Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Senior member

Afaik, the way it usually works is that if the package doesn't turn up at all UPS's insurance will pay out Suitsupply (not the retail price but their cost for this jacket which they would have to reveal to UPS).

2. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

Maybe not their fault, but ultimately, it is their responsibility to see that you get the merchandise you ordered. Since SS is the shipper, they are the ones who have to deal with UPS, collect the insurance, etc.. The recipient doesn't get to do that.

3. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

Someone may have stolen it. The likely problem is that they didn't load it onto the driver's truck. At the end of the day, the driver probably just assumed that he/she had delivered it because it wasn't in the truck. You'll probably get it this week.

4. sean anon

sean anon Senior member

Just purchased a Napoli cut suit. My tailor thought the fabric was nice, styling and fit good but the shoulders and padding looked cheap and a bit off. Anyone have similar feedback or opinion on this?

He wants to work on the shoulder and change the pad to something a bit slimmer. I said ok but am worried now reading a bit more that this is a significant alteration. He did show me a Canali sportcoat he just did the same work on which looked nice

5. Kroaker

Kroaker Senior member

I wouldn't agree to what he is proposing. If the shoulders don't work for you, I'd return. If they do, enjoy the suit.

6. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery Senior member

+1

Further, to mess around with the shoulders at best will cost you big $$ from your tailor, and at worst, will cost you a suit + the tailors bill.

Napoli doesn't work for me, either. Thankfully there's a lot in Havana and Sienna offerings!

7. facet

facet Senior member

Just bought a couple sport coats and wondering if I can get your opinions on the fit (don't mind the ugly golf shirt). First one is the light brown Havana in linen

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The fit feels pretty good in the shoulders, although the armholes are not as high as I was hoping/expecting; I would have to get the waist taken in and sleeves shortened if I kept it. What struck me when I first tried it on was just how high the button stance was and felt when buttoning it up and it felt a touch short that I'm wondering if a regular would be better.

The second on is the Copenhagen light brown check

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fit seems to be better off the bat, although there seems to be something funky going on at the waist that I can't figure out. As well, I think that I wouldn't have enough room to shorten the sleeves at the ends (ie, it would have to be done at the shoulders, f#$%ing pre-cut functional buttonholes).

Since I'm at it: any feelings on which would be more versatile? It would be mostly for office use, and I already have a navy (don't like the fit too much so I'll replace sometime in the future) and a black/white herringbone so I was looking for something for the summer. If I was to stay with the Copenhagen, I'm a little worried the check pattern would make it harder to match as most of my shirts are sometime of plaid/check pattern already.... maybe I already answered my own question.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013

8. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

None of those is very versatile. If you don't have a proper navy jacket I'd make that your priority.

9. konda

konda Senior member

Light brown Havana if absolutely needed. Based on your questions you are already at a loss with the checked CPH so return it. But the Havana is too big so size down or do alterations. Remember working cuffs so check how big an operation shortening the sleeves is. Like Monkey said, go for a navy jacket. A man needs more than a single navy jacket anyways.

10. sean anon

sean anon Senior member

T

Thanks. I guess we will see as I already agreed and need the suit next month.

The shoulders fit me so I don't think he is changing them that much but rather didn't like the shape of the pad. At least that is what I am telling myself as I would like to not be out $600+ and with no suit for my event!

He was just mumbling about how the people in the factory messed up the shoulders and don't know what they are doing. He is charinging me $100 for the shoulders and a small tweak to the back. He said it was about 1-2 hours of work.

11. facet

facet Senior member

Thanks guys, appreciate the honest feedback and will be returning those.

12. kulata

kulata Senior member

He is probably going to reinforce the padding with massive padding for a suit designed to be soft. Please post pics when he is done with the surgery:D

13. sean anon

sean anon Senior member

No quite the opposite

He showed me a Canani sportcoat he had just worked on. He was talking about softening the shoulders a bit more

14. sean anon

sean anon Senior member

Better detail from whom? I am not experienced with tailored clothes and he is the expert

15. bapelolol

bapelolol Senior member

Are the jacket proportions on regular and short the same (short = just shorter sleeve/body) or are they noticeably different? The measurements for short jackets seems like they are wider in the chest/upper waist but shorter in the sleeve/length.