1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. coldsalmon

coldsalmon Senior member

As promised, here are a couple of pics of the Napoli Grey Faux Uni in natural sunlight, and close-up. The last pic is indoors, of course.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  2. Watchaholic

Watchaholic Well-Known Member

That looks quite good, did you size down as some have suggested in this thread when it comes to the Napoli fit or go with your normal size?

3. coldsalmon

coldsalmon Senior member

Thanks; yes, I am normally a 36R, and the Napoli fits me in a 34R. When trying on suits at the store, the Lazio fit me in a 36R.

4. sliq

sliq Senior member

thanks mate. looks the goods. lovely tie too; who makes it?

5. Steven29

Steven29 New Member

Hi did you ever tried the sienna fit, because I have kind of the same measurements like you, but don't know I should take the 34R or 36R?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  6. Steven29

Steven29 New Member

Hi did you ever tried the sienna fit, because I have kind of the same measurements like you, but don't know I should take the 34R or 36R?

(sorry for double post)

7. coldsalmon

coldsalmon Senior member

Thanks, I got it from Paul Stuart. It is sold as a grenadine, but I am too much of a noob to know whether it actually qualifies as grenadine; I suspect that it does not. The tag says "All silk handmade in New York."

Steven29: I did try on the Sienna but I did not seriously consider it because I don't like the slanted hacking pockets and the ticket pocket. I don't remember how the sizing compared to the Napoli.

8. Poncho1992

Poncho1992 Well-Known Member

I went back into SuitSupply after emailing them about my displeasure with the results of my Sienna (2 pages back I think - twisting sleeves, too tight etc). After several apologies they offered to replace it with a MTM of my choice with no extra cost! Had measurements taken on the spot and the staff were brilliant. Fit pics will be posted when I receive it, which should be at the start of November.

9. Poncho1992

I was the same fit in the Sienna as I was in the Napoli and the Lazio, if that helps.

10. Poncho1992

When I got my Sienna the assistant said it was fully canvassed.

11. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Sienna is half, but has hand attached shoulders

12. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

You got fxcked. Don't trust sales associates. They'll say anything to avoid saying "I don't know."

13. sinfjotli

sinfjotli Senior member

I have just received the Havana brown jacket from the fall collection (size EU48). What do you guys think of the fit? I am quite happy about it, though the buttoning point could be 1cm lower, and I am debating if I should tighten the waist a tiny bit. Thanks!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Senior member

Quote:Looks good...I would definetly tighten the waist on the jacket.

2 people like this.
  15. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Maybe have them tighten the front waist, because the shape of the back waist looks pretty good. I like it overall. Can you take an up close picture of the fabric?

16. sinfjotli

sinfjotli Senior member

Thank you. Here is the close-up. It looks like barleycorn tweed, though the fabric is much lighter than tweed. More like medium weight.
    [​IMG]

17. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

IMHO, don't narrow the waist further unless it's only through the front darts. If they take it in at the side seams, the back may buckle even more; it's already almost too tight at the back, if that's part of the reason it's crumpling there. Also, undo the basting stitches currently holding the rear flap down before making any tailoring decisions as while they're holding the vents closed, it may be disguising the actual fit there a bit.

2 people like this.
  18. ishakir

ishakir Well-Known Member

I have one from last year which is basically this one but in blue. I am usually a 40R and initially tried to get the same size for the top coat but had to return it as it looked a bit snug over a suit (especially when you add any additional layers such as a sweater / etc). I had to get the sleeves shortened and the waist brought in a bit but I could not be happier.

My advice to you would be to do the same, order one size up and then get it tailored.

On another note, I just sniped one of these guys: http://us.suitsupply.com/jackets/jacket-navy-plain-soho-c503/C503,en_US,pd.html?start=8&cgid=Jackets - this will be my 4th (!) SOHO, lol.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  19. ReginaldSpecter

ReginaldSpecter New Member

Long time lurker here on SF and now I'm looking to buy my first "real" suit. I am currently in college and need this for upcoming internship/job recruitment and based on what I've read, I feel that the Napoli best fits what I'm looking for (slim fit, but conservative enough for job interviews). I'm about 6'2 and 165lbs with a very lean build. I measured myself according to what the suitsupply size advisor needed and here's what I got:

Height: 74 in
    Chest: 38 in
    Upper Waist: 32 in
    Lower Waist: 34 in

It recommended that I get a 36 but that seems awfully small. My instinct is to go with a 38L, but I would appreciate any insight from anyone who is more familiar with suitsupply sizing. Thanks in advance

20. sliq

sliq Senior member

errr, Napoli is not a slim fit. if anything, it's the roomiest. with Napoli you'll need to size down by 1. e.g. if you are a size 38, get a size 36. best to go in store to check it out, or otherwise, order your current size and the size below you, then ship back whichever doesn't fit you.

having said that, mr. reginald specter i would've thought you'd be buying tom ford with massive peak lapell since your son rocks 'em.