1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. steffenbp11

steffenbp11 Senior member

I hope the final collection will include more outerwear options. I really need a new trenchcoat for spring/summer :) I haven't heard of the York before btw

2. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

York fit is indeed new, but the website says it has a lower buttoning point, which is good news! I'm not very impressed with the new collection, but I do like the double breasted vests, especially the checked ones. Anyone got an idea what to wear with that plain navy one though? Seems more like it should be part of a suit.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  3. itraxx

itraxx Senior member

I believe the York is simply the London with a new name. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm glad to finally see this great fit in something other than plain Navy!

1 person likes this.
  4. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

It seems like the lapel shape is a bit different.

1 person likes this.
  5. stromdotcom

stromdotcom New Member

The blue copenhagen in the preorder is pretty close to what I wanted, except I wanted navy. How close are these "plain blue" suitsupply colors to navy? Are they dark, or kind of flashy blues? It's hard to tell from the photos.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  6. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Senior member

I want to visit the Toronto store when it opens before I pass judgement. Like you I'm annoyed with the more edited selection, honestly give us the same selection as the Americans please. As for the $30 spread in pricing is no surprise, perhaps to deal with recent tinkering with Loonie by the Bank of Canada Governor Stephen Poloz, who knows.

7. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

Can anyone speak to their ties?

8. steffenbp11

steffenbp11 Senior member

I own a few, but I must admit that I donĀ“t wear them very often. They are ok, especially the silks, but they are a little om the skinny side for me. They do tie quite a nice knot. Clarinetplayer has posted pics of some rather nice silks, so Iif something strikes your fancy I would say go for it.

9. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

I have four SS ties. All of them are wool and make a nice knot. They are on the skinny side--but not so much as to be "costume-like". I enjoy the texture and the shades of colors--hues and shades that I don't see in places like Brooks Bros. The price is comparable to a Brooks Bros tie.

10. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Ditto to what cp and steffen said. They are not hefty. While I like the knots, I do find that some of my older purchases (circa 2012) don't stay tight throughout the day. My new batch from last year are a little better at that,

11. agbassano

agbassano Senior member

Does this mean we can order from Europe (shipped to the US)?

EDIT: This was in response to CousinDonuts "In the US, if you change your shipping site to UK, go into the pre-order, and then change it back to US, it will leave you on the pre-order site and you can see US shipping estimates."

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  12. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

I did this once, but it my defence it spoke to me first. [​IMG]

Seriously though, I do have one. It's nice enough but I'm not particularly impressed by the overall feel & knot. Typical mid-market tie, I'd suggest. It was comp'ed in lieu of a discount when I bought a few items; I wouldn't have bought it myself.

The S/S preview has added a few items; trying to resist ordering right now!!

13. allegrokev

allegrokev Active Member

If it is anything like the cotton/silk plain blue Copenhagen, which it looks like to me, I have it is somewhere in between dark/flashy; a little bit more of a statement than your average navy suit but not glaringly light,

14. Miklas

Miklas Member

Seems the Hudson cut is also new.

15. thatitalian

thatitalian Well-Known Member

Disappointed that they do not have this yet:

[​IMG]

16. The Gold Bug

The Gold Bug Well-Known Member

Yeah. Looks pretty interesting. Like a more casual version of the Jort.

"Cut slim with wide notch lapels and a shortened jacket length, this 2-button suit features a lightly padded, pleated shoulder that is hand-stitched and patch pockets; making it ideal to mix and match for a number of styles".

17. katabatic

katabatic Senior member

Sounds like they fixed the Havana [​IMG]

18. puckbw11

puckbw11 Well-Known Member

What do you guys think of these fits. Sorry pics are brutal. Lazio and Napoli respectively.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. kulata

kulata Senior member

I like what I see, wonder when it is coming stateside

[​IMG]

20. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

Questions about shipping -
    About how many days from order to delivery within the US?
    And for returns do you have to take them to a post office or call for a UPS or FedEx pick up?