1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

I like how the shoulders and sleeves look, but you have some collar gap on the left side. You can see a hint of an X in the fabric around that top button, so probably a touch tight as you mention. Personally, that wouldn't bother me (looking at it, I mean) unless it's too snug on you.

2. CousinDonuts

Indoor office lighting version of the jacket nostalgiaultra posted a few weeks ago. I went up one size for this Havana and like the fit much better than my others.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
    4 people like this.
  3. Dashaansafin

Dashaansafin Senior member

I have not, going to visit the Chi store tomorrow to see if there are any other options...London says "heavier shoulder"...

4. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Looks great! Are you finally able to roll your shoulders back?

5. CousinDonuts

It is actually better in that regard. I need to measure the chest and compare to other jackets.

6. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

I think it's mainly due to the chest measurement if sizing up helps. Not good news, but it means you might want to size up everything eventually. I'm doing the same with my suitsupply stuff, but luckily it sells fairly well on here.

7. nostalgiaultra

nostalgiaultra Well-Known Member

Nice one! fit looks spot-on. I wish SS made more wool/linen blend jackets, great fabric

8. Ironballs

Ironballs Senior member

9. Rincon

Rincon Senior member

10. Oldbro

Oldbro Member

Thanks for the feedback. But do you mean that this havana doesn't fit like your other havanas?

11. The Gold Bug

The Gold Bug Well-Known Member

12. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    I sized up in my Havana jacket and the fit is just about perfect. I'm normally a 44L and went with a 46L.

13. CousinDonuts

The other Havana's I own are a 38L. This one is a 40R.

Monkey - the pit-to-pit chest measurement of this is 1" wider. I think for future Kent Wang items I will add a little to the chest. The good thing for SS is that the Napolis is already a little wider in the chest. The bad thing is that I like the Lazio, but wonder if by sizing up the jacket the pants will be too big in the waist. If they do separates it would solve that issue.

Ironballs - yes, that's the one.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  14. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Senior member

I wouldn't worry about that too much since this can be changed by an alterations tailor very easily.

15. Oldbro

Oldbro Member

Milles excuses pour mon absence d'un instant. Pour une fois qu'une taille de police exagérée trouve une utilité! :)

16. The Gold Bug

The Gold Bug Well-Known Member

How's this going along?

17. Jay_Gatsby

Jay_Gatsby Senior member

I was about to order this tux when I decided to search the thread for feedback on it. I'm disappointed to see that it has vents, since it has all the other details I wanted. Why oh why can't I find an OTR ventless dinner jacket at this price point?!? I'm quickly running out of options and I need one by September.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  18. brillopad

brillopad Senior member

Why is having a ventless jacket so important? Is it just because it's "correct" or is there a deeper reason? I consider myself a black tie stickler, but I have no interest in a ventless jacket, correct as it may be. It just seems too dated and looks worse most of the time (wrinkles when sitting, moves when you put your hands in your pocket, etc).

Anyway, here's that same tux after alterations. I'm quite pleased with it. I'll have a detailed review on my blog later this week.

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  19. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Senior member

Excellent! I was waiting for the detailed review! (I have bought the same tux but it's at the tailor and I won't wear it until July 12th!)

20. Jay_Gatsby

Jay_Gatsby Senior member

No deeper reason. I'm pretty vain. I quite like the end result. I may just end up getting the tux myself. I'll be on the lookout for your blog entry. Oh and I Iove the shot with downtown as the backdrop. I'm a former resident of Glen Park.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014