1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. throw4five

throw4five Member

Appreciate the insight sliq, I emailed customer service around the same time I asked you guys; below is their reply:

Thank you for contacting SuitSupply.

Each season we introduce one or two new “Washington blue plain suits”

- P3433i (paired with solid red tie model) – was introduced for our Fall 2012 season material on garment is a navy and light blue weave which gives the illusion of a standard flat blue color

- P3691i (paired with striped red tie) – was introduced for our Fall 2013 season material in garment is a natural wool, with a bit more weight because of the introduction season may not be suitable for warmer climates

- P3484i (paired with brown/green tie) – was introduced for the Spring/Summer 2014 season S110’s wool is lighter weight and is suitable for warmer climates can be considered an all year round garment.

Our Washington fit features a peaked lapel, 2.5 button stances, higher rise pants, longer length jacket and sleeve, gentlemen that typically purchase a length size in our other garment may opt for a regular size in this fit. The jackets are half canvassed and fully lined unless otherwise specified.

The Washington fit is featured in our Purple line fits because it is considered a modern classic, and offered in more luxurious fabrics.

Looks like your assessment is in line with the corporate response, guess I'll go for the all-season S110. Super stoked to finally be able to make an informed purchase! ...now I just gotta get the size right...

2. JBG89

JBG89 Senior Member

If anyone is looking to unload a 36/38 suit please let me know!

3. GradSchooler

GradSchooler Senior Member

Which Washington is that?

4. MrTopCat

MrTopCat Senior Member

Washington Light Blue Stripe P353402

[​IMG]
    In person it looks much more grey than blue, but when you place it next to something that is actually grey, you can see the difference.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014

5. tommygoodkin

tommygoodkin Well-Known Member

Do you have any pics of you with the full suit? I was thinking about purchasing that Washington but I thought it might be too loud in person.

6. CaptainLester

CaptainLester New Member

Hey all, first post.

I'm thinking of buying my first nice suit (I'm 23), fresh graduated. This will probably be worn once a month, at pretty formal night events. I'm trying to decide between the Napoli and the sienna. My question is whether or not the sienna is more 'dressy' than the Napoli, as I won't be wearing the suit that often. I don't really mind the price increase to the sienna if it will be a more formal suit.

Thanks for the help.

7. MrTopCat

MrTopCat Senior Member

This picture might help, but I'll see if I can take a better one the next time I wear it.

[​IMG]

In my opinion, the stripes aren't very bold or loud, from a distance you can't even see them that clearly.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014

8. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Distinguished Member

I can't hear the stripes over the tie. :)

9. Nathan84

Nathan84 Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

Just received Havana tobacco pure linen jacket 38L.
    Want to consult with you regarding the fit.
    Last time I posted photos while it was Washington 38R, many people said it's too short. However I liked it as it is hence it's still with me.
    What do you think regarding this Havana? (IMHO sleeves a bit too long. Maybe should shorten it for about 1/3 in.)

Thanks in advance,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Distinguished Member

I really like this jacket. IMHO this is one of Suit Supply's win this season. I really like the color. Furthermore, it seems to fit you well. Regarding the length, I am inclined to say that it looks fine, especially since it's a sport coat, where shorter can be tolerated.

11. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Distinguished Member

^^ well it looks a little long simply because the rise on your pants is pretty short. So that means the length is probably pretty good, regularly speaking

12. MrTopCat

MrTopCat Senior Member

I think it looks slightly long because of the closed quarters. If they were more open, the length would look fine.

13. Nathan84

Nathan84 Well-Known Member

Thanks for your quick replies. Seems that you are right regarding the quarters and pants rise. But what can I do with quarters?

14. JHT652

JHT652 Senior Member

Looking for a bit of advice... I'm going to purchase 2 x suitsupply suits over the next few months.

One suit will be a plain navy napoli (probably) that I intend to wear at my own wedding. The second suit I plan on wearing as a guest at two different weddings in the summer, and also for other social events etc throughout the year.

I don't need to wear suits for work so I'm not really looking for a charcoal suit. Would appreciate some advice on what would be a good, versatile "second" suit.

15. JezeC

JezeC Distinguished Member

SS doesn't carry hopsack-like material jackets right? Looking for a navy jacket with some texture for S/S