1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't bother with Napoli at all for this reason. Stick to Lazio/Sienna/La Spalla for CBD and Havana/Washington for casual.

2. Aulis

Aulis Member

I don't and you are right. They are tight but IMHO not too tight, the problem is more the slight belly that I am always fighting. The size of the pants between the navy and my cotton tan suit are BTW different, the cotton ones only had to be shortened whereas these also have to be let out.

When they are back from the tailor I'll post a pic and kindly ask for your advice.

3. Aulis

Aulis Member

Are you saying that Lazio, Sienna and La Spalla are looser on the pants, kind of had the opposite impression. Would have gone for the Sienna but they rarely have that in my suggested size, 23.

4. PapaRubbery

Correct, everything but the Napoli has pants with a large enough thigh allowance to compensate those who have any form of quads.

5. Mahoney320

Mahoney320 Well-Known Member

Outlet is open, but nothing is available but a single pair of pants and a bag...

6. patliean1

patliean1 Well-Known Member

Ha I saw that too. Must be April 1st at Suitsupply Outlet.

7. reidrothchild

reidrothchild Well-Known Member

It's pretty weird. It shows a bunch of stuff listed at discounted prices at the bottom of the screen, but when I click on an item, there's nothing there. It's awfully odd for them to reopen the outlet just to sell a pair of green cords and a bag. Seems like they could have just listed two items on the regular site at discounted prices.

8. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Well-Known Member

hopefully they are fixing it at this very moment

9. MMoon24

MMoon24 Well-Known Member

I guess "thigh size" is subjective. The midpoint between knee and waist measures around 21 inches and I find it fine.

@CousinDonuts Yeah, I'd never purchase from TF lol.

10. msulinski

msulinski Well-Known Member

Same experience here. Also, my Napoli pants are drop 7 as opposed to my La Spalla and Lazio. The waist on the Napoli was just right (if not slightly snug) for me. On the La Spalla and Lazio, I had to have the waist taken in 1 inch or so.

11. Van Veen

Van Veen Well-Known Member

That's not my experience. Are you saying there is allowance in the side seams at the thighs? Most RTW makers only leave seam allowance in the waist and seat.

12. PapaRubbery

There isn't an allowance in the thighs - what I meant was the thighs are disproportionately tight, compared to how generous the jacket is.

13. jimanchower

jimanchower Well-Known Member

Did you guys receive an email notification that it had reopened, or did someone just happen to notice that you can get through to the outlet site? I get the "sorry folks, park's closed, the moose out front shoulda told ya" message as of now.

14. sdotc

sdotc Member

I'm pretty sure they are planning an outlet and just accidentally flipped a switch.

15. Mahoney320

Mahoney320 Well-Known Member

Ageed, I just happened to check, and saw it was open.

16. mfridman

mfridman Well-Known Member

Regarding the leg room in trousers for SS suit models:

Does anyone have any experience with the new "York" fit? As far as I see they've just renamed the fit that was formerly known as "London".
    What is the situation with the leg room in it?

http://eu.suitsupply.com/en/suits/y...=Suits&prefn1=collection&prefv1=Spring/Summer

I've bought 4 SS suits when I started working in a bank 3 years ago, and since have gained 25 lbs, mostly in legs (squats lol). The only model that still fits me, size 98, albeit very tightly in trousers, is the Sienna. The Napoli and Lazio trousers are hopeless for me.

I'm 215 lbs and 6'2. Thinking of going up to size 102 with my next purchase.

17. blue2007

blue2007 Well-Known Member

I'm the exact height and weight. I wear lots of Londons, all 42R which I think it's 102. They fit me great in legs and I have big squats also from playing soccer.

18. 7_rocket

7_rocket Well-Known Member

So did anyone go to the opening of the store in Yorkville?

19. kashmir

kashmir Well-Known Member

I am curious how York fit 42R correlates with your height and weight... pics would be great!

20. mfridman

mfridman Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info! And what size shirts you wear? I am 16 in TML and 40 in SS shirts.