• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pomor

Reaction score
They have always mixed new stock and old stock, with updated photos with the current models. And why shouldn't they, it's not like menswear stuff really goes out of style that quickly, or the products lose quality.

This.

The last few releases have been staggered, they release a few items every couple of weeks instead of doing one dump

Marccarlsson

Reaction score
I am ONLY purchasing from their outlet going forward. They only have themselves to blame. I don't think they're doing particularly well right now, to be frank.

P.S. I just looked at the women's section on their website. 90% of stuff there is discounted. Didn't someone say here that they're discontinuing the women's division and regret ever having it?

This is in fact wrong. I talk with the store manager in my local store, and they are actually doing extremely well, better than pre-pandemic. Their sales dropped big during the pandemin (no surprise), but with goverment funding from Netherlands, and the big outlets, they got the cash flow going to expand and are currently thriving. They have communicated internally that they aren't going to have outlets in the near future, to restore the brand image.

The womens division is a whole different issue though.

pomor

Reaction score
This is in fact wrong. I talk with the store manager in my local store, and they are actually doing extremely well, better than pre-pandemic. Their sales dropped big during the pandemin (no surprise), but with goverment funding from Netherlands, and the big outlets, they got the cash flow going to expand and are currently thriving. They have communicated internally that they aren't going to have outlets in the near future, to restore the brand image.

You are also the only store in Sweden. I think they need a store in Malmö, Oslo, Bergen, maybe a couple other places in Norway. They have the money! No store for Göteborg though - too blue collar!

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are also the only store in Sweden. I think they need a store in Malmö, Oslo, Bergen, maybe a couple other places in Norway. They have the money! No store for Göteborg though - too blue collar!
A city full of stevedores and fishermen. Göteborg <3

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The old staff that quit when I worked there seemed nicer than most of the current ones if I am honest though. I still go from time to time and say hi to Linus and Ted.

dapper3

Reaction score
This.

The last few releases have been staggered, they release a few items every couple of weeks instead of doing one dump

I don't like the staggered releases. I understand why it is done however, it's annoying when something you like releases after you've already purchased something else.

TheSupplier

Reaction score
Suitsupply doing extremely well and on the way back to profitability after the pandemic. I think they are still in the red for the year but are optimistic and think everything will stabilize.

From my side I’m seeing similar activity

The whole online webstore practically sold out in the summer and they had “outlet suits” in the main stores just to try and fill the suit wave/have something to offer customers.

As far as the online outlet goes I don’t have any info on when the next one is.

Maybe they will go back to the regularly scheduled Jan/July rhythm or maybe not since it’s so busy.

I think they are gonna watch and see what the Delta variant does and go from there.

A few years ago they decided to start up cycling the suits and reshooting and reposting them 2 to 3 years straight before sending them to outlet (depending on sales volume/popular) so that’s why you guys keep seeing the same stuff again and again.

Lastly, there isn’t much left over custom made in the outlets in NL. It’s more left over stock and orphaned jackets/pants

pomor

Reaction score
Suitsupply doing extremely well and on the way back to profitability after the pandemic. I think they are still in the red for the year but are optimistic and think everything will stabilize.

From my side I’m seeing similar activity

The whole online webstore practically sold out in the summer and they had “outlet suits” in the main stores just to try and fill the suit wave/have something to offer customers.

As far as the online outlet goes I don’t have any info on when the next one is.

Maybe they will go back to the regularly scheduled Jan/July rhythm or maybe not since it’s so busy.

I think they are gonna watch and see what the Delta variant does and go from there.

A few years ago they decided to start up cycling the suits and reshooting and reposting them 2 to 3 years straight before sending them to outlet (depending on sales volume/popular) so that’s why you guys keep seeing the same stuff again and again.

Lastly, there isn’t much left over custom made in the outlets in NL. It’s more left over stock and orphaned jackets/pants

Good info! Appreciated.

I don't understand airport locations - was at the Schipol one and it was dead, dead, dead. Like "no one walking in for half an hour" dead.

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I first saw Brooks Brothers go with airport locations that's when I knew they had lost their way

tilesomoole

Reaction score
Oh good gracious - I just finished the worst customer service experience I've ever had with anyone. Aaaaaat........SuitSupply (I won't mention which store). In the grand scheme of things it's only a pair of pants, and a decidedly first-world problem, but you guys might get some entertainment from the story.

