1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

It's a painful trade-off, I know.

1 person likes this.
  2. Hordie

Hordie Member

Are the E. Thomas wool cashmere blend jackets (C684 ans 5) poly free? Couldn't find anything with the search function. The C685 looks great...

3. Keal19

Keal19 Senior member

Just thought I'd give people here a heads up seeing as its a captive audience! I'm putting up two washington 38R suits on the B/S tomorrow, both worn about 2 or 3 times each and in perfect condition. Models are in pics below, if you want them then just send me a PM with a reasonable offer.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Jigg

Jigg Senior member

So much info here, Sienna fits great in the shoulders but would like to stay within the Napoli price range. Napoli's shoulders don't fit as well. Could a tailor fix that or is it not worth all of the trouble?

5. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Senior member

How many blue havana jackets does SS need to have on the site?!?!?![​IMG]

6. Hordie

Hordie Member

90% wool, 10% cashmere, according to their service.

7. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Shoulders are hard. what exactly is wrong with them?

8. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

9. Jigg

Jigg Senior member

They're a bit wider, not as form fitting.

10. StephenB

StephenB Senior member

Uhg, The Sienna was the bane of my trip when I went to suitsupply. The sienna had the patterns I wanted in my size but I could not get over the shoulders, far too soft and the shoulder head was weak and floppy.

I mean come on, look at the shoulders on this model: http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/sienna-grey-plain/P3486I.html

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  11. NefariousSabatour

NefariousSabatour Senior member

did you try sizing down?

its way easier to get the shoulders right first and then have the sides and back let out than it is to do anything in the shoulders.

12. Jigg

Jigg Senior member

I didn't try that, the jacket barely buttons closed with a 40 in Sienna. Do you think a Napoli 38 would be able to be taken out more than an inch?

13. hamiltonian

hamiltonian New Member

Just ordered a Sienna in store.

Went with a 38 (R) but am a bit concerned about whether I should've gone with a 36.

The 36 fit my shoulders very well in both Sienna and Napoli. After buttoning, the midsection was just a *tad* tight in both suits, however.

The 38 Napoli was too big in shoulders, but the 38 Sienna seemed OK -- not as good of shoulder fit as the 36, but presumably not a deal breaker to my untrained eye.

My problem was I couldn't fit into either 36 trousers. At all. I have big hips and thighs. It was so tight that I don't think they could be taken out sufficiently by a tailor.

So the suitsupply guy suggested I stick with 38 Sienna since the trousers fit. Even if the shoulders weren't perfect. The midsection will need to be taken in a bit.

Just curious: anyone else have trouser fit be the determining factor in choosing a suit size?

I'm hoping the 38 was the right choice.

P.S.

According to the size advisor, http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/sienna-grey-birds-eye/P2444I.html?start=9&cgid=Suits

I am,
    Height: 72 inches
    Chest: 37 inches
    Upper waist: 33 inches
    Lower waist: 36 inches

It recommends my Sienna size as 36.

14. UrsusREX

UrsusREX Member

Anyone else getting a redirect loop error from the suitsupply website?

15. snowboardpunk

snowboardpunk Senior member

Debating if I want this as well, it just feels a little too dark for me...

16. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

The shoulders on the Sienna are very Italian, but there's nothing inherently wrong with that. I like the 'shirt shoulders'. The model is just wearing an ill fitting suit, and you know that. My Sienna looks very different, and the other pictures on the website look much better as well, you just picked the worst out of the bunch.

17. simple80t

simple80t Active Member

Hi Jigg,

Shoulders can be tricky, so it is always recommended to get a jacket that fits you there. This doesn't mean, however that nothing can be done. If the shoulders are too wide a skilled tailor can take them in for you, but at a price. An operation like this costs more than your typical alteration, so be prepared to pay.

You should think about looking at different cuts with Suitsupply and be aware that not every cut will work for you. For example, my body could never fit comfortably into a Copenhagen cut, so I don't even look at those models.

The important measurements can be found on their size advisor tool, so it's important to measure yourself to make sure the style will work for you.

18. Taylorstav

Taylorstav Senior member

Just got this one on the site for $149. Will be a good one for next summer!
    [​IMG]

19. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Could anyone recommend a SS suit that would work in a conservative office, but wouldn't look out of place during a night out either?

20. timotune

timotune Senior member

I

I'd go for the Lazio.