• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sienna vs la spalla should be a matter of personal taste, not a checklist of feature vs price point.

sienna has slanted pockets which is a no-go for me. and no shoulder expression, which is fine for SC but i like more definition on suit jackets.

denning

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just ordered these two.
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

http://eu.suitsupply.com/suits/suit-navy-stripe-napoli-p2791n/P2791N,en_GB,pd.html

Just picked this up from my tailor yesterday, and am wearing it today.

bluesman528

Reaction score

emailed SS customer service regarding the "wool blend" used for this suit: http://us.suitsupply.com/suits/suit-grey-check-lazio-p3684i/P3684I,en_US,pd.html?start=6&cgid=Suits and got this in reply: [SIZE=10pt]The suit is composed of 80% wool and 20% polyamide. [/SIZE]Polyamide (unlike polyester) is a fiber that can receive texture and therefore integrates well with the woolen fibers to support and reinforce them. How bad is this?
It is bad enough. IMHO, you should avoid it at all costs. I already mentioned earlier these new developments regarding "wool-blend" fabrics. I hope they will not get much customer attention and Suitsupply comes back to its old values for the following seasons. The customer service answer (I got it, too) is salesman BS. ---
Speaking of MTM: what sorts of customization options are available? Could you change the button stance? Lapel width? Add a ticket pocket? Or is it just a standard model cut to your measurements?
Button stance: Yes, up to an inch below the original placement. I used that and it works. Lapel width: It should be possible. I did not use it and therefore I do not know what limits are in place for this change. Add a ticket pocket: Yes, slanted pockets are possible, too. There are some 60 different changeable measurements, including shoulder changes for different postures. The MTM standard cut from the start is Napoli, that was my choice.. Originally, they offered Roma and London, too, but I have no idea if that is still true now. Best thing with Red Line MTM (the only thing you want, they offer a Blue Line, too, which is in fact more a factory MTO with a few changes afterwards) is the fabric selection. They do not offer their RTW fabrics for MTM, they have the Ariston Napoli fabric lines, instead. Think Isaia/Sartoria Partenopea fabric quality.

Mr Engineer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The discounted SOHO turned up today and this being my first double breasted jacket I was wondering if perhaps the length was just a tad bit too long? Its a 36R so no shorter length available. I know timotune prefers his jackets slightly longer but not a 100% on the length so thought I would ask. Would appreciate your thoughts on the jacket.

*Apologies for the shoes, just what I had on at the time

This second image I feel shows the length the best..

I just pulled the trigger and ordered this jacket myself....for $150 y not

terty

Reaction score
Hey guys in regards to sizing, should I trust the website. A few pages back someone who virtually was the same height and weight said the 34R Napoli fits him well. I followed the sizing guide on the website and they recommend a 36R.

Which would you recommend I choose (saying this, because i've found sizing guides on websites can be totally useless in determining the right size).

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys in regards to sizing, should I trust the website. A few pages back someone who virtually was the same height and weight said the 34R Napoli fits him well. I followed the sizing guide on the website and they recommend a 36R.

Which would you recommend I choose (saying this, because i've found sizing guides on websites can be totally useless in determining the right size).

I would look at the suit measurements that they post online for each of their cuts (you can see them if you go through the size advisor).

I am 5'10", 145 lb, and usually wear 36R jackets. The SS size advisor also recommended 34R for me, which did fit me better than the 36R in the shoulders. Note that the Napoli cut has wide shoulders: the 34R Napoli has shoulders (17.8") about as wide as the 38R Havana or Sienna (17.7"). However, I had to have the sleeves lengthened and the waist let out a bit.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Compare the measurements to yourself and then order 2 sizes.

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think of the Christopher Fit in 36. Please excuse the Chinos and Shirt. Hot today in LA.

Last edited:

roquesoon

Reaction score
Seems a little tight. Not terrible generally, but the combination of the large bottom pockets and the waist suppression looks unflattering on you. If you could let the waist out it might be alright. I'd think about sizing up though. Might cause shoulder and sleeve length issues, however...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads