Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. dreamspace

dreamspace Senior member

Napoli seems to be their "staple" line right now, but of course it's the one line I don't fit.

Washington, York/London and Lazio in staple/solid colors and normal worsted wool would be great.

2. MrTopCat

MrTopCat Senior member

I'd love to see some more Washingtons in solid colours, perhaps a few 3-piece Washingtons too.

Their Washington line seems pretty limited at the moment, even the ones that are available are usually out of my size (34).

3. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Just glancing, you look a little crammed in the 46. If you plan to lose more weight, perhaps it is better to wait until maybe the first of June? That still gives you time to lose the extra pounds, and also time to run it to a tailor for nips and tucks.

4. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Senior member

You mean I look really crammed in the 46R. I already returned the 46R and will get the 48R nip/tucked maybe 1 month before my wedding date! Thank you for the feedback! [​IMG]

5. Ergudmun

Ergudmun Active Member

[​IMG]

Posted it a couple of weeks ago on my blog. Thought I'd share it here.

I find the Jort to be a very good fit and very good quality for the pricepoint. It is more expensive than normal SS, but it is worth it if you fit off the rack.

Suitsupply Jort Jacket
    Suitsupply trousers

6. facet

facet Senior member

Wow, that looks very nice, Ergudmun.

7. Unregistered

Unregistered Senior member

Colour is washed out from the office fluorescent lights, but here is the dark green washington with a Sam Hober grenadine tie.

[​IMG]

8. matt99

matt99 New Member

Ordered first SS suit, blue napoli in a 52r.

Ignored their size advisor which recommended a 48r as measurements seemed stupid. Here are results, I'm happy with the way it looks from the front but are the back ripples a dealbreaker? Obviously pants are unfinished, but they're a bit more tapered than I would normally wear. Apologies for crappy photos, something wrong with phone's camera.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. throw4five

throw4five Member

Greetings, I've been lurking for a few months as I try to learn about my newly found appreciation for suits. After investing about 100 hours looking at different suits online, I decided to go to the suitsupply store in DC to try on a few different cuts. I've decided to go with the Washington cut and want to order online but I've hit a bit of a speed bump: there are 3 suits on the SS website which are called "Blue Plain Washington". The only difference in the written details (aside from the similarly-structured descriptions) seems to be the origins of the wool used; two are from Vitale Barberis Canonico while the third is from Ormezzano. Same price point, same "purple line".

When I zoom in on the pictures there does seem to be a difference of how the wool looks up close, but I've also read on this very thread that the pictures on the website aren't entirely representative of the actual look. Are these suits identical (save for the different mill)? Or do you guys think they differ from one another? I'm looking for a "staple" navy suit as I begin to build my suit collection; I'm not sure which Blue Plain Washington I should purchase.

Thanks!

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/washington-blue-plain/P3433I.html
    [​IMG]

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/washington-blue-plain/P3484I.html
    [​IMG]

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/washington-blue-plain/P3691I.html
    [​IMG]

10. sliq

sliq Senior member

throw4five; besides the textures and shades of navy being different, yes, they are all the same. there is also the washington half which is only half lined and comes with patch pockets, but they do not apply to any of the above.

i suggest you get the second one. the third suit is only suited for autumn winter. i can't see the first suit because the link doesn't work for me; but the second suit would be a safe bet, it being an all season suit and can be worn for any occasion.

11. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery Senior member

Which trousers are these? Are they the Jort trousers too?

Lovely look, btw.

12. Jeroen Vriend

Jeroen Vriend Senior member

These trousers have ben removed from the webstore. Maybe you can try to email the customer service if they have one left offline.

The trousers came uncuffed so you need to order a long size and cuff them yourself.

Productcode; B304

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014

13. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

Are the back side ripples caused by the way you are standing? Perhaps, take another picture in a more relaxed, natural pose. Are the vents sewn? If so, that might prevent the coat from laying smoothly on your back. Of course, taking the coat to a good tailor is the thing to do. An honest tailor will tell you if the coat is workable or not.

14. facet

facet Senior member

Are you referring to the ripples under the collar? If I remember correctly, that's fixable by lowering the collar at the back (seems to remove the excess material); but it'd be best to ask a tailor or post in the Tailors' feedback thread.

15. MrTopCat

MrTopCat Senior member

Wearing my one and only Washington, can't wait until I'm able to purchase more!

[​IMG]