Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery Senior member

Holy titties that's amazing. Go for it dude!

I might have to get one for myself! Haha!

2. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Depends on if you would rather wear a herringbone coat or a textured coat. FWIW, I have a brown herringbone tweed SC , and I feel like I have to wear only solid shirts underneath. I also have a grey tweed SC that is just rough textured like the Lazio you quote, and it's a little easier to change up the shirts.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013

3. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Been awhile since someone put up a suitsupply pic just because, so here is what I'm wearing today. Napoli that I bought in spring 2012. (excuse the slightly fuzzy pic, I am teaching my 3.5yo girls to hold the camera steady). Yes, I know that I need to pull my pants up. Cheers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. TM79

TM79 Senior member

+1. I have a nice brown herringbone but end up only wearing solid shirts with it

5. Keal19

Keal19 Senior member

Stock Update: I Have covered my costs for the trip, so now looking to liquidate my stock! If your a size 38R and you haven't already had a look... You can see here what is available... https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9inwxdudrupqoo4/eQCTf0yBmj

40L Washington Half SCs
    42S Washington in gray
    44S Washington in gray

44R Napoli in charcoal, light gray and mid gray.

All prices are extremely reasonable, roughly £120-140 for the suits.
    PM me if you might be interested.

Thanks

6. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

I wanted a new linen suit, so thought I'd give the cream Soho a whirl, while also getting this blue one which I regretted not buying when I first tried it on a while back. The blue is great (I knew it would be) but I would not recommend the cream suit at all. Colour & fit are perfect, but the material is damn lightweight/sheer that the trousers are basically see-through. Ridiculously so, and unwearable.

Anyway, I'm returning it. Quick & silly question: the package came with a smaller box, which I presumed was for returns, but I would have to leave out the hanger & garment bag due to space limitations. For those of you who've returned stuff, is that OK, or do I have to reuse the massive suit-sized box it came originally in?! The returns instructions are ambiguous but appear to imply the latter which seems stupid.

7. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Senior member

You should definitely use the big box! (They only use the smaller boxes to prevent the suits/jackets from moving around.)
    Why would it seem stupid?

8. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Thanks for the reply; I'll use the big one then.

It just seems excessive to me, given that the item is going need to be checked over & presumably pressed nicely by them before being resold anyway. I can understand shipping to the customer in a big box, to prevent too much creasing and so it's generally pretty on arrival, but it seems less costly & more environmentally friendly to ship returns back in as small a box as possible given they'll need to press it again anyway. It's also easier in terms of sending it back if, like me, you keep an irregular/unpredictable schedule and therefore don't want to commit to a collection time and want to drop off the package instead. I don't know how it works in the USA, but over here, many UPS drop-off points within other shops have a size limit and so for bigger items you need to go to a dedicated UPS centre. That happens to only be 15-20 minutes from me so it's no problem, but I can imagine it being a nuisance for others.

Thanks again for the reply.

9. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Senior member

Well, assuming most people treat the suits/jackets the same way they would in a store (just try them on for a few minutes and not wear them long hours) I doubt they have to press many of the returned suits. Maybe some of the linen ones.

10. Jeffijers

Jeffijers Member

If the 42S washington is still avail i want it!!

11. yjeezle

yjeezle Senior member

you don't. i've had no problems returning it with a regular sized box (i thought i was going to keep it, but then i realized it would cost me over $200 to get some stuff tailored :\).

I try to return the hanger and garment bag though..

i pulled the trigger on 3 of the jackets over the weekend. sad to find out that only 1 of them was in stock :(

12. atoms

atoms Senior member

Donuts, Looks very nice. Thanks for posting.

13. atoms

atoms Senior member

I'm not too much into fit photos, but here's an interesting one eating dessert on a date with my Washington Green Plain Linen. It's probably my favorite jacket at this point. I received one compliment from a stranger at the airport and my date liked it too. Very nice summer jacket and quite affordable if you like that sort of thing!

[​IMG]

14. Smahatma

Smahatma Senior member

15. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

^^ This made me LOL this morning....