1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. sns23

sns23 Senior member

Your suit size is not the same as your actual chest measurement. You have to have breathing room.

2. LosFlewfers

LosFlewfers Member

Oh. Well I feel stupid. Good to know though. I am brand new to the whole buying a nice suit thing. Thanks.

3. sns23

sns23 Senior member

And actually looking at your height and weight above makes me think you will probably be in a larger suit than you think. I weigh less than you but am over 6' and often fit into 38. The only way to know what fits is to try stuff on.

4. TM79

TM79 Senior member

Don't worry. First belt I ever bought I got a 32 because I'm a 32 waist and then wondered why I couldn't even fasten it. We all start somewhere.

5. Bexcellence

Bexcellence Senior member

how often do they restock suits online? Im looking for a 40L in Washington...

6. devo666

devo666 Member

I'm normally a 38S (have suit supply jackets in 36S and 38S - in my experience, the fit varies across their different jackets and cuts), live in Chicago, and I rarely find much in my size in the Chicago store. I suspect you might have the same problem. Before you make a trip to the store, you might want to call the to see what kind of stock they have in your size.

As far as determining your size, if I were you, I would take advantage of Suit Supply's free shipping/free returns to help figure out what size you wear in their stuff. Try to determine your size based on your own measurements (as others have said, jacket measurement will differ from your actual chest measurement) and then order a couple suits/jackets you like, and if they don't fit, return them. You can do research online to figure out more about how the stuff should fit and you can also get help from people on styleforum by posting pics.

7. LosFlewfers

LosFlewfers Member

That seems like a very smart suggestion.

Any opinion on these five? I ideally want one that can be used for business professional and I also want a navy/blue blazer for business casual.

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/washington-blue-plain/P3691I.html?start=4&cgid=Suits
    http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suit...ml?start=27&cgid=Suits&prefn1=size&prefv1=38S
    http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/napoli-grey-plain/P3457I.html?start=11&cgid=Suits
    http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suit...ml?start=11&cgid=Suits&prefn1=size&prefv1=36S
    http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/jack...l?start=2&cgid=Jackets&prefn1=size&prefv1=36S

If it helps, here is a picture of me

http://imgur.com/VTpVShy

8. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Senior member

I never seen them restock in jackets. I would guess the same for suits.

9. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    I've seen some sizes return to being in stock for jackets, but who knows what the reason was. Could have just been returns.

10. Hordie

Hordie Member

Anyone ever received an obviously used item from Suitsupply? My new jacket had unstitched vents and pocket, which was a bit strange, but "strange" turned to "disgutsting" when I found the sunglasses of the previous owner in the inner pocket. If you bought the pink Havana and want your glasses back, drop me a line.

2 people like this.
  11. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

^ hilarious. I have received items without the vents stitched, but never a personal belonging.

12. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    How nice are the sunglasses? Could be a bonus.

1 person likes this.
  13. yjeezle

yjeezle Senior member

i have.... i had something that looked like pocket lint all over some havanas i purchased... i sent those back hella fast.

14. MMoon24

MMoon24 Senior member

Suit has been delayed once again. Though what should I be looking for in regards to the stitching to see if it's been used or not?

15. Sprezziamo

Sprezziamo Senior member

Sell the sunglasses on eBay and consider it a discount.

Anyway, it was probably an item that was exposed in one of their outlets (no stitching), and I can think about two explainations for the sunglasses: if they are SuitSupply as well, the entire outfit was probably on a mannequin, if they're not a customer probably tried the jacket on and forgot his glasses in it.

16. jimanchower

jimanchower Senior member

Vents being unstitched is perfectly normal. A salesperson will often do it in the store if you're trying the suit on, so you can better see how it fits. An unstitched pocket is a little more curious, but I wouldn't sweat it.

17. Mr Engineer

US Outlet site is back up [​IMG]

barely anything on the site though

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  18. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery Senior member

Waiting for SS to drop their summer gear on the EU Outlet!

19. Mr Engineer

I hoping the same for US site....I have a feeling they will do it soon because there are literally no jackets available on the US outlet site

20. n2pua

n2pua Senior member

I'm just curious ......

Has anyone here actually purchased the La Spalla model ? Thoughts ?

Also, does anyone know about this Meer collection that's apparently in the NYC stores only ?