Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

Fit pics?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2013

2. atoms

atoms Senior member

I am having them shorten the left sleeve by 1/4" and shipping it to me, I live out in the burbs. I can try to post some pics the first time I wear it.

3. lierre

lierre Well-Known Member

Bump for opinions. I need to lengthen the sleeves, so should I add another button, or just have some extra room between the first button and the end of the sleeve? Any other major problems with fit?

Also, will the fall/winter collection probably have darker, more conservative choices than the spring/summer collection?

4. atoms

atoms Senior member

• lierre, that's a tough call. IMHO, if it were 1/4" I wouldn't even question it. But it looks like you may good 1/2" (or more?). If you're the kind of person who wears their pants with no break, then it's probably okay to lengthen the sleeves the minimum amount and forgo any button hole changes. It might also work well if you have some shirts slightly short in the sleeve. Otherwise, you may just have to pass on it.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2013

5. aizan

aizan Senior member

i'm thinking of getting the napoli, but their website doesn't say what the front rise on the trousers is. could anyone tell me where the waistband hits? across the navel or lower? tia.

6. timotune

timotune Senior member

Update on the Outlet trip:

I will be in Roermond next Monday.
    To keep this thread "clean", please PM me with your size and what you want me to look out for you.
    I will give you more info via PM then.

7. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

I wear mine comfortably just a tad above my hips. I just pulled them up to my belly button and the boys weren't squished.

8. TWEEEEEDDDDD

TWEEEEEDDDDD Active Member

I know a few of you were wondering about the tuxes. I picked up the midnight blue shawl collar a few days ago. Haven't taken it to my tailor yet but I can post pics if you are curious.

They offer a new "blue" shawl collar, be warned the new blue shawl tux is BLUE. Not midnight. If you are looking for midnight call the stores and order from a person, not via computer.

The blue is very BLUE, I wear some pretty loud stuff and even I was a bit surprised...

Anyways just wanted to chime in, hadn't been on the site for a while, figured I would comment...

9. tdude

tdude Senior member

Or Texas! (Sorry to jump on you Betel)

10. GradSchooler

GradSchooler Senior member

I'd be curious in seeing pics of the midnight blue tux.

11. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

I'm not familiar with SuitSupply, but I know that it's often recommended on SF. From the company site, I saw that one line is fully-canvassed. Does anyone have any evidence that the others are half-canvassed, or is that a forum fact?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013

12. pleco

pleco Well-Known Member

The La Spalla, once known as the Jort, is the only SS RTW line that is fully canvassed. Their MTM offerings are fully canvassed and start at a lower cost than the full priced Jort. I would recommend going with MTM unless you happen to fit the La Spalla cut. It appears to be best suited for someone with a big chest/small waist. MTM will get you a better result in the majority of cases.

13. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

Thanks for the information. How about the other rtw suits? Do you have any sources that say that they're half-canvassed? I recall someone here making that claim.

14. pleco

pleco Well-Known Member

I've asked in the London stores. The assistants all concur and I believe the forum does too. If you email their customer service, I can all but guarantee you they will say the same as well.

15. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

All my ss stuff is half-canvassed. Just do the pinch test and find out for yourself.