1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Yeah, I was looking at the Lazio, but I'm having a hard time choosing fabrics. A pinstripe would work in the office, but might be too business-like for a night out, and the plain fabrics are very light grey.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
  2. MrTopCat

MrTopCat Senior member

Quick question; does anyone know how much the Washington fit's jacket can be shortened from the cuffs and the bottom?

(I'm 5'6 with a small chest size and they don't do 34S online, only 34R.)

3. dufferin1

dufferin1 Senior member

4. SloopyNoob

SloopyNoob Senior member

It's loud :) Not sure about the description of the material, wool blend?

5. timotune

timotune Senior member

6. timotune

timotune Senior member

That's right. The last time I went into a brick&mortar suitsupply-store in July, they had a really nice plain navy Lazio hanging there. I am a fool for not buying it...
    Imho, Lazio is the best sb fit of suitsupply (save for the LaSpalla): no ticket/slanted pockets, nice lapel width, good buttoning-point height etc.
    Might be the only fit I will be buying from them in the future.

7. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Senior member

Looks like the website removed all the Christopher fits....That style was ugly anyway. Has anyone actually purchased one?

8. Syeknom

Syeknom Senior member

Lazios are king for sure.

Monkey: go for something dark, solid and preferably in like a mohair blend if the still do any this season. Mohair is great for the evening.

I went to the outlet in roosendaal last week. Nice store but odd selection (especially in 48s) and random pricing. Did find a nice fuzzy pinstripe Napoli for €99 though. The Napolis need a lot of tailoring to fit me but it's cheap enough that it doesn't matter.

9. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Yeah, that's what I was looking for, but all of the Lazio fabrics are way too light. I was thinking of getting this one instead: http://eu.suitsupply.com/en_GB/suit...id=Suits&prefn1=styleFit&prefv1=Luxury-Sienna

Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  10. timotune

timotune Senior member

The Sienna is great (I have two Siennas myself), but I will not get any more of this cut, because:
    - the lapels are borderline skinny
    - the ticket-pocket
    - slanted pockets

11. LEgoiste

LEgoiste Senior member

Does SS ever have a sale, like on Black Friday?

12. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

I have one as well, bought it on sale. I really like the fabrics they use for it, but you're right about the skinny lapels. I don't mind the ticket pocket or slanted pockets that much though. I'd prefer a Lazio with Sienna fabrics, that would be perfect.

1 person likes this.
  13. Syeknom

Syeknom Senior member

No

Their outlets in the Netherlands offer reduced prices and very occasionally a certain piece will be reduced online, but otherwise there's no sales.

14. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

No love for the Napoli Timo?

I have a Jort also, which I think is now called LaSpalla. It's really well made, not sure i love the shirred shoulders but love everything else about it.

15. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

The Lazio is my new favorite as well. I just bought the brown flannel check, which I love.

I personally hate the Napoli. The pants are too tight in the thighs. The jacket is too loose around the waist. The buttoning point is too high, causing the jacket to flair out like a skirt. Any attempt at waist suppression just makes it flair out more.

The Jort/la spalla is nice. I had to have the jacket let out slightly and the pants taken in a little. Really the only reason I haven't gotten another is the price, though I still believe it is a good value.

I think the shoulders on the Jort are it's best feature.

16. jimanchower

jimanchower Senior member

I've got this Havana jacket on the way, set to be delivered on Tuesday. I was looking at clothes this evening and pulled up the link. The material description says wool-hemp-cashmere. A day or two ago the "hemp" bit wasn't in there. The item number is the same as what I ordered. What gives? Guess I'll wait and see what the tag says.

17. giaour

giaour Active Member

So I followed the size advisor, which I now see was dumb. This 38R Napoli is a good deal too small for me and I'll have to return it. From what I can tell, the shoulders are good, but the button point is a bit tight, and the sleeves are 1-1.5 inches short, which thanks to the surgeons cuffs couldn't even be altered that much.

The pants feel much too tight. Is tightness in the thigh causing the unsightly rippling at the back of the leg? I compared another pair of pants I have that fit nicely and they have about 2 inches more in the thigh. Unfortunately SS doesn't give thigh measurements online--I'm going to try calling tomorrow to see how much that measurement increases with each size up.

I'm trying to determine if I need to go up one size or two, but I'm worried about how that will affect the shoulders. I kind of need suits now for a new job but maybe I should just wait until I can visit nyc to try on different fits in person.

Would really appreciate feedback on how I might find a better fit.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Watchaholic

Watchaholic Well-Known Member

Been contemplating that one since it was posted in the Pre-order as I really like the colour but the date kept getting pushed back so never quite managed to finish the order. If you do go ahead with it, some pics would be greatly appreciated

That is a beautiful jacket, hope the fabric really is what it says on the site.

19. mothon

mothon Senior member

Does anybody have any experience with SS boots? I really like the look but I am not sure if they are quality or not.

20. yoose

yoose Well-Known Member

wanted to share my good experience at the Shanghai store. I went in last week and decided on a Washington. had them make some adjustments and went to pick it up yesterday. the sleeves ended up being too short. they were not adjusted, but maybe other adjustments affected the overall length, I had the sleeves slimmed. so I was trying them on and one of the other sales associates comes by and says that he doesn’t think it’s the right size for me. I had a 40R that I had slimmed, but he brought me a 38L and it immediately felt better. he offered to exchange it for me, make some minor adjustments all at no additional cost to me. I was happy with just extending the sleeves on the 40R, but they were unhappy with it because they thought the 38L fit me better. I know some would say they should have gave me the 38L to begin with, but I find it valuable that they offered to exchange the suit without me asking for it, because they thought it was a better fit, which it was.

will see how everything turns out next week. if everything turnsout well I may look into picking up a Lazio, but they do not have a lot of the items in stock. Does anyone have experience with the blue line? it says a few adjustments can be made, what can or cant be adjusted? it sounds like you pick an existing style and they will make it with your choice of cloth and the adjustments taken into account so its made to your size from the factory. is that accurate?