Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Jmm722

Jmm722 Senior member

Maybe people were referring to the fact that half-canvass are still partially fused.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014

2. MacGuffen

MacGuffen Senior member

Then it seems to me that the cheapest napolis are pretty amazing deals. I don't know if anyone has any experience with the blue Napoli, but it seems like it could pass for a navy. I see so many blue suits pass off as navy anyway.

3. MacGuffen

MacGuffen Senior member

So, uh, I found a website that sells la spalla for £299. Is it a scam? Seems too good to be true.

Edit, it's actually on sale for £249 right now...

http://inthestyleof.com/product/la-spalla-blue-plain-suit/

The whole site seems fake if one looks at the FAQ and returns. Apparently I'm supposed to return items to Apple Inc in Cupertino! :laugh:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014

4. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery Senior member

You should link it so I can investigate this further, and make sure you don't get scammed.

5. MacGuffen

MacGuffen Senior member

Haha, yes I was careful not to link while I still thought it was real.

6. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery Senior member

Dammit so its fake :(

7. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

They have the exact same odd sizes for every suit. It seems fake to me. Some of the suits also have "copy" in the description.

8. MacGuffen

MacGuffen Senior member

Not to mention the FAQ filled with nonsensical Lorem Ipsum.

Now that I have your attention, can the sleeves be lengthened on suitsupply suits? Most of them seem too short for my size.

Also:
    Napoli / York --> Sienna... Worth it?

Sienna --> La Spalla... Worth it?

I'd only be wearing it a 3-4 times per year.

9. coldsalmon

coldsalmon Senior member

In all of my Suitsupply jackets, there is stitching running vertically through the breast pocket. Does anyone know whether this is meant to be removed when the pocket is opened, or if it is part of the front darts and should be left intact? I have always assumed that it is the front darts stitched through the breast pocket, but I don't know whether that is true or not. None of my other jackets have ever had this vertical stitching, and it makes it very difficult to use a pocket square.

10. coldsalmon

coldsalmon Senior member

Once you increase the price to Sienna/La Spalla levels, other suiting companies become more competitive. I decided to get my "good" suits from Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole, and my "everyday" suits from Suitsupply. There isn't a lot of quality competition at the Napoli price point, but that changes quickly as you get more expensive. I would think it comes down to style preference; I liked Paul Stuart better than the SS LaSpalla at the ~$1,000 price point, and the Sienna has those ridiculous (to my eye) hacking pockets. If you like the pockets on the Sienna, go for it.

If you're only getting one suit, and you're only going to be wearing it 3-4 times per year, you might as well get the best suit you can afford because you're not going to wear it out. Try on the best suits you can possibly afford at different retailers, so that you can see the difference.

The sleeves can be lengthened 3/4".

11. Aulis

Aulis Member

As stated here, I am also under the impression that they got a better deal on the fabric (likely bought much more than previously). I have the navy and it is half canvassed but the blue line should be that as well.

12. TimNguyen

TimNguyen Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever used SuitSupply's Made to Measure program? I am thinking about buying the Sienna but at $639 + the tailoring I need done to it it will cost me roughtly $850 so I am wondering if just getting the MTM would be more cost efficient. I am in no major rush. Just gotta have the suit by the end of May for a wedding.

I am just curious how much a SS MTM with 130s cost (full canvas)

13. oranges

oranges Member

I was measured in-store on February 8. The suit isn't expected to arrive until April 1, at which point I will go back for more minor adjustments. Don't wait too long if you decide to do their MTM.

I didn't do the full canvas MTM so I can't tell you the price on that.

14. TimNguyen

double post ~~~

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014

15. TimNguyen

Which fabric did you choose and how much was the total? From what I saw the full canvas mtm is a shorter lead time as well.