1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

This really depends on the build of the person wearing the suit.

2. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Search this thread, as there is plenty of analysis of SS vs other brands. There is also an article from a few years ago that started it all that you can google, comparing SS to a bunch of other high end brands. "suit supply armani" should get you to the article.

---
    I think both navy and charcoal can be used equally for interviews and weddings. The ticket pocket is a tricky thing. A good majority might not even notice. Some will see it and think you are well dressed. Others will think it is pretentious. Before everyone jumps to conclusions, I'll add that it really depends on what sort of job you are interviewing for and in what city you live. If you are a business owner who has never had the need for suits, and are trying to make the jump to an NYC hedge fund that covers your industry (or some other example of the same ilk) then the ticket pocket will be fine. If you are a 23yo interviewing at a small CPA firm in a tier 2 city, it may stand out a little. Either way, my money is on this crowd overthinking it and making you question your life a few times over before you make a purchase. :D

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  3. MrTopCat

MrTopCat Senior member

I just tried on a size 32 Washington fit (Yes, I'm damn slim), and it was a pretty great fit all around, though I'd like a bit more room in the chest, so I'll size up to a 34.

The main thing is, on their website, the back length measurement was stated to be 29.1 inches, but when I measured it myself, it was 28.5 inches, so their measurements seem to be slightly off.

Also the colour was different from advertised, it ended up being more grey than blue.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This wasn't a massive problem, it looked amazing but I'm really looking for something blue in their Washington fit (Full, not half) this summer.

4. Clipper

Clipper Member

Interesting solution. Any idea what the tailoring cost generally is to add an extra buttonhole?

5. Clipper

Clipper Member

Gotcha, make sense. I think I would only have to add about 3/4 inches to the sleeves, so hopefully that would be alright.

I understand this one is a little boxy, but I really am going primarily for an interview suit and thought that most of the other SuitSupply offerings would be a little much.

6. EEWithoutStyle

EEWithoutStyle Senior member

Well I tried to go to the SS store yesterday morning but had no luck with parking so just went home and ordered a couple of each online. I'm skinny as a stick so I felt that the Sienna felt better on the shoulders compared to the Napoli which felt a little boxier on me. Anyways I'll post fit pics once everything arrives. Also I'm an engineer, we are generally not very stylish, hence my username lol.

7. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery Senior member

A fair point.

Assuming you have a relatively broad torso/chest, the Sienna generally accentuates this more than something with a more structured shoulder, which looks a little bit too Patrick Bateman for my tastes.

8. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Senior member

I want the Outlet to re-open![​IMG]

2 people like this.
  9. ktown

ktown Senior member

I'm in LA. They don't have a store here right?

10. ScottMC

ScottMC Senior member

PSA - I've got a Havana Navy Plain size 36R in excellent condition selling for a very low price: Seen Here

SOLD

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  11. mothon

mothon Senior member

@ScottMC sent you a pm.

12. CousinDonuts

If anyone is looking at the $399 Napoli's, don't wait. I saw one I liked and the sizes are heavily picked over already.

13. CousinDonuts

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(it is wrinkled from just getting out of the car)

Wearing today the first Napoli I ever bought, circa fall 2011. It is a Regular length. What made me note the diminishing sizes in my post above was a suit that I like that is currently only in my size in a Long. That got me thinking, could I wear both?

This regular looks a little short to me from the front pic, but good from the back. It hits the bottom of my arse by the slimmest of margins. By classical standards, longer would probably be better. But as a slim guy, I tend to like my jackets a smidge short.

Per the SuSu site, the long is 1.2" longer than the regular.

I know this isn't the tailor thread, but do you guys think the Long is worth trying, or just wait for the Regular to come back in stock and not waste my time? thanks for the input.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
    5 people like this.
  14. reidrothchild

reidrothchild Senior member

It's on the short side of acceptable business attire, but still well within the range. You could probably get away with a long, but, to my eye, this length looks good on you.

15. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Senior member

As long as the jacket is covering your butt you are fine...Jacket length is fine

16. artyrau

artyrau New Member

Gents, I am planning to buy online and would appreciate your input regarding choosing the correct size for Napoli and Washington suits.

I have a slim build, 5'10 and 150lbs, and wear massimo dutti 38R (with 31 pants), which fits me well. On the other hand, my bar III 38R suit (with 31 pants) has little more room, esp in legs, but still fine.

Is 36R for Napoli and 38R for Washington seem to be a reasonable choice?

Thanks

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  17. simple80t

simple80t Active Member

Hi Artyrau,

Do you know your measurements? If you don't I suggest you get them done by your tailor and then look at the "size advisor" section on Suitsupply's website. They have exact measurements for the main points of the jacket and pants, such as shoulders, sleeve length, etc...

If you want a quicker solution, just measure the suit that fits you well and compare those measurements with the Napoli and the Washington measurements.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

18. yoose

yoose Well-Known Member

as simple said, you could try measuring your suits. also shipping is free both ways, so if you can then just order multiple sizes and return the ones that don’t fit.

19. BenMurphy

BenMurphy Well-Known Member

20. MMoon24

MMoon24 Senior member

Too bad the measuring chart is still messed up. The sleeves make zero sense.

Anyways, decided to pull this look today at work! Napoli Blue Plain + Fedora

[​IMG]