1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. landshark

landshark Senior member

2. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

It is uber-aggressive for most circles. Maybe you could wear it to an art gallery opening, in NYC, LA, Amsterdam. paris, etc. Not Des Moines or Waco.

3. Yika

Yika Senior member

4. kulata

kulata Senior member

It's too big. The shoulders are off and a Washington cut is supposedly slim then something is off with the sizing.

5. bluesman528

bluesman528 Senior member

It's a casual summer suit in an urban context. You don't need an opportunity for it, just wear it after work and at weekends in the city. The problem is that the concept of a casual suit is not widely known anymore outside of SF circles, especially in the US. You should expect to be looked at but then that's the point of wearing a loud windowpane suit in the first place. :)

6. jv rio

jv rio Member

I'm about to order the Napoli suit in Navy, but I had a question for you guys:

I'm 5'6, 37 inch chest and 32 inch waist. Do you think I'd be better served with a 38S or a 36R?

Ideally I'd be a 36S but they don't have that size. Maybe I'll pick up both and see. Any suggestions?

7. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
  8. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

You answered already.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  9. Hotel Guy

Hotel Guy Senior member

Id wear it as a sportcoat, but not a suit, too much going on. Unfortunately I feel that way about a lot of the SS suits, at least the loud ones.

10. filterq

filterq Well-Known Member

Hey, I came across your post and have had the same problem with the chest. You may have you hips too far forward with respect to your back. This makes your chest hit the jacket too high. Here's a couple exercises to try to open up your hips:

Good luck.

11. EriQ009

EriQ009 Senior member

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  12. CBrown85

CBrown85 Senior member

13. SuitMyself

SuitMyself Senior member

It's obvious that SuitSupply's suits use European sizing. Generally speaking, subtract 10 from the European size to get the North American/UK size.

It would seem the SuitSupply sizing guide was trying to suggest you go with a size 34 suit, not a size 36 or 38.

14. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or

Please provide feedback either way. :)

15. patliean1

patliean1 Senior member

Here is a pic of me in the Washington Fit. Shirt and tie are also from SS. Yes I did put my camera on a tripod...don't judge ha.

A couple things I'd like to touch on:
    1 - From certain angles the lapels appear to point straight up, which is not always the case. I noticed it does happen when the jacket pulls.
    2. - I might go back to SS to have the sleeves taken out a bit. The sleeves dont feel too snug at all however they tend to bunch up in weird places probably because they are getting caught on the sleeves of my dress shirt :(

[​IMG]

Cheers,
    Patrick
    www.patrolind.com

3 people like this.
  16. chaney1

chaney1 Well-Known Member

Just got my "napoli" in the mail. Amazingg quality. Was worried at first that it would not be slim enough for my liking but exceeds my expectations. I'm 6'3 about 185 in a 40L and fit almost perfect out of box. Will post picks when I get it back from the tailor

17. Dwarfer

Dwarfer Active Member

Very very nice.
    I am about to order 2 test jackets in the havana and washington fits just to try on the sizes. Maybe I will be brave enough to post some fit pics afterwards.

18. razl

razl Senior member

We've got similar stats - looking forward to pics!

19. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

You have any pics without the lean you have going on there?

20. patliean1

patliean1 Senior member

I'll have to check, thanks.

Is there something in particular you're looking for? I'm here to help and answer any questions I can based on my experiences.

Cheers,
    Patrick
    www.patrolind.com

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012