• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pomor

Reaction score
Quick snap of the linen brown single pleat shorts. Quite happy with them. Got my usual 38

View attachment 1634540

I mean, they look fine, but I would personally prefer an inch or an inch and a half longer or I don't wear shorts at all. Even on very warm and humid days I feel like I can get away with linen or linen-blend pants just fine. Unless you are walking very fast or even having to sprint to catch a bus or something, I don't feel like showing off my lower body to anyone.

Honestly, you folks in Sweden have just had your couple of weeks of 30C plus weather, but in actuality it doesn't get that warm that often and for that long...

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mean, they look fine, but I would personally prefer an inch or an inch and a half longer or I don't wear shorts at all. Even on very warm and humid days I feel like I can get away with linen or linen-blend pants just fine. Unless you are walking very fast or even having to sprint to catch a bus or something, I don't feel like showing off my lower body to anyone
I agree that I would have liked them to be slightly higher rise and lengthier.

I am quite comfortable with my body and legs so I have no problem. And I didn't find them transparent either.

But for 100$ they were pretty good since I had no decent looking shorts and I am moving to Italy next year :D

pomor

Reaction score
I agree that I would have liked them to be slightly higher rise and lengthier.

I am quite comfortable with my body and legs so I have no problem. And I didn't find them transparent either.

But for 100$ they were pretty good since I had no decent looking shorts and I am moving to Italy next year :D
Have you started listening to Måneskin to practice your Italian?

pomor

Reaction score
Nah I am studying Russian again at the moment :p

Gotcha. I had a bad experience in Milan, almost got killed by a scooter. In fact, I did get run over but it could have been worse -- I just had bruises

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. I had a bad experience in Milan, almost got killed by a scooter. In fact, I did get run over but it could have been worse -- I just had bruises
I will be studying shoemaking in Florence. Come by at Pitti :D

BlairW

Reaction score
So huh, this place is pretty much dead unless there’s a new outlet sale?

Pretty much. I’ve been buying a bit through the custom program of late - a brown glen check wool silk linen jacket, same in a mid grey. Then a brown wool silk linen jacket as well which is on the way. Have also just now commissioned a full canvas navy tropical wool suit.
Here’s the brown jacket:

01DDFFF8-B8D8-4A1C-8917-A10036692634.jpeg

twodice1

Reaction score
Last edited:

kithking23

Reaction score
I have a few Spier shirts and trousers. Decent stuff, but can’t say they are better than Suit Supply.

Curious in what ways you prefer Spier?
I prefer SM as far as their price and suits,construction is better than SS in my opinion.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like SM, but the SS shirts fit me way better.

I also like SS's selection of neat fabrics. I wear suits casually, so the more interesting the fabric the better.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics