Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. jjzara

jjzara Member

^Actually, jacket length is pretty much spot-on. Let out the sleeves a centimeter or so (half an inch) and it's pretty much a perfect-fitting SC.

@mobilenemo: the 38 Sienna looks like the best option. You can let out the seat an inch or so if it feels too constricted, but otherwise it looks good. The jacket is definitely the best-fitting one to my eye. Both 40S jackets look a tad wide in the shoulders.

2. coldsalmon

coldsalmon Senior member

The thing about Suitsupply is that they have no sales. This is one reason why I like them. If you are willing to wait for a sale, you can pick up good suits from other retailers at around this price or cheaper. I got a fully canvassed suit from Paul Stuart for about $750 during a sale (featured in last week's Friday Challenge).

3. JSDNJ

JSDNJ Well-Known Member

How do the fits compare?

I am trying to decide which fits to go for when I go to the NYC store in the next few weeks.

4. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

I think I like the 38 Napoli and 40 Sienna better. But I am tired and pissed at my day so take that into account.

5. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

For that price maybe you could find some RFBL or Canali on Ebay? Might be older year models though. Dunno.

Better fit than your Wangs?

6. mobilenemo

mobilenemo Member

Napoli 38S vs Sienna 38S. the fits are pretty close with the Sienna being more tapered.

Jacket: The sienna felt snugger in the shoulders, more narrow. The Sienna has a more tapered waist as well.

Pants: The sienna butt and thigh has just slightly more room than the Napoli.

7. mobilenemo

mobilenemo Member

Thanks for the input donuts.

8. mobilenemo

mobilenemo Member

Thanks jjzara. I agree the 40S napoli is wide both the jacket and pants. The 40S sienna is more tailored off the bat and the pants fit better, not as baggy.

9. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

Just for my two cents, the ideal fit, from what I can see from your pictures, would be the shoulders of the 38 Napoli and the mid waist of the 40 Napoli. The shoulders of the 40 Napoli are too big. A tailor could advise you if there is enough material to let out the mid section of the size 38. SS is notorious for not providing extra fabric for alterations. I think both Siennas are very tight around the middle and are not flattering.

Trousers can be altered rather easily to remove any bagginess etc...

Good luck!

10. jjzara

jjzara Member

For €700 you could get a Corneliani on sale/at an outlet, at least here in Italy.

11. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was my first SS suit--a Washington. After I purchased it, I had a real case of "buyer's remorse"--thinking that the peaked lapels and the ticket pocket were just "too much". And that it was shorter than any coat I own. After wearing it for the past 4 months, I've come to like it and feel comfortable wearing it. So much so, that I would consider buying another Washington.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014

12. steffenbp11

steffenbp11 Senior member

CP, I had the exact same experience. Now my Washington is probably the suit in my rotation that sees most action, and I would not hesitate too buy another one. If it were january I would get the light grey flannel on offer, but I can´t really justify buying more suits at the moment. Especially not for next season

13. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

Of all of them, I like the Napoli 38S.

Perhaps you can let out the seat and waist of the trousers to ease the snugness provided that they have enough material.

Have you tried on the Lazio and La Spalla?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014

14. MrTopCat

MrTopCat Senior member

Personally I think there is nothing wrong with peaked lapels at all, I wear them anywhere I'd wear notched lapels. Most people don't even actively realise you are wearing them, and even if they do, it's more interesting to look at than notched lapels, especially the peaked lapels on the Washington suits.

SuitSupply does peaked lapels EXACTLY the way I like them.

It would be nice however, if there was double-breasted version of the Washington suit. The Soho is very nice, but I'd like flap pockets, possibly a ticket pocket, and the nice, long peaked lapels.

15. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Thanks for all the input guys! Unfortunately most Italian brands such as corneliani don't fit me, the trousers are too slim in the thighs. This is a problem some suitsupply suits have as well.