Here's the short version in case anyone's interested - I originally bought a pair of pants on Jul. 8th. They were hemmed incorrectly (I ordered a cuff and they sent them to me without it). No big deal. I took them to my tailor who told me they didn't have enough remaining fabric to put on a cuff, so I started the exchange process. Still, no big deal.

The salesman, whom I called at work probably a dozen times since he never once got back to me, eventually told me that he had ordered new pants from another store. After calling him at work a couple more times, he told me that the pants would be hemmed the next day and I'd get a shipping confirmation.

I called the guy another three times to get the shipping info sent and it never came, though he insisted that the pants had been delivered, and actually said "We assume you're being honest with us".....as if I'm trying to steal a pair of pants. This made me laugh.

Unbelievable.

The fourth time I got ahold of him, last Friday, Aug. 27th, I told him to just read me this tracking number. He did................it was the original shipment from Jul. 15th.

It turns out the guy never sent me anything....never even ordered in the pants......just simply made up the story hoping I'd get frustrated and decide to keep the pants I had. Again, I had to laugh.

Amazing.

The store manager was apologetic and did try to find me a new pair of pants, but they're sold out of that summer style at this point. Just an amusing anecdote.

zurich64

Reaction score
Oh good gracious - I just finished the worst customer service experience I've ever had with anyone. Aaaaaat........SuitSupply (I won't mention which store). In the grand scheme of things it's only a pair of pants, and a decidedly first-world problem, but you guys might get some entertainment from the story.

Here's the short version in case anyone's interested - I originally bought a pair of pants on Jul. 8th. They were hemmed incorrectly (I ordered a cuff and they sent them to me without it). No big deal. I took them to my tailor who told me they didn't have enough remaining fabric to put on a cuff, so I started the exchange process. Still, no big deal.

The salesman, whom I called at work probably a dozen times since he never once got back to me, eventually told me that he had ordered new pants from another store. After calling him at work a couple more times, he told me that the pants would be hemmed the next day and I'd get a shipping confirmation.

I called the guy another three times to get the shipping info sent and it never came, though he insisted that the pants had been delivered, and actually said "We assume you're being honest with us".....as if I'm trying to steal a pair of pants. This made me laugh.

Unbelievable.

The fourth time I got ahold of him, last Friday, Aug. 27th, I told him to just read me this tracking number. He did................it was the original shipment from Jul. 15th.

It turns out the guy never sent me anything....never even ordered in the pants......just simply made up the story hoping I'd get frustrated and decide to keep the pants I had. Again, I had to laugh.

Amazing.

The store manager was apologetic and did try to find me a new pair of pants, but they're sold out of that summer style at this point. Just an amusing anecdote.
This is indeed an odd thing to happen. Hope the store manager deals with this to find out what happened.

SS orders come with a return label. Why didn't you just returned the old pants and ordered a new one?

mlcgloves

Reaction score
I have a pair of wool cashmere blend trousers from E. Thomas that are pilling around the crotch. Has anyone had any experience with this or know of any solutions? I have worn the trousers twice, mostly sitting in the office with minimal walking. I don't believe its a sizing issue as I have other trousers in the same size from Suitsupply that haven't had any issues.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A 2 year old SuSu Jacket and Waistcoat (part of a 3-piece) from the Havana range, wool silk linen.
Cavour trousers.
Stefano Bemer shoes.

in case anyone wonders about the fabric or how that pattern looks like. Ignore my silly face I am not the best at taking pics.
DSC05021.jpg DSC05022.jpg

Jazzthief

Reaction score
I have a pair of wool cashmere blend trousers from E. Thomas that are pilling around the crotch. Has anyone had any experience with this or know of any solutions? I have worn the trousers twice, mostly sitting in the office with minimal walking. I don't believe its a sizing issue as I have other trousers in the same size from Suitsupply that haven't had any issues.

I have a similar problem with a pair. I am not sure if they're a wool-cashmere blend, but they're from a E. Thomas fabric as well. It is a coarser flannel. The fabric is from a lower end of E. Thomas or simply not suited for trousers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads