• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earn a commission for the forum and allow us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

caschta

Reaction score
It's the Hudson Lapel - right between the standard sized Havana and the Wide Lapel Havana. I think the best proportioned by SuSu. I have the exact same jacket and it's one of my favorites. Don't have a proper pic though.

JIMIG

Reaction score
I apologize if this has been discussed previously, but I was wondering what the consensus is about the SuSu polos?

I am looking for navy short sleeve polos to wear both with chinos and with fresco and linen tailoring. I can see that they offer polos in cotton, cotton/silk and pure merino wool. Which one would you recommend? Thanks!

porscheguy

Reaction score
I apologize if this has been discussed previously, but I was wondering what the consensus is about the SuSu polos?

I am looking for navy short sleeve polos to wear both with chinos and with fresco and linen tailoring. I can see that they offer polos in cotton, cotton/silk and pure merino wool. Which one would you recommend? Thanks!
The advantage to merino wool is that wool is very resistant to picking up odors. It is machine washable. But it’s a bit delicate. But wont shrink if washed properly.
I was actually in SuSu DC today looking to buy the cotton navy polo. I’ve got the same one in white. They are cut slim. I’m 6’ tall, 205lbs, and plan to order one in 2XL because cotton shrinks, and European 2XL is like US large. BTW, the cotton polos have great collars, mother of pearl buttons, and are cheaper than Ralph Lauren Polo.

HeqaChasut

Reaction score
Gentlemen - I was wondering what the best way is to be notified that SuSu is having an outlet? I've been checking here almost every day to see if the outlet would open. Is there another way to be early when they open the outlet? I heard being subscribed to the newsletter you'd be notified, although rather late.

TheSupplier

Reaction score
The outlet only opens twice a year.

They never have discounts or sales normally.

outlet is usually in Jan and July. Based on how corona is going I think they will go back to their normal schedule.

HeqaChasut

Reaction score
Correct. Let's say they open one unexpectedly, or they do open one in July - what would be the best way to find out about it?

TheSupplier

Reaction score
We usually talk about it here and then sometimes you hear leaks from reps in store or customer service.

nevaeh

Reaction score
Correct. Let's say they open one unexpectedly, or they do open one in July - what would be the best way to find out about it?
For one, follow this thead. The people here seem to be in the know--generally before the official newsletter.

HeqaChasut

Reaction score
Seems like that, that is why I've been checking back here almost daily. Just wondering if there was another day. But okay, makes sense. Thank you!

Trit

Reaction score
Seems like that, that is why I've been checking back here almost daily. Just wondering if there was another day. But okay, makes sense. Thank you!
I sometimes hear about them here and sometimes find out from an email, which I assume is the newsletter? But I'm looking for the Canadian one so it really depends where you live since they make them region specific. Like US got Black Friday that Canada didn't but Canada got Boxing Day which US didn't, so they seem to be influenced by whatever are the big sales dates that already exist in the different areas. I view them as a random event that might produce something interesting for cheap but I wouldn't try to fill a closet off of outlet sales. Final sale is always risky.

zewill

Reaction score
I subscribe to the canadian newsletter (and then get those horible NSFW ads) but when I get notified for the outlet, it seems people have already gone at it for like 1 or 2 days which is very wierd.

No one knows, but i think they will go back to yearly outlets, if they do one at all. I has provided them with loads of cash, but has severely damaged their brand.Susu was the only brand I would purchase safely knowing discounts were not gonna happen. With all the utlets that happened, 1) i spent my budget on the stuff i wanted at discount and 2) im gonna avoid spending full price on susu stuff unless i fall in love with it!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What Is The Best Value Shoe Brand For Money?

• Meermin

Votes: 30 15.7%
  • TLB Mallorca

Votes: 31 16.2%
  • Cheaney

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Carmina

• Crockett & Jones

• Other

Votes: 63 33.0%