1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Frankie22

Frankie22 Senior member

I own it. Will post pics as I am wearing the jacket tmrw night. Not midnight i.e almost black, but def not super bright. I really like it.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  2. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Perhaps suit supply is putting some poly into their fabrics to make up for the ridiculously fast shipment times. That UPS bill can't be cheap. I ordered 2 suits, a sport coat and a belt Tuesday the 17th at 4:33pm EST. It went out in 2 packages both on Wednesday, one at 5:27am from the Netherlands, the other at 5:37pm EST from New Jersey. One package was just delivered (Louisville) and the other is scheduled for today. Can't beat that turnaround.

3. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Do you per chance own the Manahattan one? They released two different shawl lapel tuxedos, one darker blue and one lighter blue. I think he's talking about the lighter blue one, which is imho too light for a tux.

4. MTC87

MTC87 Member

Does anyone have experience with the Blue Line semi-MTM option? I'm wondering if it makes sense at $600, especially as compared against other MTM vendors at a similar price point (e.g., Thick as Thieves). I have no problem with the fact that Blue Line is limited to Napoli styling. As far as I'm concerned, the straightforward styling of the Napoli is actually pretty ideal. Super 120s is fine as well--I'm just looking for a workhorse navy suit to add to the rotation.

I stopped into the NYC location today and was bummed out to find that none of the OTR options even come close to being workable. My measurements are weird (40" chest, 30" waist), so any jackets that fit me were accompanied by pants that are way too big to be taken in.

5. BenMurphy

BenMurphy Well-Known Member

As the owner of a thick as thieves suit and a regular line suitsupply suit, I can tell you that Thick as Thieves is way nicer than anything suitsupply can make

6. kulata

kulata Senior member

TaT cut is awful IMHO

2 people like this.
  7. BenMurphy

BenMurphy Well-Known Member

I'm not a huge fan of the house cut but I think their traditional cut is great.

8. CousinDonuts

Part of what arrived this week is this Havana sportcoat. I'm a big fan already. It is grey based with some brown in the check and can be worn with grey, navy, and brown trousers. Also, compared to the plain blue Havana blazer in the same size that I bought in the spring, the length is about half an inch longer, and the button stance is half an inch lower.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  9. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

I ripped my current charcoal suit jacket yesterday and is looking to replace it before Oct 4th.

I am eyeing SS Napoli Plain Grey but want to be sure of the size I should get.

According to their website's Size Advisor, I am a 40S. However, based on some of the posts here, many people advise sizing down for the Napoli cut.

Just for comparison: BB Fitsgerald 40S jacket fits me off the rack nicely.

TIA.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  10. Miklas

Miklas Member

What is the fabric weight like? Good for summer or autumn?

I assume there is no synthetic fibers in the blend? :satisfied:

11. CousinDonuts

I just bought a Fitz sportcoat and I went with a 39R. I wear a 38R in SS Napoli.

It feels just a little bit thicker than the 2 wool-only Havanas that I have. Very soft. But also only partially lined. Despite the lack of lining, it might be too heavy for the summer, but I could probably wear it for nearly 3 seasons.
    The tag says 90% wool and 10% cashmere.

With this order I bought a new Napoli suit. My other 2 are both 38R, and for comparison I also bought a 38L. The button stance on the Long seemed lower than the coat is longer, if that makes sense. What I found odd was that the jacket felt like it was made for a bigger guy. It felt fuller through the body and the arms were bigger. But the pants were tighter at the waist and through the crotch. Needless to say, I'm sticking with my regular size.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  12. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

Thank you. Looks like my best bet is 40S.

13. chocsosa

chocsosa Senior member

I have not seen anything from them that looked even halfway nice..short cropped jackets with tiny as hell lapels..I have to concur with you Kulata..

1 person likes this.
  14. snowboardpunk

snowboardpunk Senior member

does suit supply have any sales instores? specifically the nyc location?

15. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Nope, only what's on sale on the website.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  16. OlafG

OlafG Senior member

How much is the outlet stuff reduced? Thinking about jumping on a Ryanair flight to Weeze and going to Roermond to buy some sport coats and shirts.

Can one contact them to see what they have in stock?

17. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Not worth the flight. A guy drove from London and just about broke even.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  18. spitshine123

spitshine123 Senior member

Which is... not very often at all. The only thing I've really seen on sale so far are a few sportcoats

19. Keal19

Keal19 Senior member

That was me, definitely is worth a flight if you plan on buying a few suits yourself and covering those costs by picking a few up to sell on. I more than paid for my trip and a couple of suits, got pretty decent money for most of them selling to a guy who sells suits on ebay and then the rest just went for what I paid for them plus my expenses on here, all in all a worthwhile trip. The outlet is a real mixed bag though in terms of pricing, plenty of bargains but then some stuff with very little knocked off. Shame I went whilst all the summer stock was there though, im planning another trip in a month or two to try and get some winter stuff!

1 person likes this.
  20. Keal19

Keal19 Senior member

Thanks for this, just picked up a Sienna for £189!