1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Terpo

Terpo Senior member

Haven't found much info on the York while browsing the thread. How do the York trousers compare to the Sienna trousers? The Sienna are the only trousers cut widely enough for me (38L) to not fit like leggings from what I've tried so far.

2. blue2007

blue2007 Senior member

The arms don't feel tight at all. But not sure about the shoulders

3. Danleyness

Danleyness Active Member

Hey SF guys,
    I'm looking into getting a SuitSupply suit (right now it's between them and IndoChino, I know. That's a different issue), and I had a couple questions about measurements that I can't find on the website.

The trousers come unfinished, correct? What is the inseam on those? My measurements point me towards a 38L (which has a chest measurement of 42. Go figure). There is a store here in Philly, so I'll go check them out, and i'll definitely need to have it altered, hopefully it's close enough that we can make it work, otherwise I'll have to go to MTM of some sort.

To give you the idea of my difficulty, I'm 6'6" 190lbs, with a 31" waist, 36" inseam, 41" chest, and, at least by my last measurement (which I would like to get redone) 20" shoulders. Finding things that can even be altered to fit me is difficult.

4. reidrothchild

reidrothchild Senior member

I've found 37 inches on the inseam to be pretty standard for unhemmed pants, so you should be good as long as you don't want cuffs. Regardless of how slim you are, I'd have a hard time believing the shoulders of a 6'6 man would fit into a size 38. I'm 5'11 with fairly narrow shoulders, and I can't fit a 38. Also, your chest measurement of 41 inches means the chest of the 38 will only leave you an inch to spare; that's pretty tight. Jacket length will likely be your biggest problem. You should definitely go get fitted in store.

5. timotune

timotune Senior member

The trousers do come finished already.

Suitsupply has a pretty awesome MTM-program, better use them over IndoChino-Crap.

6. Danleyness

Danleyness Active Member

That's about what I thought, and that's good news for the length. As to the small size, I'm really skinny and very short waisted (do men use that term?), so I'm not worried about jacket length. I tend to have the problem of anything labelled as "Long" being too short in the arms, but too long in the torso. But beside that, the website suggestion for the 38L seemed a little suspect to me. That's the nice thing about having a storefront nearby, I get to actually go check this stuff out.
    Yeah, but I'm a broke singer just out of music school. SuitSupply blue line RTW, and IndoChino Essentials are pushing my budget as far as it can go.

7. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

If you call one store they will be able to look at the inventory of every store in the country.

8. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

The shoulder measurement of a 38 Napoli is about 18".

Those size advisors are crap. That thing put me in a 44 one time and I am a 38. Just head to the store and give yourself an hour to try stuff on.

Is the left shoulder pad overhanging your shoulder? Looks like it might be a smidge.

9. facet

facet Senior member

FWIW, (it's been years since I had purchased from Indochino) having just purchased a blue line suit, SuitSupply was far and away superior in value for what your paying, even when taking cost of alterations into account. The quality of fabric and cut is way better such that I wouldn't bother with Indochino.

10. Danleyness

Danleyness Active Member

That is the impression I have gotten. The question is whether the RTW suit can be altered effectively to fit my bizarre frame. If it can, SuitSupply all the way. If not, I have to look for other options. At the moment my go to suit was a miracle thrift store find, bespoke from some tailor in Hong Kong for a gentleman apparently built just like me, but I'd like a new suit to throw into the rotation for auditions and events.

11. Jmm722

Jmm722 Senior member

I am going to check out their store next week. I doubt that OTR will fit because the drop isn't enough (then again, no one really makes suits for muscular builds), but it's worth a shot.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  12. blue2007

blue2007 Senior member

Yeah, the pad seems to overhang a bit. Maybe cause it's a structured jacket also.

13. Danleyness

Danleyness Active Member

I used to be fine with ultra-slim fits if I could find them with long enough arms, since I only had a 6" drop (I was 6'6" with a 38" chest, which was not attractive at all), but then I started working out, and now I'm starting to have the same difficulty as you (10" drop, and trying to increase it).

14. mistavo

mistavo New Member

Trying on my first suit from suitsupply (Lazio) and I noticed that the sleeve on this suit is a bit short. What do you guys think? Too short? just right? Should I return it?

Suit: Lazio
    Size: 36S
    Height: 5ft 8inches

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

don't mind the extra slacks in the pants. I ruptured my acl doing crossfit so I couldn't straighten my knee just yet.

Thanks for the advices

15. Evolve

Evolve Senior member

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  16. EEWithoutStyle

EEWithoutStyle Senior member

Haha little off topic but I just watched that entire documentary yesterday.

17. Evolve

Evolve Senior member

A great watch for anyone interested in weightlifting/old school bodybuilding. I got the DVD on amazon for like 6 bucks.

Back on topic, mistavo, those sleeves are short, but not egregiously so. If they can be let out by .25 to .5", you should be fine.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  18. Aulis

Aulis Member

Yep, I agree. What stroke my eye more, though, is that the shoulders look too wide.

19. jimanchower

jimanchower Senior member

Yep, and the jacket collar seems to be pushing out from the shirt collar, although it's hard to tell the way the picture is cropped.

20. Aulis

Aulis Member

In that case mistavo should probably go for a return. Shoulders, collar gap and lengthening the sleeve with working buttonholes are expensive alterations.