Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. mispoke

mispoke Well-Known Member

Thanks—looking forward to the other posts.

Are there other customizations included in the MTM price point? If so, what are they? I imagine choice of liner fabric, but how much more creative could you get? Inscriptions?

In other words, is the markup from the OTR simply to account for a custom fit, all other things being equal? Or is there something else that adds even more value, beyond simply getting a custom fit?

2. TimNguyen

TimNguyen Well-Known Member

Every customization option is included in the price which was nice (That was one of the first things I asked about). I'll give you a quick rundown of what is possible.

- Liner - 14 character monogram
    - fabric under the collar. Including 8 characters for monogram
    - Lapels width and type, pocket types, ticket pockets,

all in all its about 20 different options iirc.

3. MrTopCat

MrTopCat Senior member

Sounds interesting.

I'll have to save up a bunch of money, and then purchase myself a MTM Super 130s Washington fit-type suit in solid navy. (At least once, to see if it's worth it)

It would have to also be a three-piece, and I'm thinking a single-breasted waistcoat is the best option, since the Washington is already quite fashion-forward. Though a double-breasted waistcoat could be interesting on a slightly more casual suit.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014

4. TimNguyen

Now that you mention it, I actually forgot to ask how much it was to get a 3 piece over the 2.

5. MrTopCat

MrTopCat Senior member

I emailed them a while back and asked, this was their reply:

"If you went for made to measure you could have a waistcoat added for an additional $200.00."

The price of the waistcoat also depends on the fabric too (I asked this in-store), but I think $200 is the base price.

6. TimNguyen

Ahh thanks for that. I'll go in and look at the pricing again when I pick up my suit and add it into the posts.

7. MrTopCat

MrTopCat Senior member

No problem, and thank you for the great review, made me want to try it for myself!

I'm 5'7 and have the same problem that the jackets are too long, but the size 34 suit seems to fit me better over the size 32.

I did shorten one suit jacket, and while I don't think it looks that bad, I'd prefer it if the balance was as intended, plus the optional waistcoat and selection of fabrics is pretty nice to have.

8. TimNguyen

Thank you very much. I had a lot of fun during the whole process of designing the blog. Its built on wordpress and from scratch mostly. Didnt use a template.

I shortened the jacket 1.5 inches on my Lazio and while normal people can't really tell, I can. So I feel less confident in it.

9. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

I may be wrong, but isn't the MTM based on the Napoli model? Or are they letting you do other models as well?

10. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

I tried that blue on on in the store. I thought the yellow in the plaid pattern was pretty noticeable. I generally liked it, but didn't buy because I have another jacket with a blue windowpane pattern.

11. MrTopCat

MrTopCat Senior member

They also do MTM coats and shirts, I wonder how those are like.

The options for shirts sounds pretty much straight forward, but I wonder how the options on the coats are.

I would love to have something in navy or camel, whether it's double or single breasted, with wide peak lapels, polo coat style pockets, 5 working cuff buttons, and a half-belt at the back.

Also, it looks like they've updated the tailoring section of their website, it is now much more descriptive than before.

12. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

They recently switched MtM companies, so you have much more freedom now, but the only way to know for sure is to send them an email.

13. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

This pic illustrates why I like the sienna so much, and recommend it often to others. Very nice, man!

14. sliq

sliq Senior member

i think the lapels are just a touch narrow for me. how wide are the lapels? 8cm?

15. himaroto

himaroto Active Member

Hey, need some advice on which one to keep (2 different sizes). No alterations have been made. Thank you!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

************************************************************************************************************************************************

And
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]