1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. facet

facet Senior member

I like the second one better; the first looks too tight/small to me.

2. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

@himaroto - the 2nd one. The 1st one is too short. (that is, unless you are trying to work for suit supply, in which case I woud choose #1.)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  3. himaroto

himaroto Active Member

Ok thanks.

So I would go with the second one. Does the jacket need some alterations ?
    I will shorten the trousers and maybe get the upper part slimmer. Regarding the jacket I am likely to shorten the sleeves, a bit.

But don't know if I need to adjust it too, especially around the (natural) waist.

4. MrTopCat

MrTopCat Senior member

The second one fits you much better.

I think you could probably get away without shortening the sleeves, but if you prefer them shorter, go for it!

The trousers do need to be hemmed, and it looks like you have enough material for cuffed trousers if you like.

The upper body does look like it needs to be nipped in from the waist.

Other than those minor alterations, I'd have to say it fits you pretty nicely.

You should probably post it in the tailor's fit feedback thread too, just in case we missed something here.

5. Mahoney320

Mahoney320 Well-Known Member

Which suit is that himaroto?

6. Rincon

Rincon Senior member

@ Hiramoto

I'd honestly go with suit 1.

I'm sure most people on this site would say suit 2 but - in my opinion - Suitsupply makes fashion suits and you should get them as they were meant to be worn: slim and short.

If you were commissioning a Huntsman suit or buying Tom Ford retail I'd say go conservative... but I think Suitsupply should be worn as a trendy suit.

7. MrTopCat

MrTopCat Senior member

I myself prefer slimmer suits, as I am very slim.

However in this case, suit #1 has a lot of fabric pulling. For example, take a look at the pictures of the side view, suit #1 has a 'dent', while suit #2 has a nice smooth curve.

8. himaroto

himaroto Active Member

Thanks all
    for the input.

@Mahoney320

It's the navy plain suit in napoli fit (P2778)
    http://eu.suitsupply.com/en_FR/suit...&prefv2=Classique-Napoli&prefv1=Spring/Summer

@MrTopCat
    I'm pretty sure I get what you mean but to be sure when you suggest to nip in from the waist you mean the jacket and not the pants, right ?

@Rincon

I get your drift but in that case it will be a pure business suit so I don't really want it to be "trendy" or fashion forward. Just want to get a staple suit.
    But as MrTopCat said, I'm rather slim as well with developed upper body and small waist (big drop) ( for reference I'm 5'11" for 156lbs) so I don't want to have something that does not fit me = not enough slim for my build.

9. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

I dunno, but Napoli pant shown below looks quite skinny while overall cut and shape of sienna seems really nice to me/ pretty moderate. I know clarinet player wears SS but not sure if he has sienna

And that said, himaroto-- have u considered the sienna?
    I

10. MrTopCat

MrTopCat Senior member

Yes I mean the jacket waist. It should have a good amount of waist suppression. Let the tailor pin you with different amounts, and choose the one you think works best for a business suit.

11. kulata

kulata Senior member

@Himaroto #2 and I wouldn't nip the waist. Pants needs a lot of work though.

12. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

Interesting jacket and colour, do you consider the jacket and colour to be versatile? Tossing up between this and the standard brown one.

13. himaroto

himaroto Active Member

Not considered because they don't offer a simple any suit in that configuration...

By the way what are the differences in terms of fit (not features) ? Slimmer / More relaxed ?

@MrTopCat

Ok thanks !

14. Nathan84

Nathan84 Well-Known Member

It seems visually more "lightweight" than standard brown. I like this.
    Additionally, since it's pure linen you can wear it during hot summer days, and in this case when it's a very bright day tobacco becomes visually almost orange. Here is good example from SS website

[​IMG]

Regarding the versatility in my opinion it's similar to standard brown version. If you want to get the most versatile jacket you can - plain blue will be the best option for this purpose. Ask Italians ;)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  15. mispoke

mispoke Well-Known Member

Any thoughts on how Indochino (via Traveling Tailor) compares to Suitsupply MTM? Both are half-canvassed and manufactured in Asia, I believeā€¦but Suitsupply can cost almost 2x as much