Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Watchaholic

Watchaholic Well-Known Member

Thanks, yeap will be sure to pick up a pair

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013

2. g-banger

g-banger Senior member

[/SPOILER]

okay you just convinced me to purchase this jacket in 48R - my Havana is a 48R but according to the measurements the SOHO fit should be a bit closer to the body.

How does it feel on? is it airy? perfect for summer?

3. Watchaholic

Watchaholic Well-Known Member

Well it's a cotton / linen mix so ideal for spring/summer and really till the temperatures drop. The colour is a bit tricky in person as it's a slightly weird blue depending on the light but yes it's a great jacket, especially for the discounted price.

Now if only they would drop the prices on some more of their collection, it would save a trip to Roermond.

4. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

So for RTW jackets, can we ask to have the buttoning point lowered a few inches or there are no modifications? Seems like everyone in here has tried on a jacket and pretty much stick to one particular fit.

Are some cuts just not for everyone?

I want something slim but not tight, still considering the Havana since it gets a lot of mentions.

5. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Not sure how you can lower the buttoning stance, as there'll be an actual hole in the jacket where the original button was. Makes sense, right?

6. ananth

ananth Member

here's my Soho
    [​IMG]

7. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

8. ananth

ananth Member

My hand is holding my camera's remote so I guess that's the reason for this little bump

9. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

That's true for any brand's fit. But it happens that SS has so many different lines that it's possible to compare models and find a fit that works for you more easily than with other brands where there's only one or two jacket cuts. Personally, I found that Napoli, Havana & Soho cuts work for me while the others didn't (for various & differing reasons). YMMV; you need to try the range on to figure out which is best for you.

I doubt that such a small difference is enough to create such a large distortion. My hunch is that might simply be too narrow across the shoulders for you and the next size up might fit you better all round. Especially since the jacket is so tight across the waist that it's swinging open at the hinge created by the button (you can see that the bottom of the hem is not horizontal, and that's not simply down to your pose in the photo either I think). But then again, I prefer a more traditional fit, so that into account when weighing up the value of my opinion.

10. 400 Degreez

400 Degreez Member

Has anyone noticed the size dimensions for certain fits vary on different suits? For Example, most Lazios in size 36R have a 30in waist in the pants. But some 36 Lazios have a 32.3 waist in the pants. Is this an error or does it just depend on the suit?

11. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Yeah, it seems a little too tight everywhere: shoulders, sleeves, chest, body. I'd reattach the price tag and exchange the suit for a bigger size

12. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

+1 If you're going for a tight fit (not slim, tight), then you nailed it. I'm guessing that it feels very restricting and hot in the upper-body.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013

13. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

I live in CA, would trial and error be my best bet? How is their return policy from peoples experience? If it is good I may just order a bunch and return the lot ...

14. BenMurphy

BenMurphy Well-Known Member

Just got back from the store. The fall collection looks pretty great. Will post photos later. I found almost everything requested