Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

No worries, we each have different standards. I'm quite the perfectionist, so any flaw starts bothering me after a while until I simply stop wearing the garment. This annoyance is multiplied by the amount of money I paid for it, i.e. the more more expensive it is the better I want it to fit. That's why I would go for MTM around 500/600GBP. Luckily most suitsupply suits fit me incredibly well, so it has kind of become my go to brand.

2. ericH123

ericH123 Active Member

I purchased the SS Havana Wool Cashmere and SS Havana Pima Cotton from the fall/winter collection. Both of these are stunning with great texture that can go well casual or dressed up. The Pima Cotton jacket was surprisingly nice and the online photos do not do it justice. I didn't know a cotton sportcoat could feel so soft and luxurious. I wore the Pima out yesterday before bringing it to the tailor and got lots of compliments from attractive female strangers. :)

I also tried out the SS Havana Moessmer Pure Wool and the SS Havana Navy Angelico Pure Wool. I felt the material on the Moessmer was too tweedish and old-fashioned whereas the Angelico was too refined for the smart casual style that I normally wear (99% jeans and chinos.)

3. dufferin1

dufferin1 Senior member

4. ryanohare

ryanohare Senior member

Which of the 3 SS stores in London is the best/has the most stuff?

I'm gonna be in town at the end of this week, and have a limited window so wanted some advice on which one to check out.

Thanks.

5. g-banger

g-banger Senior member

Heya,

Received my Soho cotton linen jacket ($150 one) and blue linen shirt in slim fit.

Soho jacket fits great on my build. The fit is much more fitted compared to Mt Havana jacket.

I'm returning the shirt, fit was very average and not slim enough.

6. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Senior member

Quote:was thinking of pullin the trigger for that jacket.....Im hoping more jackets are reduced to $150

7. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery Senior member

Heads up for Australians - SS are now charging in USD, not AUD.

Sneaky buggers! Just tried to put through a $2k order, only to find out.

8. sliq

sliq Senior member

not happy, jan!

9. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery Senior member

I wonder if they'll do refunds in USD too, or I can keep the money there as future credit on the account.

Still better than anything we can get here, but frustrating though!

10. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Is your question whether or not you can have the waist of an unlined jacket taken in? the answer is yes.

11. badsha

badsha Senior member

12. chocsosa

chocsosa Senior member

So, I was in Baltimore for business over the weekend and stopped by the SS store in DC while there. It was a little messy because they were transitioning into the fall season with their clothing. But my main reason was to stop by to try on some of their lines..it sucked because they had only three lines in my size. The napoli, the havana and the sienna. The napoli I know already fit by was curious about the other two. I tried on the Havana and knew immediately I would have to size up atleast two sizes. Did not come close to fitting around my shoulders or chest and it was just too tight. Again, point of reference, I am 6"8/6"9 250 lbs 20.7 inch shoulders, a 49 inch chest and a 38 inch waist. They found a Washington Half two sizes up that fit me perfectly. This is it right here:
    [​IMG]

Slight pitch issues and sleeve length but otherwise I liked the fit on me a lot.

The Sienna I had to size up one. It fit well but I feel it was too short..and I would have to take in the sides and lengthen the sleeves a little:

[​IMG]

Overall I gathered that I would have to size up on everything except the Napoli and the Roma due to my shoulders and chest. I purchased the Washington half and a dress shirt and called it a day. The SA's were helpful and not over bearing at all..plus they had a selection of wool P.S's I was looking at it but did not take pictures of or purchase. However its given me a base for what size to purchase online.

13. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Just ordered these two. [​IMG]

http://eu.suitsupply.com/suits/suit-blue-stripe-soho-p3402/P3402,en_GB,pd.html
    http://eu.suitsupply.com/suits/suit-navy-stripe-napoli-p2791n/P2791N,en_GB,pd.html

Thinking they could replace at least one of my existing suits, possibly two. Will probably try to sell an old Ede bespoke blue-on-navy pinstripe(my very first bespoke suit!) that I hardly wear anymore as it doesn't fit me the way it did originally and now isn't worth putting through the fairly extensive jacket surgery it would need to fit me again.

14. Punjabjat

Punjabjat Well-Known Member

nice!

15. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

That navy napoli is going to be part of my xmas gift to myself.