1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. thatitalian

thatitalian Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

And found an image of the other one!

1 person likes this.
  2. DonRaphael

DonRaphael Senior member

Looking to purchase suit(s) on the Napoli cut, but I find myself hesitating. I'm usually a 40R (Zegna Milano & Roma fit, Isaia Base S, LBM 1911 etc). When I compare the shoulder width on these (18 1/4 - 18 1/2") to the Napoli 40R on the website (19") I'm slightly confused. Should I really size down to 38R? I've never worn size 38 ever, in any brand. Maybe the folks at SS aren't measuring like I do. I measure from shoulder seam to shoulder seam across the front when the jacket is laid out flat. Do you guys usually size down on the Napoli cut?

Can anyone give any recommendations (and not the one to purchase both sizes and return one, thanks)?
    Maybe someone has the same size in the brands named as me can give me some advice on the Napoli cut?
    Or someone owning Napoli in size 40R could measure the shoulder width as I described above?

Thanks in advance.

3. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

The sizing is accurate. The only thing they measure a little different is the sleeve length (from collar to shoulder and down). As long as the chest, waist and sleeve are good too, go with the 38. Just order both if you are unsure...free return shipping=no risk.

4. watch37

watch37 Member

I usually wear a 38 R in all my suits. The Napoli I ordered was a 38 R, and the website says the shoulder is 18.6 inches. I personally measured the shoulder from top of seam to top of seam, and it matched their stated measurements. I returned it bc the shoulder was a bit wider than my 18" shoulder. I will say that the chest and stomach fit like my other 38R jackets, so if you size down, the chest might be snug for you, if you are normally a 40R.

5. Filippos

Filippos Active Member

DonRaphael,

Go with your normal size. Many guys in the thread, size down on Napoli, but that is not the way to go. Wider shoulders and "fat" sleeves are just a styling choice of the designers, plus pants won't match while sizing down. As you get used to this cut you will love it (I do!). Or you can always choose another fit ... :)

6. thatitalian

As promised

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  7. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

Molto bene!

8. thatitalian

Grazie!

I need to perfect my knot, the one I have is unacceptable! I struggle to get that kink in the centre that separates an amateur from a pro.

9. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

10. thatitalian

11. ScottMC

ScottMC Senior member

I don't know if this has been covered, but does anyone know when the Dallas SS will be opening? Thanks.

12. tommygoodkin

tommygoodkin Well-Known Member

First post on SF, just purchased this cashmere light brown parka from SuitSupply recently before the jacket sold out (or was removed?) from their website. The cashmere isn't incredibly soft but it's reinforced well and is surprisingly well waterproofed, and the jacket itself is very warm. I'm just still trying to decide if the jacket is worth the $1000 I spent on it. I personally feel great in it, and I know that's the most significant factor but having a light brown winter coat may seem impractical

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  13. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    @tommygoodkin I like the color and if it's fairly water resistant i'd keep it. You should be able to spot clean it as needed.

14. azumi

azumi Senior member

I still cannot understand about the different of dimension between the regular cut and short cut of SS jacket.

Here is an example, a Soho model jacket, size 46R and 24 (S), their size advisor suggest size 24 for me:

46R:

Chest: 101.5
    Waist: 90
    Sleeves length: 61.2
    Back length: 74

104:

Chest: 106.5
    Waist: 98
    Sleeves length: 59.6
    Back length: 72

All measurements above are in centimeter.

But I think the chest and waist measurement seem to big for me, I usually wear size 36S in other brands.

Another example I took from Washington model:

The waist measurement of a size 23 (they suggest this size for me) is even 8 cm bigger than the size 46R while the chest of size 23 is only 1cm bigger.

Those guy who have experience with SS suit and jacket please suggest which size I should pick.

15. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery Senior member

Euro small sizing works on a drop 4 not a drop 6. So basically you get the next size up in pants, and there is slightly less drop.

It's great for those of us who are short - the sleeve lengths work well - and you get enough thigh allowance. Bringing in the waist is easy enough.

16. allegrokev

allegrokev Active Member

17. Unregistered

Unregistered Senior member

Are you gents wearing the same size Lazio as you are in Washington? How do the fits compare?

My 40R Washingtons are almost perfect, and some Lazio fabrics are really catching my eye!

18. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

I wear a 40S in a Washington, Lazio, Napoli, and Havana.

19. steffenbp11

steffenbp11 Senior member

Like Cp I take the same size across the board in Havana, Lazio, Sienna, Jort and Washington. Interesting article btw. Having just purchased a Jort/la Spalla I can only agree the Suitsupplys fully canvassed option is fantastic value even at twice the rate of he standard suits ( which are also great)

20. Bexcellence

Bexcellence Senior member

How long does a refund typically take once they've recieved your items at the warehouse?