• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nevaeh

Reaction score
Correct. Let's say they open one unexpectedly, or they do open one in July - what would be the best way to find out about it?

For one, follow this thead. The people here seem to be in the know--generally before the official newsletter.

HeqaChasut

Reaction score
Seems like that, that is why I've been checking back here almost daily. Just wondering if there was another day. But okay, makes sense. Thank you!

Trit

Reaction score
Seems like that, that is why I've been checking back here almost daily. Just wondering if there was another day. But okay, makes sense. Thank you!

I sometimes hear about them here and sometimes find out from an email, which I assume is the newsletter? But I'm looking for the Canadian one so it really depends where you live since they make them region specific. Like US got Black Friday that Canada didn't but Canada got Boxing Day which US didn't, so they seem to be influenced by whatever are the big sales dates that already exist in the different areas. I view them as a random event that might produce something interesting for cheap but I wouldn't try to fill a closet off of outlet sales. Final sale is always risky.

zewill

Reaction score
I subscribe to the canadian newsletter (and then get those horible NSFW ads) but when I get notified for the outlet, it seems people have already gone at it for like 1 or 2 days which is very wierd.

No one knows, but i think they will go back to yearly outlets, if they do one at all. I has provided them with loads of cash, but has severely damaged their brand.Susu was the only brand I would purchase safely knowing discounts were not gonna happen. With all the utlets that happened, 1) i spent my budget on the stuff i wanted at discount and 2) im gonna avoid spending full price on susu stuff unless i fall in love with it!

porscheguy

Reaction score
I subscribe to the canadian newsletter (and then get those horible NSFW ads) but when I get notified for the outlet, it seems people have already gone at it for like 1 or 2 days which is very wierd.

No one knows, but i think they will go back to yearly outlets, if they do one at all. I has provided them with loads of cash, but has severely damaged their brand.Susu was the only brand I would purchase safely knowing discounts were not gonna happen. With all the utlets that happened, 1) i spent my budget on the stuff i wanted at discount and 2) im gonna avoid spending full price on susu stuff unless i fall in love with it!
I don’t think it damages their brand. I think it’s literally just a way to clear out old inventory, especially stuff that’s seasonal. Remember, most guys don’t shop and they make purchases based on needs at the moment. If my wife insists I need a new suit so we can plant her Aunt Gertrude this week, I don’t have time to wait for an outlet. The outlets to me are more for those of us “in the know.” I doubt many of their customers realize the outlets even exist.

zewill

Reaction score
I don’t think it damages their brand. I think it’s literally just a way to clear out old inventory, especially stuff that’s seasonal. Remember, most guys don’t shop and they make purchases based on needs at the moment. If my wife insists I need a new suit so we can plant her Aunt Gertrude this week, I don’t have time to wait for an outlet. The outlets to me are more for those of us “in the know.” I doubt many of their customers realize the outlets even exist.

Yes agree in part! But a lot for their outlet stuff recently was the full collection not done random collection of unsold crap (mind you, those were also present).
I received a sportscoats that was damaged. Managed to exchange for a regular collection item (ended up trying the jort full canvas bamboo sportscoats!) Full price was 600$ cad, got it for the same prise as the exchanged sport coat (around 200cad)

I think what they really wanted was to sell the stuff that had already been made for them. They needed cash badly like so many other businesses).

EthansAlley

Reaction score
Gentlemen - I was wondering what the best way is to be notified that SuSu is having an outlet? I've been checking here almost every day to see if the outlet would open. Is there another way to be early when they open the outlet? I heard being subscribed to the newsletter you'd be notified, although rather late.

@HeqaChasut From my experience, staying active on this thread is the best way to stay informed on the Outlet. You’re correct that the newsletter alert is too late, and I’m not aware of other forums that give you quicker Outlet alerts than this one. One of the best predictors that an Outlet is coming is that all of the sudden, a lot of the online merchandise is no longer available for sale.

Shetterd

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the new Custom Made shirt configurator? I am considering giving it a try. I know I have square shoulders, but not sure how square. Is there a better option than simply trying it out and returning depending on fit? (Getting measured in-store is not currently an option.)

porscheguy

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the new Custom Made shirt configurator? I am considering giving it a try. I know I have square shoulders, but not sure how square. Is there a better option than simply trying it out and returning depending on fit? (Getting measured in-store is not currently an option.)
Their new configurator looks a lot like the one from proper cloth, especially where measurements are concerned.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's that big old fuzzy coat I said I'd take pictures of. Not the best pictures, but I am in love with this coat.

1617311219457.png

1617311230306.png

pomor

Reaction score
Has someone heard about a potential outlet in EU ?
My money is on July at this point.

As a side note, I do wonder how successful their Black Friday November outlet was last year, because it is the first Black Friday outlet they've ever done. I wonder if it was much bigger than their normal January winter outlet

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads