and it looks like you have enough material for cuffed trousers if you like.

The upper body does look like it needs to be nipped in from the waist.

Other than those minor alterations, I'd have to say it fits you pretty nicely.

You should probably post it in the tailor's fit feedback thread too, just in case we missed something here.

Rincon

Reaction score
@ Hiramoto

I'd honestly go with suit 1.

I'm sure most people on this site would say suit 2 but - in my opinion - Suitsupply makes fashion suits and you should get them as they were meant to be worn: slim and short.

If you were commissioning a Huntsman suit or buying Tom Ford retail I'd say go conservative... but I think Suitsupply should be worn as a trendy suit.

Last edited:

MrTopCat

Reaction score
@ Hiramoto

I'd honestly go with suit 1.

I'm sure most people on this site would say suit 2 but - in my opinion - Suitsupply makes fashion suits and you should get them as they were meant to be worn: slim and short.

If you were commissioning a Huntsman suit or buying Tom Ford retail I'd say go conservative... but I think Suitsupply should be worn as a trendy suit.

I myself prefer slimmer suits, as I am very slim.

However in this case, suit #1 has a lot of fabric pulling. For example, take a look at the pictures of the side view, suit #1 has a 'dent', while suit #2 has a nice smooth curve.

Last edited:

himaroto

Reaction score
Thanks all
for the input.

@Mahoney320

It's the navy plain suit in napoli fit (P2778)
http://eu.suitsupply.com/en_FR/suit...&prefv2=Classique-Napoli&prefv1=Spring/Summer

@MrTopCat
I'm pretty sure I get what you mean but to be sure when you suggest to nip in from the waist you mean the jacket and not the pants, right ?

@Rincon

I get your drift but in that case it will be a pure business suit so I don't really want it to be "trendy" or fashion forward. Just want to get a staple suit.
But as MrTopCat said, I'm rather slim as well with developed upper body and small waist (big drop) ( for reference I'm 5'11" for 156lbs) so I don't want to have something that does not fit me = not enough slim for my build.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dunno, but Napoli pant shown below looks quite skinny while overall cut and shape of sienna seems really nice to me/ pretty moderate. I know clarinet player wears SS but not sure if he has sienna

And that said, himaroto-- have u considered the sienna?
I
i think the lapels are just a touch narrow for me. how wide are the lapels? 8cm?

Last edited:

MrTopCat

Reaction score
Thanks all
for the input.

@Mahoney320

It's the navy plain suit in napoli fit (P2778)
http://eu.suitsupply.com/en_FR/suit...&prefv2=Classique-Napoli&prefv1=Spring/Summer

@MrTopCat
I'm pretty sure I get what you mean but to be sure when you suggest to nip in from the waist you mean the jacket and not the pants, right ?

@Rincon

I get your drift but in that case it will be a pure business suit so I don't really want it to be "trendy" or fashion forward. Just want to get a staple suit.
But as MrTopCat said, I'm rather slim as well with developed upper body and small waist (big drop) ( for reference I'm 5'11" for 156lbs) so I don't want to have something that does not fit me = not enough slim for my build.

Yes I mean the jacket waist. It should have a good amount of waist suppression. Let the tailor pin you with different amounts, and choose the one you think works best for a business suit.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just received Havana tobacco pure linen jacket 38L.
Want to consult with you regarding the fit.
Last time I posted photos while it was Washington 38R, many people said it's too short. However I liked it as it is hence it's still with me.
What do you think regarding this Havana? (IMHO sleeves a bit too long. Maybe should shorten it for about 1/3 in.)

Thanks in advance,

Interesting jacket and colour, do you consider the jacket and colour to be versatile? Tossing up between this and the standard brown one.

himaroto

Reaction score
And that said, himaroto-- have u considered the sienna?

Not considered because they don't offer a simple any suit in that configuration...

By the way what are the differences in terms of fit (not features) ? Slimmer / More relaxed ?

@MrTopCat

Ok thanks !

Nathan84

Reaction score
Interesting jacket and colour, do you consider the jacket and colour to be versatile? Tossing up between this and the standard brown one.
It seems visually more "lightweight" than standard brown. I like this.
Additionally, since it's pure linen you can wear it during hot summer days, and in this case when it's a very bright day tobacco becomes visually almost orange. Here is good example from SS website

Regarding the versatility in my opinion it's similar to standard brown version. If you want to get the most versatile jacket you can - plain blue will be the best option for this purpose. Ask Italians ;)

Last edited:

mispoke

Reaction score
Any thoughts on how Indochino (via Traveling Tailor) compares to Suitsupply MTM? Both are half-canvassed and manufactured in Asia, I believe…but Suitsupply can cost almost 2x as much

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads