Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Very helpful, thanks. How does the quality compare with a Brooks Brothers 1818?

2. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

Sorry for the generalisation, I'm not that familiar with BB suits as rightly or wrongly I tend to see them as often a bit 'safe-business conservative' whereas SS seems to have a lot more flashy materials and colours - nailheads, sharkskins, royal blues, wide chalk stripes ... most of which could be worn for business as long as the dress code isn't too starchy but will set you apart from the more typical navy/charcoal/pinstripes.

I also forgot to mention that the Napoli has a really nice roped shoulder whereas the Jort as pictured above has the shirred shoulder which may be an acquired taste.

p. s. There's another model priced I think between these two (Sienna?) with slanted pockets and a ticket pocket but I didn't try it on so can't comment.

3. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

Can you guys tell me more about the "jort" pieces? I've heard they're fully canvassed, so I'm interested. What other details do they have? Shoulder construction? Are they all around $1K?

4. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

The Jorts I saw were all $999. Three button rolled down so not a hard three. Centre vent. Horizontal pocket flaps. Shirred shoulders but I don't remember the pleating looking as extreme in real life as they appear in the photo above. Minimal shoulder padding. Bright colourful lining. Pick stitching. Four working sleeve buttons. Nipped waist but not too extreme. Flat front strides, with watch fob pocket, again narrow but not extreme. Some very lightweight fabrics that drape well.

5. gumercindo

gumercindo Senior member

Do they seriously have a line called "jort"? what an awful name.

If they only knew...

6. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Ha I thought that as well so I googled it. Best I could find was a Lower Normandy city in France. Everything else is either people or a collection of awful shorts.

7. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Google Jort Kelder.

8. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

Thanks to our resident Dutchman. It's a Dutch company so its probably pronounced 'yort'. Still it doesn't sound so exotic as Sienna or Napoli!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012

9. TheTukker

TheTukker Senior member

Dutchman with a somewhat questionnable reputation. It's certainly in line with their ad campaigns in that teaming up with him attracts a certain attention.

[​IMG]

10. WaterlooMike

WaterlooMike Well-Known Member

I've just placed my order for this:

http://www.suitsupply.com/shop/3.C473/Jacket?filter_27=736

Needed something that can be worn casually to the racetrack, family functions, etc, and I feel like the lightweight nature of the cloth will serve well this summer. There haven't been a lot of the Washington model pictured in any of the S/S threads, and the discussion has been pretty limited to "it's slim" so I'll try to get some pictures up when it arrives. I'll also post my impressions about true to size, etc. Very interested to see what arrives at my door.

11. johnnyletrois

johnnyletrois Senior member

I tried on a Washington (40r) SC last week and sized up from the Napoli (38r). I also sized up with the Jort (40r).

12. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or

Pics would be great. I am considering it too.

13. allyouzombies

allyouzombies Member

Anyone here who is tall and thin have experience with their suits?

I'm 6'1", 150lbs with a fairly narrow chest. Considering ordering one of their suits online since I don't live near a store. Wondering if it would even be worth it or if their suits would hang off me.

14. Trompe le Monde

Trompe le Monde Senior member

the copenhage is very tight in the waist.

im 5'10.5 / 155lb , and the italia 36r fits perfect in shoulder with maybe just a teeny bit of pinch in the waist
    the copenhagen 36r fits well in shoulder but far too nipped in the waist

im extrapolating but it should work well for you. the body and sleeve length on both are a tad longer for their marked size, so that helps too

15. allyouzombies

allyouzombies Member

Interesting...

I'm looking at the Napoli suit. I emailed them for specs on them and they recommended a 38L. But your comment makes me wonder if just a 38R would be better.