Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Jmm722

Jmm722 Senior member

I am going to check out their store next week. I doubt that OTR will fit because the drop isn't enough (then again, no one really makes suits for muscular builds), but it's worth a shot.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014

2. blue2007

blue2007 Senior member

Yeah, the pad seems to overhang a bit. Maybe cause it's a structured jacket also.

3. Danleyness

Danleyness Active Member

I used to be fine with ultra-slim fits if I could find them with long enough arms, since I only had a 6" drop (I was 6'6" with a 38" chest, which was not attractive at all), but then I started working out, and now I'm starting to have the same difficulty as you (10" drop, and trying to increase it).

4. mistavo

mistavo New Member

Trying on my first suit from suitsupply (Lazio) and I noticed that the sleeve on this suit is a bit short. What do you guys think? Too short? just right? Should I return it?

Suit: Lazio
    Size: 36S
    Height: 5ft 8inches

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

don't mind the extra slacks in the pants. I ruptured my acl doing crossfit so I couldn't straighten my knee just yet.

Thanks for the advices

5. Evolve

Evolve Senior member

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014

6. EEWithoutStyle

EEWithoutStyle Senior member

Haha little off topic but I just watched that entire documentary yesterday.

7. Evolve

Evolve Senior member

A great watch for anyone interested in weightlifting/old school bodybuilding. I got the DVD on amazon for like 6 bucks.

Back on topic, mistavo, those sleeves are short, but not egregiously so. If they can be let out by .25 to .5", you should be fine.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014

8. Aulis

Aulis Member

Yep, I agree. What stroke my eye more, though, is that the shoulders look too wide.

9. jimanchower

jimanchower Senior member

Yep, and the jacket collar seems to be pushing out from the shirt collar, although it's hard to tell the way the picture is cropped.

10. Aulis

Aulis Member

In that case mistavo should probably go for a return. Shoulders, collar gap and lengthening the sleeve with working buttonholes are expensive alterations.

11. Terpo

Terpo Senior member

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014

12. SFA

SFA Senior member

Hi Guys. So here is my first attempt at suitsupply, at I'm pleasently suprised. My problem with OTR (and even the M2M option I went with) are the length of my suits being too long and shoulder width as my shoulders are not very big.

This is the Napoli 40S. I bought the 40R in the same suit and I feel that it is too long, but the length of the short seems more appropriate.

I understand the shirt collar makes things a little off and I can't really tell if the shoulder fits on this. But what do you guys think overall?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

@ Terpo

Both of those look like they are hanging off your shoulders to me. Try a size down and see how they fit. Taking in the sides of a jacket to narrow the chest or waist is not too complex but when you have those vertical folds at the back of your shoulders it probably means an expensive alteration.

@ SFA

Not the clearest of pics but looks decent for OTR.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014

14. Terpo

Terpo Senior member

Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately, this is already 94 and 90 seems sold out completely, so no chance of sizing down.

15. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

I think this looks like a pretty good start. Maybe a little nip through the body to give it more shape. Length - does it cover your arse?
    For both of these a tailor should be able to clean up the "back chest" measurement to remove the access fabric behind your armpits and tighten up the chest a little. I don't feel like the shoulders look too wide, at least from the front picture. Maybe run it by a local tailor. What did the Tailor thread say?