• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unregistered

Reaction score
Are you gents wearing the same size Lazio as you are in Washington? How do the fits compare?

My 40R Washingtons are almost perfect, and some Lazio fabrics are really catching my eye!

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are you gents wearing the same size Lazio as you are in Washington? How do the fits compare?

My 40R Washingtons are almost perfect, and some Lazio fabrics are really catching my eye!

I wear a 40S in a Washington, Lazio, Napoli, and Havana.

steffenbp11

Reaction score
Like Cp I take the same size across the board in Havana, Lazio, Sienna, Jort and Washington. Interesting article btw. Having just purchased a Jort/la Spalla I can only agree the Suitsupplys fully canvassed option is fantastic value even at twice the rate of he standard suits ( which are also great)

Bexcellence

Reaction score
How long does a refund typically take once they've recieved your items at the warehouse?

Wess

Reaction score

Washington is the slimmest fit, and the Lazio isn't far off.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

How long does a refund typically take once they've recieved your items at the warehouse?

My last return took about 3 business days. YMMV

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone tried a Casablanca jacket and care to comment on the fit? From the measurements on the site, it strikes me as somewhat slimmer all round than, say, the Havana or Soho. I'm thinking about sizing up (or ordering both sizes and returning one, which I find a hassle), but would appreciate comment from anyone with direct experience. Thanks!

Wess

Reaction score

Anyone tried a Casablanca jacket and care to comment on the fit? From the measurements on the site, it strikes me as somewhat slimmer all round than, say, the Havana or Soho. I'm thinking about sizing up (or ordering both sizes and returning one, which I find a hassle), but would appreciate comment from anyone with direct experience. Thanks!

While the two you mentioned are slim, the Casablanca is indeed even slimmer. On top of that, they are often also made with fabrics that are less giving than wool, so sizing up probably is needed.

Last edited:

azumi

Reaction score
Euro small sizing works on a drop 4 not a drop 6. So basically you get the next size up in pants, and there is slightly less drop.

It's great for those of us who are short - the sleeve lengths work well - and you get enough thigh allowance. Bringing in the waist is easy enough.
Well, these measurements I mentioned is taken from Washington and Soho sport coats measurement dimensions, so I think those waist dimensions are waist coat, not waist pan.

That's why I'm very confused why the chest and waist dimensions of the 46R (EU size) and 23 (I presume that size 23 is similar to 46S) are so different.

PapaRubbery

Reaction score
Well, these measurements I mentioned is taken from Washington and Soho sport coats measurement dimensions, so I think those waist dimensions are waist coat, not waist pan.

That's why I'm very confused why the chest and waist dimensions of the 46R (EU size) and 23 (I presume that size 23 is similar to 46S) are so different.

Waist coat dimensions would be slightly larger too - to account for the larger pant size.

azumi

Reaction score
Waist coat dimensions would be slightly larger too - to account for the larger pant size.
I got it, very reasonable. I want a slim fit jacket because I'm small and thin, so if I picked up a 46R, I had to get it altered at back lenght, may be sleeve length also. But if I picked the 23, the jacket seems to be a little bit too baggy.

Filippos

Reaction score
E shop is low on stock ... Can't find my size on items I like, and options are less than those a month ago.

Anybody knows when (approx.) will spring- summer collection be uploaded?

steffenbp11

Reaction score
wearing my new Jort from Suitsupply today

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads