• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

will42

Reaction score
Hi folks!

I just picked up this Light Gray Sienna Suit from Nordstrom Rack: https://www.nordstromrack.com/s/suitsupply-gray-notch-collar-two-button-suit/6513273 for $305 (with tax).

The tag on the suit has a $999 price tag. It is Sienna fit, 100% Super S150's from VBC.

I have another Sienna from SuSu in the same size so I assume I can get it tailored to the right fit. This would be a secondary suit for me - will only be worn occasionally.

I'm contemplating if I should keep it. Is this a good deal and worth keeping? Honestly, I'm not sure why this ended up in the deep discount at NR.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you just bought it because it was cheap, you should let it go. In my experience the things I buy just because they are cheap are the items I wear the least. If you do like it, then get it tailored and wear it in good health!

archipel

Reaction score
It is probably a good deal, but that shouldn't be a reason to keep it. Do you like it yes/no, do you plan on actually wearing it yes/no and can you justify the paid price for those two criteria?

I have indeed bought things on sale 'cheap' which I almost never wore. Then it's better to just not buy it, even if it is discounted.

St1X

Reaction score
Just received the most expensive suit in SuSu's range and it was delivered in a cheap suit bag :(
Better than the one I got in the store - this one at least has handles and is larger, but quality wise is much more inferior to their old bags

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone looking for a 42s Lazio suit in dark gray and navy. These are the exact same models as the ones that you can “mix and match” on their website. 36s waist trousers with a 27 inseam. Slight taper in upper and lower leg as well. $275/each or $500 for both. PM me for pics
Interested.

pomor

Reaction score
So they really are taking a break from outlets. If there was a winter one, like in the past, it would be happening right now - this week, so, this is in all likelihood a "no"

tilesomoole

Reaction score
FYI all - I'm interested in anything havana 44r or 46r lazio 46r

pants 36 or 38

I'm between sizes on almost everything .........

nttdocomo

Reaction score
So they really are taking a break from outlets. If there was a winter one, like in the past, it would be happening right now - this week, so, this is in all likelihood a "no"

I’m positive there’ll be no outlets for a while, smaller runs of everything all around I am thinking.

We’re quite a long way from “returning back to normal” if we ever do…

St1X

Reaction score
Anyone knows how Vincenza sizes compares to Bleecker and Verano?

davidazio

Reaction score

They can most likely get rid of leftover stock from the season at their physical outlets, without the expense and hassle of consolidating everything for an online outlet, deal with related CS, shipping, returns (in EU at least)...

Curious to see what the start of the new Spring/Summer collection brings. I've enjoyed the last few seasons and hoping to see more plain sport coats and casual shirts. Based on previous years we should start seeing first drops soonish

Davidos

Reaction score
Some colors of their trouser model Campo has disappeared from the online store the last couple of days. I ordered a pair two days ago and it was many sizes left in several colors that are now removed. Could mean that they are removing stuff to sell on an upcoming outlet?

kithking23

Reaction score
Some colors of their trouser model Campo has disappeared from the online store the last couple of days. I ordered a pair two days ago and it was many sizes left in several colors that are now removed. Could mean that they are removing stuff to sell on an upcoming outlet?
Could be the case

Davakint

Reaction score
Or just shelving to reintroduce at a later point.

Once had my eye on a coat which then was taken offline with quite a few available. Was able to order it after I sent them a message and didn't spot that particular coat in the coming outlets.

St1X

Reaction score
Seems like things aren't going that great for Suitsupply as there was another 10-20% price increase today. Second in 3-4 month. I wonder if they'll provide you with a decent suit bag this time?!

EUtroll

Reaction score
I don't know, if they feel that they're in a position to pass on increased costs they probably feel confident enough about their prospects?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads