1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. SFA

SFA Senior Member

Unfortunately. I'm getting the SS store to make the alterations. So it is too late for that. But I was assured by the sales associate that they will feel better after the waist is let out. It might be because this is my first slim fitting suit and I'm used to drastically looser fits.

Hopefully it all goes well as the jacket for great and the hang up was only with the slimness of the pants.

2. ACMAR

ACMAR Member

Good luck! FWIW, I started on a slimmer suit journey over the last year, and slimmer clothes in general. Between losing 20 pounds and the desire for a slimmer fit, I went 2 suit sizes down in SS from 40 to 36. At first, I found that slimmer clothes just felt weird - having all that contact! But now I have gotten used to it and prefer it. I have a fairly conservative job and am not in my 20s, so I am not talking tight like many of the SS models. Just fitted.

I have 3 Napolis and 1 Sienna. They both fit similarly on me (shoulders being the most obvious visual difference) and luckily need only minimal alterations. I have found the trick with the Sienna pants is that I need to wear them a little higher than the Napolis. If I wear the Sienna too low, the pants feel too tight. Pull them up an inch and they fit perfectly. Experiment and see.

3. Aulis

Aulis Member

Would you be able to describe the difference of the Sienna and Napoli qualitywise? Have a couple of Napolis and plan to still go for a Sienna for looser pants.

4. ACMAR

ACMAR Member

I find the fabric quality to be higher than 2 of my Napolis, and around the same as the 3rd which seems to have used a higher quality than usual . The lining is a bit more fancy and you have the other bells and whistles mentioned on the SS site. But construction quality seems on par to me. Does that help?

5. Aulis

Aulis Member

Sure, thanks a lot! Plan a visit to their store in Dü and the outlet on the Dutch side, prior information certainly valuable.

6. mispoke

mispoke Well-Known Member

What price point does SS made-to-measure start at?

Would you rather: ~$900 SuitSupply M2M OR ~$1200 true bespoke from local tailor?

Also––are SuitSupply M2M full canvas, or still only half?

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014

7. GloStiX

GloStiX Senior Member

5'7" 125lb.
    36" chest
    29" waist

Ordered Washington in 32R. Will post pics after I receive it.

Can anyone give me an estimate of how much tailoring might cost? I'm scared the cost of tailoring will be half the suit.
    -take in jacket waist
    -shorten jacket 1"
    -lengthen sleeves 1"
    -add 1 buttonhole each arm
    -taper pant legs (going for that "meggings" look ;) )
    -hem pants

8. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery Senior Member

[​IMG]

Nah but for real post up pics, my bro is roughly the same dimensions as you.

9. EEWithoutStyle

EEWithoutStyle Senior Member

Doubt you'll be able to get 1" on the sleeves (I have same problem of being tall and skinny). Most I got out of my 34R was ~3/4". I had SS alter sleeve length, let out trousers, and adjust the hem. It was roughly $150 from what I remember.

10. MrTopCat

MrTopCat Senior Member

I'm 5'7 110lb
    34" chest
    28" waist

The 32R was too tight on me, so I went with the 34R, only needed 2 alterations (Shortening jacket/hemming pants).

That amount of alterations will cost a lot, you're probably better off getting made-to-measure from SS as it will be around the same total price.

11. Feynman

Feynman Member

I'm a bit lost here. The first two pics are a Lazio 40L, the other two are a 40R. I like how the 40L looks from the front, but there seems to be far too much fabric in the back making it wrinkle and drape unnaturally. The 40R looks much better in that respect, and it feels great, but those sleeves look hopelessly short. I'm tempted to add another button to add an inch to the sleeves, but I'm not sure that would be adequate. Any suggestions?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Jeroen Vriend

Jeroen Vriend Senior Member

Shirt sleeves are also to long.
    The 40L is to long in the back.

Adding another button looks terrible. you get two different buttonholes.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014

13. abrovink

abrovink New Member

The sleeves on the Trento fit are really short which might not work out great if you intend to wear a jacket under.

14. rzed

rzed Member

So I'm thinking I might have to go into L sizes on suitsupply. I have a jacket in 50R, but the sleeves are about an inch short, and its also slightly tight in the chest. Im 187cm and it think I will try 102L next time. I guess I'm asking how it went for any of you guys if you decided to try the L sizes. Whats your chest size / length and did it fit better? Worse?

They don't have any jackets I like in 102L right now.

15. Bexcellence

Bexcellence Senior Member

whats the sleeve length on a 15 1/2 L shirt?