• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Silhouette

Reaction score
My shoulders are bigger than most people at 5'10. So I'm stuck with only the Napoli. Wish I could try the others!

Mind if I ask what your shoulders measure? And what you commonly choose to alter through tailoring? (If your suits don't fit off the rack).

MMoon24

Reaction score
Mind if I ask what your shoulders measure? And what you commonly choose to alter through tailoring? (If your suits don't fit off the rack).

Sure! I strength train and play basketball, so my shoulders are bigger, while my body is still lean for the most part. SS usually recommends you size down one, but it doesn't work for me.

Shoulders are 19'' exact. Generally when I get the Napoli tailored, I take a bit off the sleeve length, hem the pants along with taking in the waist area.

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sure! I strength train and play basketball, so my shoulders are bigger, while my body is still lean for the most part. SS usually recommends you size down one, but it doesn't work for me.

Shoulders are 19'' exact. Generally when I get the Napoli tailored, I take a bit off the sleeve length, hem the pants along with taking in the waist area.
I'm also 5'10 with 19 inch shoulder measurement and the 52 la Spalla fit was spot on when I tried it.

Last edited:

Wess

Reaction score

isn't the jort identical to the la spalla, which is available in the usa?

There seems to be quite a bit of misconceptions about the Jort/La Spalla on here. What the model La Spalla is called now used to be called "Jort". The "old" Jort has been renamed to La Spalla, so what is called Jort now could be introduced as a complete separate collection (including shirts, outerwear, trousers etc.)

The NEW Jort (line) suits and the La Spalla are similar in the quality of wool and fit (afaik), but the features are slightly different. New Jort has patch pockets, cuffs, no belt loops and are 2 button. La Spalla has flap pockets, no cuffs, belt loops and are 2.5 button.

Last edited:

steffenbp11

Reaction score

There seems to be quite a bit of misconceptions about the Jort/La Spalla on here. What the model La Spalla is called now used to be called "Jort". The "old" Jort has been renamed to La Spalla, so what is called Jort now could be introduced as a complete separate collection (including shirts, outerwear, trousers etc.)

The NEW Jort (line) suits and the La Spalla are similar in the quality of wool and fit (afaik), but the features are slightly different. New Jort has patch pockets, cuffs, no belt loops and are 2 button. La Spalla has flap pockets, no cuffs, belt loops and are 2.5 button.

Well, this isn't quite true. Jort is a whole new line of SS stuff from suits to suspenders. The quality and price is higher than their other lines. The single breasted Jort suits are 2,5 buttton just like the la spalla but without flaps and belt loops.

Wess

Reaction score

Well, this isn't quite true. Jort is a whole new line of SS stuff from suits to suspenders. The quality and price is higher than their other lines. The single breasted Jort suits are 2,5 buttton just like the la spalla but without flaps and belt loops.

...that's exactly what I said. It's a complete separate collection including multiple other items. Prices are identical in Europe (€699, except for the 3-piece, obviously), and the cloths used are very comparable. Actually, La Spalla is made of S150s cloth, and the new Jort suits are S140.

They feel very similar on the body. Similar wool, same shoulders, save (full-) canvassing, same higher waistband.

Last edited:

steffenbp11

Reaction score
Sorry if I misread your post. Anyway, there are more Jort cuts than la Spalla cuts ( only the one if i remember correctly) But qualitywise they are probably more or less on par. I love my Jort for what it's worth :)

Wess

Reaction score

Sorry if I misread your post. Anyway, there are more Jort cuts than la Spalla cuts ( only the one if i remember correctly) But qualitywise they are probably more or less on par. I love my Jort for what it's worth :)

No problem. They are great bang for the buck suits. A part of the misconception (which I forgot to mention) is that many (what we now call) La Spalla suits are still hanging in stores as (old) Jort suits, even with a hanger saying "Jort". Doesn't make it much easier!

Last edited:

MMoon24

Reaction score
Found a lovely coffin waiting for me when I got home. Possible concern with the upper back or does it just need to be smoothed out? Sleeves will need to be shortened a bit as expected.

Last edited:

Kyle Rogers

Reaction score
I got two more Suit Supply shirts in the mail today. I already had two of the $79 ones and they are very premium. The fabric is nice and thick. I have one of the $129 Cottonificio Albini sport shirts that I really like. Today I got one of the $99 Turkish Soktas shirts, it was very nice. But I also got a $129 Cottonificio Albini pink dress shirt and it is shockingly thin. When I put it on, it basically becomes completely transparent. I'm afraid I'll rip it if I actually wore it. It is the first thing from suitsupply i didn't like. I plan to send it back.

I usually associate high end dress shirts with nice thick fabric. Is it normal for a shirt like this to be so thin. It is literally the thinnest dress shirt I have ever felt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads