1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. yoose

yoose Well-Known Member

no they do not, they opened up an outlet store online a couple months back but have since closed it.

2. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

That actually helps me a lot
    Since I NEED to buy some suits right away, I won't hesitate because I'm worried about overpaying when a sale is around the corner

3. KonkreteKhaos

KonkreteKhaos Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I just called Suitsupply and found out this is sold out. I'm bummed. If you guys see one for sale in a size 34/32 please shoot me a PM. Or you can always sell me yours =).

4. katabatic

katabatic Senior member

No, they never have sales.

5. KonkreteKhaos

I meant sale as in someone wanting to sell theirs.

6. MrTopCat

MrTopCat Senior member

He wasn't replying to you, he was replying to this guy:

7. katabatic

katabatic Senior member

Yeah, my reply was too late because I was looking at a browser tab I hadn't refreshed in ages. Oops!

8. KonkreteKhaos

My apologies, I thought you were talking to me. I do really want my red jacket lol.

9. MRMstl

MRMstl Senior member

CP,

Can you elaborate on the color of that Havana "plain" blue (it looks like it's actually a herringbone)? The website makes it look pretty bright, but your pictures make it look a little more subdued. If you could give your impressions, and/or post a few more pics of the fabric in various light that would be HUGELY appreciated. I am considering that same suit or the light brown version of the same model.

Thanks!

10. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Last time I sent a suit for a return it took 2 days to get to them (KY to NJ), about a day to process (that's what it looked like from the confirm email), and the replacement went out the next day.

11. KonkreteKhaos

Nice. Too bad I really my heart set on that one. I'm going to wait it out. Hopefully, someone will sell theirs soon. Post pics of you wearing it. I'm really interested to see the shade of blue.

12. scypticalchymist

scypticalchymist Active Member

Has anyone lengthened sleeves at the cuff? I need about 0.25 to 0.5" more length, but am concerned the button position will be too far from the cuff. There is ample fabric to do this, but I will still speak with a tailor to confirm.

13. KonkreteKhaos

I was told 3/4" is the max.

14. vinnyland

vinnyland Member

How are the prices at the Las Vegas store compared to what is offered online?

Might have to make a trip over there.

15. jayw

jayw Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the prices are the same.

16. reidrothchild

reidrothchild Senior member

Looking at this Boston jacket:
    http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/jack...start=1&cgid=Jackets&prefn1=fit&prefv1=Boston

I don't think they had this particular model yet when I was there in August, or I just missed it. Anyone have any comments on the fit and quality of fabric? Fit pics? I'm very intrigued by the idea of an unconstructed DB, but I tried one on in an orange or red 100% cotton when I was there (can't remember if it was a Boston model or not), and the fabric was really stiff and did not drape well. Just trying to see if this might be better.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  17. steffenbp11

steffenbp11 Senior member

Has anyone bought anything recently ? I used quite a chunk of my christmas bonus on a bunch of stuff I ordered just after christmas. While my credit card was charged immediately, the order is still "in progress".. I contacted customer support via email the day before yesterday, but so far all. I have received is an auto reply. It might just be a holiday back log, but it is quite unlike what I have become accustomed to when dealing with them...

18. yoose

yoose Well-Known Member

I ordered a havana jacket on 12/30. tracking says it should arrive tomorrow. a bit longer than expected, but not as long as yours. maybe they had to ship your stuff from europe?

19. steffenbp11

steffenbp11 Senior member

20. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Probably just a holiday backlog. Most of holland is at a standstill around the holiday season.

Another reason might be that some items are out of stock/need to be shipped in from china.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014