Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

nice-- I think that cinches the recommendation of this model to my buddy. thanks!

2. Mooncake

Mooncake New Member

Thanks [​IMG] Placed my order. Can't wait!

3. steffenbp11

steffenbp11 Senior member

Just received my light grey linen/wool lazio yesterday. I am having the pants hemmed, but as usual that is the only alteration I need. I thinkt this is my 6th SS suit :happy:
    I doubt I will find anything that fits be better OTR, and the quality is really good IMO. I´ve still to find a flaw in any of my garments ( not even a loose thread), and luckily the sizing has been very consistent and true to the measurements on the homepage. They seem to have changed the packaging a bit - the suit still comes in the trademark cardboard tombstone, but know it is also inside the garment bag, which is a nice touch.

I also bought some shirts recently. I am not sure I will do this again. They are ok and I use them regularly, but they are not nearly as good a deal as the suits ( which IMO are on par with much more expensive brands i´ve seen and handled). I know it's unreasonable to compare them to my favourite barbas, but I buy these during the sales, and at a price that is only about 1/3 more than the Suitup line form SS. Apart from the flimsy buttons ( plastic on the standard line) and the thin collars and cuffs, what bugs me the most is that the shirts are undarted eventhough they are slimfit. And I find that it's very hard to get a decent slimfit without darts (although barba somehow manage)...

4. The Gold Bug

The Gold Bug Well-Known Member

I'm actually selling two 36R Sienna suits in the B&S section if you're interested!

5. eHaberdasher

eHaberdasher Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Interesting... I'm a 38R and wear a 15.5 - sometimes a 15. So the same model is not always consistent across the board? I'm going to order a few suits online and check them out more closely in the privacy of my home without those sales guys hounding me... if I'm inspired and not lazy maybe I"ll take a few pics of some of the different models on me. Still doing research on this whole half canvassed market.

6. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Indeed, many people on here have complained about the inconsistent sizing, and I've experienced it myself as well. You just never really know whether a suit will fit the same, even if it's the same model. For example, I have a SS London suit that fits me perfectly, but as I was trying on a London in a different colour yesterday, I noticed it would need considerable tailoring to result in the same fit.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013

7. Kroaker

Kroaker Senior member

I really wish they would get a few more colors of the London fit here in the US.

8. steffenbp11

9. Kroaker

Kroaker Senior member

Looks great. Did you have to get any tailoring done?

10. eHaberdasher

eHaberdasher Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Is that an Isaia tie?

11. steffenbp11

No tailoring expect hemming. Tie is Drakes.

12. facet

facet Senior member

Is that a FIH knot? I see the same thing on the SS models and have wondered how do they get it so that it looks like a tube?

13. The Gold Bug

The Gold Bug Well-Known Member

That is a FIH knot, yes. But the one displayed on the SS website is a double FIH.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2013

14. yjeezle

yjeezle Senior member

on the sienna's what the heck does being "worn occaisionally" mean? like once a week? a month? a quarter? a year?

15. TM79

TM79 Senior member

You're looking at the fabric description of the super 130's line. That's not exclusive to Sienna. Super 130 is not meant to be an everyday suit.