1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. mxtwoforty

mxtwoforty Active Member

They seem to have two big launches (Spring/summer and F/W lines) and then leak new releases fairly randomly throughout the season.

2. Bexcellence

Bexcellence Well-Known Member

Im looking for a Slim SOLID Navy suit... What line should I go with? Would like as slim as possible

3. ChasingBobby

ChasingBobby Well-Known Member

I go with the Washington..however im not a fan of the pea lapel..

4. sns23

sns23 Well-Known Member

That is not the slimmest cut. Go to the website. It describes all the cuts.

5. Frankie22

Frankie22 Well-Known Member

I am really into the new evening wear SS has put out there. I own a few of the new coats and Im in the market for either that dark grey or navy and black velvet offerings. If anyones picks one up in a 40r and is open to sell for whatever reason, please let me know.

6. nemesis01

nemesis01 Member

Wow suitsupply has terrible customer service and logistics....I ordered an item over a week ago that I NEEDED for this coming weekend and I asked them numerous times when to expect my package....they told me it was shipping in from Europe thus delayed. I emailed them last night telling them I need an estimae on when I will receive it as I wanted it ASAP so I can get it tailored before an event I am attending on the weekend.....today they email me saying the suit I ordered is no longer available....lol wtf...screw suitsupply

7. MMoon24

MMoon24 Well-Known Member

Sad to hear these horror stories. I like some of their suits, but I guess I'll have to wait until the Dallas location opens up.

8. ericH123

ericH123 Active Member

Personally, I have had good luck with ordering from suitsupply. I've only had 1 logistics hiccup where they accidentally put a return label on the box instead of the shipping label. I called toll-free customer service, no hold time, courteous rep overnighted me a replacement the next day. Also, refunds have been fast. Most recently: Return shipment received Oct 24, refund processed Oct 30; return shipment received Oct 29, refund processed Nov 1. For reference, I live in NY, and my shipments have come from Texas and NJ.

9. gotitwenineed

gotitwenineed Well-Known Member

I have had similar experiences with them so i no longer shop there. They suck!
    [​IMG]

Get my stuff from a MTM guy in the City now and dont have to deal with any of the "logistic" issues...

10. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Well-Known Member

hey suitsupply, I ordered that suit 3 hours ago, how come it hasn't arrived yet? yeah yeah I know I ordered 7 sizes and 3 different fabrics because I don't know if I'm a 36S or a 44L or if I like blue or tan or green, but you'll figure that our for me right? but that's besides the point, because I needed it 2 days ago! you have to anticipate my needs for crying out loud. at this piont you should have algorithms that know what I need before I even get the invitation to the event. that's what google does right? c'mon you euro bastards, get your act together or I am going to take my money to indochino.

calm down homeys. you can't get mad at them for not standing next to UPS when the package is dropped at your door, or when you order something barely a week from an event and it doesn't go off without a hitch. a week's delay in shipping is not a horror story; these are unfortunate occurrences. we all assume customer service is an all-knowing beacon of knowledge but often that is far from the case. I also suspect this isn't the first thing you've ordered on the internet that didn't 100% meet your expectations. It happens. I'm sorry you all aren't wearing your stuff. My heart pours out for you. But you're not the first, and won't be the last. Tis life in retail.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
    9 people like this.
  11. nemesis01

nemesis01 Member

Actually I order stuff from the internet all the time and have never had anything quite like this happen....its one thing to be a week behind, its another thing to take so long to keep customer informed of whats going on, and its a complete other thing for me to wait a week and then be told "hey sorry your item actually doesn't exist and all that stuff we told you about is shipping from Europe...ya we just made that up". Funny enough the size and suit I ordered is still an option on the website as well...lol

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  12. otc

otc Well-Known Member

lol @ people ordering things from some massive deep discount outlet sale, for events that are occurring close to the expected shipping date, without even knowing if the suit will fit and without leaving time for alterations.

4 people like this.
  13. gotitwenineed

gotitwenineed Well-Known Member

EXACTLY!! Either plan ahead or get somthing custom made

14. nemesis01

nemesis01 Member

who said I ordered from the outlet site? And yeah I ordered over a week in advance...that should have been enough time

15. ChasingBobby

ChasingBobby Well-Known Member

Im pretty sure its not first incident in our lives...but we are all just sharing our experiences so far...I mean this thread not just solely based on their products but the entire integrity of their overall customer service....I have receive no notice with any shipping confirmation. The only email was ...
    "we received your purchase and will be processed shortly. You will receive another email with shipping confirmation".

Well, I didn't receive that email, so I contacted them and still no response...

16. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Well-Known Member

All of time and space, everything that ever was or

No offence, but I think you are missing the point here. No one is asking them to stand next to a UPS. This is also not about an unforeseen circumstance causing a weeks delay. The issue here is that SuitSupply is shipping items from overseas instead of their normal US based warehouses without communicating this to the customer at the time of the order being placed. It's not normal for the brand and it's not unreasonable for customers to be surprised or even a little upset to find out this happened days or even a week after placing an order and checking on it's status.

All they really need to do here is let the customer know where the item is shipping from before they finalize the order. The failure to do so is simply not good customer service.

Having said all this, people be proactive! If you have an event coming up get your ducks in order well in advance. No reason to be ordering a suit with so little time to do exchanges and get alterations done.

17. jimanchower

jimanchower Well-Known Member

After buying and returning 4 suits and 2 jackets from the outlet, I bought this green cotton linen Copenhagen jacket and I'm really pleased. The fit is spot-on and it's a nice casual jacket for mild weather. I ordered it over a weekend and it shipped out of NJ the following Monday. A very good buy (for me) at $149.

18. mxtwoforty

mxtwoforty Active Member

Remember that these orders are from a newly released outlet website that isn't even fully open to the general public (See: Earlyaccess). Go figure it's a bit quirky.

19. lierre

lierre Well-Known Member

Anybody? The link is working for me...

20. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Well-Known Member

All of time and space, everything that ever was or

Read nemesis01's post. He didn't order from the outlet. Neither did my friend who ordered a suit for his wedding almost two weeks ago and it's not supposed to arrive till Wednesday.

I don't know why some of you guys are assuming all the people complaining about these shipping delays are talking about outlet buys. :confused:

As I said, if they are going to ship from overseas that's fine. Just let the customer know before they complete the order so they can make an informed decision.