Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. katabatic

katabatic Senior member

I believe it may vary by model. A while back someone posted comparison shots of a regular and long of the same model - I believe it was a Havana, that indicated that the only difference between them on that model was the overall length and sleeve length. The button stance was identical - they just lengthened the hem, giving the long a proportionately higher button stance.

IIRC, the shorts are sometimes very different from the regulars.

2. plainnerd

plainnerd Well-Known Member

My Soho jacket just came in and I can't quite decide if I like it or not. The material feels great, I like the color, and it seems to fit well, but I just don't know when I look in the mirror. Any opinions? Ignore the pants, they were just what I was wearing when it showed up.

[​IMG]

3. WorldWideWafflz

WorldWideWafflz Senior member

I think you should go with your gut instinct and return it. The Soho cut isn't very suited to your frame.

4. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

If it's not a full suit, then return it. It looks like you're wearing a peacoat.

5. plainnerd

Yeah, it's just not flattering on me in any way and does no favors to my cycling body. Other jackets and suits make me think "I look good in this" this makes me think "well I really like the fabric." It'll go back in the morning.

6. WorldWideWafflz

WorldWideWafflz Senior member

Cycling? Where do you ride?

As a fellow cyclist I find the Washington cut (the full lined is the best, I almost can't believe how well it fits, and would be my only choice for a suit. The half-lined works in a pinch for sport coats--it's just a tiny bit short and tight even for my scrawny torso) to be excellent if you can handle the peak lapels casually, you were going DB odd jacket so I'm assuming you can. If you want notched I think the havana is basically the same cut as the half-lined Washington and that's what they do most of their jackets in so you'd have a lot of choices if you went with it.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013

7. plainnerd

I spent the last 10 years racing UCI Pro, now I'm retired and into the normal working life, I've still got the severely underdeveloped upper body and strong lower body though (32 chest 31 waist).

I picked up the Washington a few weeks ago actually and really like it, it fits well with only a few small tweaks so I decided to take a shot at this while on sale.

8. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Yeah, definitely not flattering on him. Return++.

FWIW, here's a Soho on someone (me) who, by contrast, does virtually no exercise. Not the same material as his, but just to show the fit can look very different on different people.

9. konda

konda Senior member

The Soho is good for a skinny frame and for people whose asses are close to the width of their shoulders. Based on the picture your ass is considerably wider than your shoulders (i.e cycler's ass) thus making the Soho look like a bell.

[​IMG]

10. yjeezle

yjeezle Senior member

I'm of a similar build... what would you suggest for more "hourglass" shaped bodies?

11. emiristol

emiristol Senior member

I feel as though the jacket from this suit would work well as a SC, but I can't really judge with the trousers and the waistcoat in the picture. Anyone care to weigh in?

[​IMG]

12. landshark

landshark Senior member

Definitely yes. But you should wear the whole suit.

13. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Is Canani a Chinatown knock off brand?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013

14. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

If you're gonna say FU, then you gotta go all the way with the full suit. I'd wear a huge flowering PS too. Stomp around the office with your phone in your hand, Ari Gold style, like you've got somewhere important to be, all the while smiling at people in a way that makes them wonder "is he giving me a hello smile, or is he staring into my soul and is about to rip me to pieces?" Then grab the nearest foxy lady and start making out with her in front of everyone, lead her back to your office, put up the "back in 5 minutes" sign, and slam the door. I think it could work as a SC.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013

15. Trompe le Monde

Trompe le Monde Senior member

5 minutes is not very impressive