Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

What would you wear with it, if used as an odd jacket? White on blue check is very striking and I'm struggling to think what would work with it. Beige/cream trousers are an obvious choice, but I'm assuming the jacket is a bit too heavy for summerwear (I suppose white flannels might be an option in winter though). Pale grey trousers? Maybe, but not ideal. All the usual darker/saturated autumn/winter colours aren't going go well IMO. If the jacket had an earthy check, I'd say sure, wear it as an odd jacket. But the off-white check makes it really tricky I think. Best off as a suit, and obviously it's a very eye-catching suit. For me, it's one of those items that's kind of cool on others but I'd find pretty tricky to integrate into my own life. Obviously, ymmv.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013

2. ABCXYZ

ABCXYZ Active Member

If you are going to FU, then you're not out to impress anyone, it's all about you. 5 mins is plenty

3. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

lol....maybe for a tiny little guy like you it is [​IMG]

4. katabatic

katabatic Senior member

I think it would do very well for casual style -- wear the jacket with some faded blue jeans, and the vest would go great with a vintage denim jacket, too. Burn the pants.

5. mustardontoast

mustardontoast Active Member

6. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

7. emiristol

emiristol Senior member

wrt the loud blue jacket: i can only see it going with denim and cream chinos, and solid shirts, but i really do like the pattern

also, does SS periodically release new styles throughout the season, or is what we see on the website at the moment all we're going to get?

8. chocsosa

chocsosa Senior member

I'll be in DC next week for a business trip. So I am making it a priority to stop in the SS store there.. I only have the Napoli options.. but I want to see how the Lazio and Washington fit..I'll try to take pics as well if they will let me..

9. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Senior member

Anyone know if more jackets will from the s/s collection will drop to $149?

10. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

What you see is what you mostly get. After following them for 18 months, the only "new" items that I've seen show up mid-season are really just restocks of older staples. A pinstripe suit my disappear for a few weeks, then show back up.

11. Celadon

Celadon Senior member

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013

12. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

13. Celadon

Celadon Senior member

It looks remarkably good for being a shortened version of a regular length jacket. I would have expected some additional changes being needed (like moving the pockets or buttons), but it seems to work just fine as it is.

14. Celadon

Celadon Senior member

The talk of sizing gets confusing in part due to the fact that SS uses different sizes and measuring units depending on where one is (or appears to be) when connecting to their webshop. To get a better idea of the UK sizes I used a proxy to connect to SS from a British IP. I had to delete some cookies, but after that it showed me UK sizes and inches (rather than the "continental" sizes and centimetres).

An oddity is that the the UK version of the "product dimensions" table (at least for the Soho fit) shows an additional size at the smallest end of the regulars. The smallest regular in continental sizing is a 44, corresponding to a UK34. The UK version shows an additional size 32, not present in the continental table. No such thing with the long or short sizes.

15. tdude

tdude Senior member

I took advantage of the sale price and ordered the blue soho jacket. Been scared to try them out because the measurements don't seem like a match for my bodytype. Typically I need 19" for shoulders, and my chest measures 43 so I need at least 45 for a slim fit and 46-47 for some comfort. To go up to a 19 on the soho, would give put me at their size 44, with the chest toward the larger size at almost 47. I decided to try the 42 instead, and I think it works. Fits my shoulders well even the product measurements list 18.5 for shoulders. My guess is the natural shoulder with a fuller sleeve head is why. Anyway, just another long explanation for why the listed measurements didn't actually forecast which size would work for me. Really just had to try it on. I'll post pics and ask for feedback from you guys soon.

Would y'all consider the Havana to be essentially the SB version of the soho? Or at least the nearest to it?