Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. billabong

billabong Member

SS outlet in EU also closed

2. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Ditto for me. I guess it is because turnups/cuffs are worn less in Europe.D

Stacking extra dollar bills on the price does not mean extra fabric is stacked on the shirt. A $39 oxford from Kohl's will be thicker than a $400 poplin from Gucci. Snark aside, are they the same type of fabric? Poplin is thinner than pinpoint for example.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014

3. monkeynuts

monkeynuts Well-Known Member

wasn't EU SS Outlet closed for some time?

everytime i tried to access it, it took me to the US "outlet is closed" page

4. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Thanks for the insightful information on the Jort fit gentlemen. :)

5. 99percent

99percent Member

What do you mean by "EU"? I know of several outlets in the Netherlands and that's all. Did they close all of their Dutch outlets or what?

Cheers,
    Adrian

6. steffenbp11

steffenbp11 Senior member

I think he is refering to the online outlet. It was open at the end of last year. They only shipped within the Netherlands though.

7. 99percent

99percent Member

Thank you, Steffen. I was not even aware that there was an online outlet. Thought it was part of their policy to not discount anything online and just let people come to their physical outlets in the Netherlands. Makes sense to avoid the typical sales-craze and people waiting for the sales to buy anything. Interesting thing about this online outlet. It might be irrelevant now but how was it done - could you see the products on sale/clearance only on the Dutch website?

Cheers.

8. HuskyDandy

HuskyDandy Active Member

SS experts please assist! January 2014 issue of (American ) Esquire magazine...page 44...there is a grey SS suit that I want--the one with purple windopane. I searched the site high and low and could not find it. Any clue as to where i can get this in a 48 reg? Thanks!

9. steffenbp11

Yes, you could only see the outlet items on the dutch website. Plus you needed a code.. They did the same thing in the US. A lot of people from SF went on wild buying sprees :)

10. Kyle Rogers

Kyle Rogers Member

This is actually a herringbone weave. It is thinner than any poplin shirt I've ever owned. When I put this shirt on, I felt like I was going to rip in. Then I looked in the mirror and it was totally transparent.

All my other suitsupply shirts are very thick feeling, very soft, luxurious fabric. They hold their shape really well. Drape perfectly. Easy to get the wrinkles out. The curved cutaway collar is hands done the nicest collars any any shirts I've ever owned. They come out of the washing machine still looking perfect with their original shape. The fabrics are similar to the premium stuff Banana Republic sells, only way better fitting, (Even BR's new "slim fit" are baggy as hell).

11. steffenbp11

I know I might sound like a broken record, but Suitsupplys shirts are nowhere near of the same quality as their suits and outerwear.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014

12. chocsosa

chocsosa Senior member

and funny enough, their one of the few shirt makers that make the arm length long enough for my monkey arms and a collar with wide/long enough points at an affordable price point RTW wise. You know of any out there that offers both those situations around the same price point steffenbp and I will be eternally thankful!

13. 99percent

99percent Member

Steffen, and why do you see them as inferior? I believe their Suit Up line of shirts (EUR 99) uses Thomas Mason fabrics and has MOP buttons sewn in with a crow's foot stitch. Is it the stitch density that is insufficient? There's no single-needle stitching? What features are you looking for that SuitSupply does not offer in their shirts? I never bought their shirt but was considering ordering from their website since they seem to be fair-priced considering the fabrics they use.

14. BenMurphy

BenMurphy Well-Known Member

I think i saw that suit in the ny soho store the other day, it seemed identical to the grey lazio with a red windowpane from this fall, and was right next to it on the rack, but i remember that that suit (red windowpane) had 20 or 40% polyamide. A lot of whats in stores right now is not on the website (apparently once a suit is shipped out to stores and they have none left in their warehouse they take it off line, but you can still purchase or order it from a store).

15. ryanohare

ryanohare Senior member

Couldn't agree with you more.

One wash and they're fucked.